RA7610, AN ACT PROVIDING FOR STRONGER DETERRENCE AND SPECIAL PROTECTION AGAINST CHILD ABUSE, EXPLOITATION AND DISCRIMINATION, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES

SkyMan

Are you aware of any incidents of foreigners spending hours in a police station having to identify their daughters? Not saying it couldn't happen, but haven't heard of any such incidents to date.

See Shadow's post above.  Also, I posted this recently on another thread more or less the same subject:

A good friend of mine in Bogo, was detained taking his nieces out for ice cream as he had done many times before.  There was no suspicious behavior as some think is required.  He was held for hours even after their mother came and identified him as their uncle.  (Even though this law is not supposed to apply to relatives.)  What finally get him released was when he told them that if they were looking for a payday they had the wrong guy.

I would suppose that would be more likely with a step-daughter (who bears no physical resemblance to you) than with your daughter by blood (where there is usually at least some resemblance between father and a daughter).

True but many refer to their stepdaughters as their daughters and this could apply to other relatives too, nieces, younger SILs, cousins.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• contraman

• colemanlee

• mikewright

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would imagine it is much worse there than here. This is a very affluent community, every house on my street is nicer than ours with new cars in the driveway. It just bothers me as I often hang out i

I was interrogated by police in Davao one time about traveling with an underage girl, while the girl was whisked away to a separate room and drilled. They did not want to believe that the girl was ind

Of course we are under the law of the Philippines.   The point I was making here was, as an American Citizen, even if the law of the land in the Philippines WERE 12 years - age of consent, it would

Posted Images

SkyMan

So are you the exception or the rule?  Thanks for your imput.

The question is more do you feel you're the exception or the rule?  Like Eastwood said, "you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" Edited by SkyMan
colemanlee

If we all stopped sharing our thoughts opinions here the forum would be pretty useless would it not?

Your welcome to share your opinion, but my question is why do you couch it like its fact...why dont you just say IN MY OPINION....Everybody has opinions, just most state that it is their opinion instead of trying to make it fact...kinda like some folks here believe God created the world in seven days...some dont..its all their opinion...not fact...

Tullioz

If you were at such forums, then they must have been reported upon in the press, so perhaps a link may add to your credibility (Which in my opinion is at a very low ebb) and we could make our own assessment of what was said.

It is pretty much impossible for me to show proof of forums I have attended or their subject matter so as you say my position is a weak one. I can share links to them like this one I attended a couple of years ago;  http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs133/1011080368549/archive/1116653887509.html There were several in attendance, but as a spectator there is no record of me or anyone else attending to be found online or elsewhere. I can post a pictures like these of the most recent forum I attended where human trafficking was one of the many subjects discussed (Mainly focusing on Zamboanga and the situation following the siege),

post-15209-0-51191600-1449141542_thumb.jpg

post-15209-0-07310700-1449143557_thumb.jpgpost-15209-0-02138600-1449143573_thumb.jpg

but then again there is no concrete proof there either. It all comes down to whether or not you trust what I am saying or not. But you have to ask, what would be my motivation to join an online forum such as this and provide misinformation on any subject or experiences I may have? What would I gain from doing something like that? What would be the point? Like I said before, I try to be an asset to this forum and I hope anyone else who happens to read my posts can benefit from some of the information I share here.  

Edited by Tullioz

Do you really think at a forum you attend the PNP are going to tell you about the time they took Shadow into custody while traveling with his 35yo wife? Or the time they took the other guy with his niece into custody to try to extort money from him?

The problem, the reason why you have members here objecting to every single post you make, is because you go to those forums and repeat that theory here despite hearing what happens in the real world. You listen at those forums but you don't listen here. You accept facts if they suit your agenda but not if they don't.

Please think about this. Everyone tries to tell you this every day. 

The question is more do you feel you're the exception or the rule?  Like Eastwood said, "you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"

You mean to say that in every instance of going out with one's relative or child expats are pulled up and questioned over the relationship? 

• Like 2
mikewright

See Shadow's post above. Also, I posted this recently on another thread more or less the same subject:

Exactly. There has been no report of incidents where a person has had to spend hours in a police station identifying their daughter. Which was my point.

I'm surprised there have not been more examples here of expats being questioned when with minors. Two examples of expats being questioned, and in both instances the matters were cleared up without too much angst.  Taking into account the number of expats who got to public places with nieces, step-daughters, and other family members who are minors, I would have thought there would have been many more examples if this were a real problem.

• Like 3
AussieLex

I'm surprised there have not been more examples here of expats being questioned when with minors. Two examples of expats being questioned, and in both instances the matters were cleared up without too much angst. 

I feel there may be cases of investigations happening that are not reported here or in the media. Cases where foreigners are questioned maybe briefly or for an hour or three... There are a lot of expats who are not a member of this group after all. Being aware and having evidence on hand of the relationship seems like the sensible thing to do. 

I think it prudent to keep in mind that should a local have an axe to grind, is unhappy about something or feels hard done by then  it wouldn't take much to make a report and once that happens the police will not be so kindly assuming guilt until innocence is proven.  A not so nice time could ensue for a period of time till the matter is cleared up.... 

• Like 2