I'm new to Cebu

Hello everyone,

I'm 22 years old from Arizona. I just separated from the US Air Force and decided to live in the Philippines while going to college online. I decided to live here for a few reasons; it's way cheaper to live here, the women are beautiful, people speak english well and are very welcoming of foreigners. I've been exploring Cebu for a few weeks and decided to settle down in Lapu-Lapu. I'm into Scuba diving and nightlife so if anyone needs a diving or bar hopping partner, shoot me an e-mail.

I'm interested in getting into business to increase my monthly income and give me a hobby to take up all my newly found free time. I've looked at taxi franchises, bars and internet cafes but, have not decided yet. Please send me an e-mail if anyone out there needs a business partner, knows of a good business for an expat or knows of a turn-key business for sale.

Matt

Wow , I wish I did this when I was young, Good luck, but you wont make money here in a street level business, I would run the numbers using my VA loan to pick up a middle class home possible a foreclosure in AZ and have that subsidise your income over here. '

This is just a knee jerk reply that flew off the top of my head, reading your post, so take it as that!

MattFromGA

Be careful about claiming that "its way cheaper to live here" in Cebu. I happen to agree, but for some reason a good number of forum members believe that it is actually more expensive here. I guess if what you want to do it wake up and think you're still in America it could get pricey setting that environment up, but if you adjust just a bit, you are correct, it is way cheaper to live here than Phoenix. I lived in Phoenix for 8 years.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Which part of Lapu-lapu are you staying?

A lot of expats met at Dione's, a restaurant with billiard in the corner going to Pajac and Bankal.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Which part of Lapu-lapu are you staying?

A lot of expats met at Dione's, a restaurant with billiard in the corner going to Pajac and Bankal.

Thanks, I'll hae to check Dione's out. I'm in Ibabao Basak, west of Mactan Doctors Hospital.