Drunk Australian? or maybe Brit? nabbed

I wonder how much it will cost him to get out of this.

A 47-YEAR-OLD Australian national is facing a string of charges for unruly conduct in a restaurant in barangay Santa Cruz, Cebu City last Friday dawn.

Police said a drunk Steven Wodd broke a glass frame at Time Out Restaurant on Ramos Street.

A customer was injured in the knee after he was hit by  broken glass,

Wodd  also did not pay his bills amounting to P8,500.

The Australian was brought to the Cebu City Police Station 2 where he tried to escape but was cornered by police.

Police said charges for malicious mischief, physical injury, estafa and disobedience to an agent of authority will be filed  against the Australian.

http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/77006/drunk-australian-nabbed

Title changed by Lee

Edited by Lee
  • Like 3
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cebulover2000

• Paul

• contraman

• shonkyimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I and quite a few other members have met the owner , he is a decent fella , this has all the makings of an asshole getting drunk and refusing to pay his bill.   And unless you have drank at this bar

agreed, they put up with a lot of shit in that bar   putting up with Australians shouldn't be forced on anyone!!

Ok, so here's the deal. I haven't been to Timeout for a while now and this thread reminded me to head back for a drink or two. Mike really is a good guy and l spoke to him about the incident. It turn

Posted Images

cebulover2000

8,500 pesos bill - hmm. sounds a bit high. Must have ordered some bottles of hard liquor, sounds like part fault on the bar owner.

wonder if he is a member here?

A good chance. :D

8,500 pesos bill - hmm. sounds a bit high. Must have ordered some bottles of hard liquor, sounds like part fault on the bar owner.

Part fault of the bar owner? What if the dumb ass decided to buy rounds for people in the bar, especially after he was already drunk?

Edited by Paul
  • Like 6
cebulover2000

A good chance. :D

Part fault of the bar owner? What if the dumb ass decided to buy rounds for people in the bar, especially after he was already drunk?

Could be, but then again, the bar owner could have asked for some form of DP if the guy was that drunk. I also find that the numbers in the printing press are often inflated, maybe it was only 850.

shonkyimp

The owner is a good guy. Highly unlikely he padded the bill....

Dont even know how people try to defend guys like this. Tried to escape custody???

• Like 3

Could be, but then again, the bar owner could have asked for some form of DP if the guy was that drunk. I also find that the numbers in the printing press are often inflated, maybe it was only 850.

I'm curious, how much bar hopping have you ever done in your life? How many times, if so, were you ever asked for a deposit prior to drinking? This isn't the US, where the bartender pre-approves your credit card.

Until you have been to the place, don't judge it.

Quite a number of members here have visited that bar, and all have nothing but good things to say about it.

• Like 7
cebulover2000

The owner is a good guy. Highly unlikely he padded the bill....

Dont even know how people try to defend guys like this. Tried to escape custody???

Don't believe everything you read in the paper.

Take your own advice. Until you have been there, don't judge it.

• Like 2
Vulle Vuojas

What if the dumb ass decided to buy rounds for people in the bar, especially after he was already drunk?
Yes, Was thinking he rang the bell.... I've done once in Lone Star or Exotica... can't remember which :biggrin_01:
  • Like 1
shonkyimp

Well there a few things we can presume even without the newspaper.

1/ A commotion happened at Time Out

2/ Police were called.

Having spent a large amount of time in this bar and seen the way the owner operates, l would think it was a last resort before police were called by him. Maybe it was a customer who called. I'm betting the customer who was arrested was hardly innocent.

• Like 9
cebulover2000

I and quite a few other members have met the owner , he is a decent fella , this has all the makings of an asshole getting drunk and refusing to pay his bill.

And unless you have drank at this bar and met the owner all other assumptions are just that assumptions.

I can see that 2 moderators agree with you in calling me an ass.

I can see that 2 moderators agree with you in calling me an ass.

I don't believe that was the case

just pointing out that many members here have been to Time Out and the owner and staff are top notch

in fact the charity bash that is upcoming on 12/27 was started with a group of 10 members meeting at Time Out last April

• Like 6