Islamic Militants slip into Thailand ...

AussieLex

Ten Islamic State militants slipped into Thailand, leaked police memo reveals

DECEMBER 4, 20151:58PM

AUTHORITIES believe at least ten Islamic State militants have slipped into Thailand with the intention of attacking western targets, a leaked police memo has revealed.

The “urgent” and “secret” memo cited information about ten Syrian members of ISIS that was provided to Thailand authorities by the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), according to Bangkok-based news service Khaosod.

It said four suspects had travelled to Pattaya, two Bangkok and two to Phuket, with the remaining two heading to unknown locations.

However, the identities and locations of the terrorist suspects were not listed.

The memo warned authorities to increase security around venues frequented by or associated with western allies who have joined attacks on ISIS, like the United States, UK and Australia.

The timing of the warning would have been before a number of Islamic State-attributed attacks, including the October 31 downing of a Russian jet and the November 13 Paris attacks. It follows the August 2015 Bangkok bombings, which saw 20 people killed and 125 injured.

Thailand is a popular holiday destination for many allies in the fight against Islamic State. Russia sends more than a million visitors to Thailand each year. But tourism in Thailand is often affected by societal and political disruptions, like the military Coup d’Etat in May 2014 that took about four months to be stabilised.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/ten-islamic-state-militants-slipped-into-thailand-leaked-police-memo-reveals/news-story/9188d9ce58d7a3004c0496b85e37f2ef?

to_dave007

We are all subjected to "spin" every day.

In this case, the persons in question did not "enter" Thailand.. or "fly to" Thailand.. or "travel to" Thailand. Instead, they "slipped into" Thailand.  However I note that the article doesn't say that they came in by boat, or submarine, or hot air balloon... and I assume they did not teleport in..  so I'm guessing they flew in, through one of the normal airport entry points, and passed through security and immigration.  So I'm not sure what it was about their entry to Thailand that qualifies this to be termed "slipping in".

Spin..  ..just another form of propaganda.

Skywalker

Thailand has had militant Islamic insurgents 'slipping' into the south of the Country for many many years.

There are Islamist terrorists causing massacres and murders on an almost daily basis in Thailand's south,  against its Buddhist people near the border with an Islamic Country called Malaysia.

• Like 1
to_dave007

Thailand has had militant Islamic insurgents 'slipping' into the south of the Country for many many years.

Great.. then when we know they entered at the Malaysian border lets say they "slipped in".  Since it wasn't mentioned.. I'll stick with my assertion that it's "spin".  And I'm really sick of "spin"

Edited by to_dave007
to_dave007

There are Islamist terrorists causing massacres and murders on an almost daily basis in Thailand's south,  against its Buddhist people near the border with an Islamic Country called Malaysia.

So would "on an almost daily basis" mean that murders and massacres in Thailand's south by Islamic terrorists happen 3 days a week?  or 4 days a week?  or 5?  or 6?   Or is this an exaggeration?  Where can I read about this "almost daily" orgy of death in southern Thailand?

Skywalker

I'll be returning to Cebu this week.  Slipping in by plane.

If that is viewed as offensive, I can always spin in.

For information regarding terrorist activities use google.

• Like 2