‘Seaside City’ numbers

SunStar

‘Seaside City’ numbers

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/lifestyle/2015/12/01/seaside-city-numbers-444567

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

sm_3.jpg?itok=71trZXTT

SM Seaside aerial view (Foto by Allan Cuizon)

THERE'S a mighty big chance that people have already stepped in the latest landmark in town, SM Seaside City. But whether or not one has checked it out already, here are a few numbers that should help one understand better the magnitude of such a project. With the hype subsiding a bit, now is the perfect time to admire this commercial milestone.

Size. The entire mall occupies 93,570 square meters of lot area. In perspective, that’s about the area of 200 basketball courts laid out side by side.

But here’s the deal, multiply that by the five floors needed to turn this mall into a lifestyle hot spot, one gets 470,490 sq. m. of space to leisurely walk on. That’s about 1,000 basketball courts worth of space for the extra workout! Health experts say we should get at least 10,000 steps of walking or running done daily to get some good exercise. This mall is the perfect place to start, most especially when one can’t exactly recall where he parked.

Parking. Speaking of parking, the mall’s main car park is incorporated into the structure and can accommodate an insane number of vehicles with its 4,525 parking slots available. For perspective, this amount of vehicles—assuming one takes about four meters in length—can fill the entire route from the Capitol Building, Cebu City to Lapu-Lapu City, spanning about 18 km. in a single line.

Shops. The mall is expecting about 440 brands to set up shop. If one is brave enough to check out all the shops one by one giving it about 20 minutes each, he still won’t be able to check it out in a day, given the mall operating from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.

Currently, only about half of these stores have begun operating since the grand opening last Nov. 27. But the beautiful thing to note is that not only global and national brands are featured in this iconic landmark but homegrown Cebuano food and retail brands as well.

The total leasable area of the mall is recorded at 130,758 sq. m. If one wanted all these brands and spaces in a single floor-level bazaar, he would need 18 football fields (or more) to fit every brand.

Potential. SM Seaside City is massive but is actually just the heart of an even bigger community planned around it. It prides itself as a state-of-the-art, environmentally sustainable urban center of a 30-hectare space at the South Road Properties. There’s a chapel nearby; the first structure built in this complex—the Chapel of San Pedro Calungsod—reminiscent of the Spanish times when towns would be built around a church. From the center then, developments will sprout around it. Expect a world-class arena and marine theme park, high-rise residential and office towers, hotels, a convention and exhibition center, a school, a hospital, among many others.

• Like 1
Nangulo

The mall is expecting about 440 brands to set up shop. If one is brave enough to check out all the shops one by one giving it about 20 minutes each, he still won’t be able to check it out in a day, given the mall operating from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.

Dang.  It's gonna be a chore to put all of those waypoints onto a GPS map.

Headshot

There are a hell of a lot more than 440 spaces identified on the SM Seaside Mall map, so that puzzles me a bit

If you look at it as slots, on business can have 1 or more slots

is slots the right word ?

Headshot

If you look at it as slots, on business can have 1 or more slots

is slots the right word ?

That is true. I haven't actually counted ALL of the spaces (I got tired), but it appears to be between six and seven hundred spaces. While some of the businesses will take up more than one spot, it seems like a lot of spaces to occupy.

Was there yesterday..... very impressive, i think it will be a lovely place when finished... 

Road junction on way in is a bit primitive, but guards were everywhere directing traffic and generally looking a bit aghast at whatever their task was.

Did not see any buses in way in or out.

at least half the shops were empty

Car park impressive, well marked and seems the different segments are named  ?city" "seaside" etc and colour coded.

bit dissapointed with the area in the centre.... was kind of looking for something like Ayala with the nice area overlooking the gardens.

Seems to me they wasted some of the better viewing areas but maybe this will change as the building develops some character

Tower seemed enormous from close up...

Seems there will be some new shops and a couple of new restaurants not seen yet in Cebu.

summary

worth a visit on a quiet day.....

note

on level one, tour available to seniors.riding in a golf buggy..

• Like 2
Nangulo

Was there an ice skating rink?  Open?

Edited by Nangulo
Goetz1965
on level one, tour available to seniors.riding in a golf buggy.. [/quote

I know what I bring to SM Malls next - an E-Scooter ... and they better not tell me it's forbidden because then I like to talk to the manager ...

Was there an ice skating rink?  Open?

When I was there on monday  there were a few people on the ice

there was a big sign  that it would open  dec 1st

• Like 1
RogerDat

Where is the store map? is it online? Golf cart sounds good. Hobby Shop??