Women in combat, US

And that is fine to comment on that but don't continue to comment on your opinion of male dominance.

Firstly, I have commented on leadership, not dominance. Secondly, that leadership issue is very relevant to this thread.

You are trying to censor me, which I have found to be a typical liberal-leftist strategy. 

The only reason you don't want me to post is because you disagree with me, not because it's not relevant to this thread, because it is. Stop misusing your mod position and post what you yourself think, if you have something to say. Otherwise please refrain from pretending it's a moderation issue.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spydoo

• colemanlee

• diverdon

• Daddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm no Muslim.   But, I will agree our bodies are different. We men are the bigger, physically stronger sex for a reason. We are supposed to be the ones who go to battle.   I have to stand by my "

For those that belive women should be carrying a crew served weapon in a combat zone. Read this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/09/10/marine-experiment-finds-women-get-injured

I have no doubts  that women can be even more proficient killers than men. The difficulties will arise when the the men do their damndest to protect the women regardless of the consequences.   This

Posted Images

Sure, I personally think you let a strangely held religious belief determine everything you say not much different from those that follow Sharia law and detrimental to society as a whole and cant help but wonder why you of all people would even care what the American Military does...

Thanks for your opinion. You are right in that I have learned my opinion from religious teaching, though I try to keep to the rules about posting where it comes from most of the time. However you have read my opinion that we should love women much and care for them. I don't think that's how you see Sharia law practiced.

The reason I care what the US military does is because I take an interest in world events and current affairs. It's in my personality to speak my mind because I'm confident I'm right, and hope others will hear me.

oztony

Actually it's exactly what this thread is about: whether it is appropriate for women to take on roles that men have tradtionally held. Please don't use your position as mod to censor my point of view. If you disagree with me, post about it.

Correctimundo , Where as Roger is generally spot on with his take on things , I do agree with you Spydoo on this one ,

I mean what next , a mammary test on certain impediments that could arise , for all those GI Jane fans , get with the reality of this.

Is this another equal rights , politically correct set up , or should the rule of the strongest and best without having to sacrifice for this crap , hold the stage.

Edited by oztony
  • Like 1

The decision to intergrate women into combat was made by persons whom follow an ideology that despises US military strength. I am a Navy Vet but for my childrens sake I pray that they never bring back the draft. 

smokey

The down side I would think of woman in war,  is, if they get captured..  not sure how they would handle been rapped repeatedly, what that will do to their mental health, and how they will coupe in the real world once they get released.

they will get out and apply for disability .... I think Israel has women for many years

How did good old Joan of Arc fare in battle? 

Paul, your right our bodies are different..but having served with WM's for years...a lot of them I have known would do just fine in combat..I think the valid argument here is not whether they can do it, be in combat, but whether they will be a distraction to men combatants...as men have a natural tendency to protect women...hopefully, the women that do apply for combat positions will not be the type that bring that out in a man...believe me the Marine Corp have plenty of that type...The Israeli army has proved it can be done successfully as did the Russian army in WW2

It's true that perhaps the top 1% of women would be about average compared to a male infantry soldier. It's also true that in dificult situations many women use certian charms and favors to avoid things they find unplesent. They also form tight clicks and destroy weaker members (ask a sixth grade teacher.) These things and the favoritism women will expect and the lowering of standards that their supporters will demand to make things fair, do not bode well for Americas combat effectiveness. Those who sit fat happy and corrupt in DC have little to fear, no enemy can cross the ocean to attack us at home. But, our friends abroad look at us and wonder if we can protect them should they need it. This can cause the world to slowely realign in favor of tyrants and against freedom.

Irenicus

I'd say something derogatory about women but I'm afraid Holly Holm would kick me in the neck.

• Like 1

The stories say that She did better than the Men She replaced. That in the end Her own countrymen burned Her is one of Histories great crimes. Joan's time was desprate with Her Nation near total defeat. I hope America is never so desprate, but if it is and God sends us a leader like Joan of Arc, I will follow Her into battle.

The decision to intergrate women into combat was made by persons whom follow an ideology that despises US military strength. I am a Navy Vet but for my childrens sake I pray that they never bring back the draft. 

Will they, (the elites), also require women to register for the draft. If they are good enough for combat roles then perhaps they should be MADE to go into combat roles. 

I do not have a daughter, but if I did I would not want her to be drafted or in combat.

Scotsbloke

Those who sit fat happy and corrupt in DC have little to fear, no enemy can cross the ocean to attack us at home. But, our friends abroad look at us and wonder if we can protect them should they need it. This can cause the world to slowely realign in favor of tyrants and against freedom.

As a 'friend abroad' let me assure you that the number of fecks given by you deploying women on the front line is fewer than one.

As a father who has a daughter who puts herself in potentially harms way (a cop in a single person squad car) I can see both sides.

I have no problems with women filling non-frontline MOS's involve killing the enemy. She'd be great.

The downside of them being frontline, besides the physical aspect,  would be our enemies specifically targeting them for capture.

Pretty good, But she hated men and screwed horses

What's gonna happen when one of these women starts screwing half the squad and jealously kicks in ?

I suffer through life with an acute case of common sense.   I don't want to get on either side of this, but it sure seems to defy common sense.    Jester

One problem is that assignment to the infantry would be compulsory for men assigned that MOS but voluntary for women all for the benefit of the 1% of women who are qualified. To fight in combat is not a right as far as I know.