Women in combat, US

One problem is that assignment to the infantry would be compulsory for men assigned that MOS but voluntary for women all for the benefit of the 1% of women who are qualified. To fight in combat is not a right as far as I know.

It is now.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spydoo

• colemanlee

• diverdon

• Daddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm no Muslim.   But, I will agree our bodies are different. We men are the bigger, physically stronger sex for a reason. We are supposed to be the ones who go to battle.   I have to stand by my "

For those that belive women should be carrying a crew served weapon in a combat zone. Read this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/09/10/marine-experiment-finds-women-get-injured

I have no doubts  that women can be even more proficient killers than men. The difficulties will arise when the the men do their damndest to protect the women regardless of the consequences.   This

Posted Images

• Administrator
Salty Dog

women-combat-military-women-sexy-demotivational-posters-1359279134.jpg

angbumabasa

Understanding men and women are different only results in mistreatment of women by wicked men. They are the weaker sex and made to be mens' help-mates. Men should care for them because of that weakness, and love them because they are lovable and it's the right thing to do. 

There was no implication in my post that I am anything like a Muslim, nor that I treat women as cattle. You're missing the intelligent and obvious middle-ground that even nature shows us to be the right way to live.

Who wears the trousers in your house? If it's you, then you are showing you inherently understand and the natural role of a man, and expect women to adhere to theirs as well.

Actually I wear shorts, my wife wears the pants. A matriarchal society here where the husband brings home the goodies, and the wife rules the roost, and everything else. And I've seen my wife angry, and when she is I'm always VERY happy to be out of range. And if her ilk was dropped into ISIS-land, fully armed and trained some poor ragheads on a jihad would up sh_it creek w/o a paddle. There ain't nothing worse than a Filipina or a Latina, in a bad mood, and hungry for blood.  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

My son is a combat officer in the U.S. Army.  Just finished a tour in Korea where I went to visit him.   He had a girlfriend who was a strength and conditioning coach at West Point.  She was blonde, 6'2, buff and weighed about 160.  She looked like the next generation terminator.  I witnessed some of their arguments about women in combat..  She of course felt strongly that they were just as capable.  He would laugh at her and make his counter arguments.

He went on several competitive ranger exercises in which each team was required to have a female in them.  In competition the only possible way a team could get a fast time was to have each male carry the females rucksack for part of the way (in addition to their own).  they just were not physcially strong enough to carry a 80 pound rucksack at a fast pace.  This of course made the males more fatigued and less effective soldiers.  Between that, their mood swings, emotional breakdowns, and the issues they caused with male combat soldiers, privacy issues, he just felt they did not really fit in infantry combat situations.  His argument to me was that if it was a good idea, at least one of the thousands of armies over history would have successfully used female infantry soldiers.  None have (with minor and insignificant exceptions).. He also said there are always going to be a few females  that can excel in an intense combat situation but that in his experience the numbers are an extremely small minority of the female soldiers current in the army. 

He realizes that he cannot fight political correctness. He keeps his mouth shut and does his job.  He also endorses females in the military in the a multitude of other capacities, including Helicopter and Fighter pilots.  He has stated that it is political correctness that will prevent him from making a career in the U.S. Army.   He often spends more time on HR issues and training than in combat training.

There is a lot more than squeezing a trigger in a combat situation.  sleepness nights, freezing cold, intense stress and physical and emotional hardship are part of his every day experiences when in the field.  Like my son, I've accepted the fact that female fighting troops are here to stay.  Also, like my son, I question how effective they will be and American units as a whole will be when faced with physically strong and determined all- male Chinese, Russian or ISIS opponents.

Edited by Alk
  • Like 1
colemanlee

I dont have a dog in the fight anymore...Im retired, and my son is now retiring...but everytime I think about women in combat these chicks come to mind, the IDF have always had it together by necessity 

post-16622-0-36712000-1449652287_thumb.jpg

I dont have a dog in the fight anymore...Im retired, and my son is now retiring...but everytime I think about women in combat these chicks come to mind, the IDF have always had it together by necessity 

attachicon.gifIsrael_Defense_Forces_-_Karakal_Winter_Training - Copy.jpg

The IDF has in past wars not had female soldiers in front line combat. That is changing a bit, but most of what you read in the press about Israeli female combat soldiers is nonsense.  Mostly from the liberal American press trying to justify female combat soldiers.... .  

"In the infantry, virtually all of Israel’s female combat soldiers are confined to two light battalions — the Caracal and the Lions of Jordan — which are assigned to guard the borders with Egypt and Jordan, the only Arab countries that have peace treaties with Israel..... More below:"    

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/25/womens-combat-roles-in-israel-defense-forces-exagg/?page=all

Edited by Alk