Drunk Australian? or maybe Brit? nabbed

RogerDuMond

I can see that 2 moderators agree with you in calling me an ass.

Go back and read his answer again. Unless you were the Australian that got arrested, he was not calling you an asshole.

• Like 8
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cebulover2000

• Paul

• contraman

• shonkyimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I and quite a few other members have met the owner , he is a decent fella , this has all the makings of an asshole getting drunk and refusing to pay his bill.   And unless you have drank at this bar

agreed, they put up with a lot of shit in that bar   putting up with Australians shouldn't be forced on anyone!!

Ok, so here's the deal. I haven't been to Timeout for a while now and this thread reminded me to head back for a drink or two. Mike really is a good guy and l spoke to him about the incident. It turn

Posted Images

cebulover2000

Go back and read his answer again. Unless you were the Australian that got arrested, he was not calling you an asshole.

Then let him say it.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

Then let him say it.

He did.

this has all the makings of an asshole getting drunk and refusing to pay his bill.

shonkyimp

Right or wrong, the customer was stupid for letting the situation escalate to where the police were involved and it's never going to work out well for him once that happens. He should of paid the first person, a great rule of thumb for newbies and people who just don't know how to deal with trouble in Asia.

In all the years of coming in and out of Asia I've never had an issue with the police beyond a traffic fine. Then again, I pay my bills and if there was a problem l would try to talk it out reasonably. If l was unhappy with the bar l would still pay but never go back. If you don't want a large bill then don't run a tab...

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

just hid several posts

give it a rest guys

or take it to pm

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

isn't a story about a drunk australian 

a bit dog bites man

• Like 2
thebob

I can see that 2 moderators agree with you in calling me an ass.

Lots of us in here know the owner well. It is a very expat friendly place and he doesn't pad bills. I'd guess that we are dealing with a holiday millionaire, who got carried away with ordering rounds of shots!

Do you think the 8500 peso bill might have included the damage he did to the bar?

That is possible, but my guess would be rounds of shots. Jagerbombs can really cause a lot of damage.

• Like 6
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Jagerbombs can really cause a lot of damage.

in more ways than one 

• Like 1
Highlighter

Lots of us in here know the owner well. It is a very expat friendly place and he doesn't pad bills. I'd guess that we are dealing with a holiday millionaire, who got carried away with ordering rounds of shots!

That is possible, but my guess would be rounds of shots. Jagerbombs can really cause a lot of damage.

It seems there are a lot of members who know the owner. Rather than guessing why doesn't somebody local pop in (or call) and find out exactly what happened.

Edited by Highlighter
  • Like 1

many years ago I was on a beach bar and it was late. I was feeling good and asked the band to stay and play a little longer

gave them a great tip, then I bought them shots ................... 5 shots for p3000

that's a mistake a man only makes one

cvgtpc1

In the 80s, could've partied hard a couple days and had girls for 8500P lol

• Like 3
JamesMusslewhite

8,500 pesos bill - hmm. sounds a bit high. Must have ordered some bottles of hard liquor, sounds like part fault on the bar owner.

Nay, I quite sure all the blame goes to the Ozzie dumbass, but don't worry most everyone there who saw the spectacle will just think he is another dumbass Kano.

• Like 1
bkkmarlowe

Pay as you order policy at some restos/bars... means no stress over padded bar bills... and hopefully, no stress for the bar owner too.

shadow

Pay as you order policy at some restos/bars... means no stress over padded bar bills... and hopefully, no stress for the bar owner too.

That usually gets implemented soon after a few assholes come along...

• Like 4