Sign in to follow this  
AussieLex

Cebu South Bus Terminal

Bill H

Be advised that the Dumaguete bound and even the Santander/Bato bound AC buses are usually packed to the gills before they leave the bus terminal, you may not get one to stop, and if you do, expect to be sitting in the aisle until at least Car2x (1 hour). We make the trip a lot from Cebu/Duma, and personally I would spend the extra time and pesos to get on the bus at the terminal, thereby being able to pick a decent seat.

YMMV

Larry is spot on in his post.  If you want to ride the AC bus anywhere, South go to the terminal, if you stand on the street the odds of getting on the AC bus are small.  That said, I think the better way to get to Duma is just to take the bus to Bato, don't worry about waiting for the Duma bus.  The last stop before Bato is the ferry terminal for the fast ferry.  You can step off the bus and just about onto the ferry; it's that close.  For those who are a tad more adventuresome, walk a couple hundred meters to the North down the small road to the Pump Boat terminal and take the pump boat across the straight.  It's almost as fast as the fast ferry and cheaper.  It runs every hour, so you will save a lot of time over staying on the bus all the way to Duma.  Once you arrive at the ferry terminal at Duma walk around the terminal to the North side where you can catch the Jeepney for a few pesos or one of the many trykes sitting there for 70p, give or take.  They may ask for 100 or more because you're a foreigner, if they do, just smile and say, "No, I'm no tourist I live here I want the better rate."  Very few drivers will refuse you.  The Jeepneys will take you to the public market in the heart of the city where you can catch a tryke to anywhere in town.

• Like 2

woodchopper

"No, I'm no tourist I live here I want the better rate."  Very few drivers will refuse you.  The Jeepneys will take you to the public market in the heart of the city where you can catch a tryke to anywhere in town. Like This Top Selective Quote Quote

in the words of the immortal "Daffy Duck",,"thats desspickabel,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :yahoo:

Bill H

in the words of the immortal "Daffy Duck",,"thats desspickabel,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :yahoo:

To you perhaps, but I resent the foreigner tax and avoid it as often as possible.

Lee From Cebu

I have to say it again if you have never traveled here at x-mas or Easter do not attempt it  .

The buses are packed even catching one at the terminal could take hours .

The traffic is unbelievable it can take 1 hour to just go through Carcar  now through into that mix a parade or funeral or accident and what should take 3 or 4 hours turns into 8 or 10 hours .

The first linc party I went to at x-mas took me 4 hours to get from Cebu to Carcar and i know if I was on my bike 1.5 hours tops

A motor bike will always get on the ro-ro just take your bike leave early and save yourself a huge nightmare .

• Like 4

Vulle Vuojas

Thanks guys, his gives me what I wanted to know ... I have been seeing a girl for some time now and we are planning a trip on Dec 30 to visit her Lola, sister and brother in Pamplona   coming back Jan 2 or 3... I wanted to ride my motorcycle but she said she would rather take the bus...so the bus it is I guess....

I appreciate the input guys...

I used to play golf up there, but it's a decade+ ago. Don't know if it's still there... 

pamplona-plantation-golf-and-country-clu

Edited by Vulle Vuojas