Philippine Law, and age difference,

bkkmarlowe

Haha... no its Marlowe... Aussie "old school" BABY boomer.. older than dirt! ha ha.. PM me later matey,,,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• contraman

• bkkmarlowe

• SkyMan

• noddle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are not married to your lady friend, you are breaking the Law (as I understand it) by being with the 2 boys alone.   It's not easy because I also take my 2 boys (both 11 years old) to the Mal

Dear fellow LinC members... where are the LINKs to show western expats rotting in jail ( doing porridge) for the  so-called "crime" of being with kids who belong to your SO.. your life time partner  

Really!!!!!!!  In all honesty why do we have this conversation once every single month.  Be safe and do the right thing and you will be fine.  If you, as a concerned Adult would have questions over so

That Masked Man

Here's something worthy of debate.

"That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty."

I've been living with my unmarried SO and her now nearly 5 year old for almost 2 years.

The neighbors for miles around know we are an item.

The kid calls me dad.

We go everywhere together.

Surely this constitutes 'bond recognized by law", "local custom and tradition" and even "social or moral duty"?

KonC

Probably, but even if it is, that doesn't mean it will be accepted immediately. It could involve a long drawn out process with several people looking for money to work things out. It might not, but the law is just not very clear.

rainymike

Here's something worthy of debate.

"That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty."

I've been living with my unmarried SO and her now nearly 5 year old for almost 2 years.

The neighbors for miles around know we are an item.

The kid calls me dad.

We go everywhere together.

Surely this constitutes 'bond recognized by law", "local custom and tradition" and even "social or moral duty"?

KonC

I lived under similar circumstances for a few years. Never had any problems. But always had evidence that I was acting in the capacity of their guardian/parent ... such as signing off and paying for school bills, healthcare, etc. Now that I have a biological daughter the potential for problems (I feel) are greatly reduced. When we were just dating, I never allowed myself to be alone with the kids.

Reality is, this kind of arrangement is far more common in this country than most people realize.

• Like 1

Just to add a twist, I have several buddies here on Camiguin who live with a girl who has a child by a previous relationship  and also a child by my buddies.

KonC

For Real

Haha... no its Marlowe... Aussie "old school" BABY boomer.. older than dirt! ha ha.

Though so. You were leaking way too much common sense. 

• Like 1

Really!!!!!!!  In all honesty why do we have this conversation once every single month.  Be safe and do the right thing and you will be fine.  If you, as a concerned Adult would have questions over someone who is with a child (person who appears under 18) well then another would also.  Hence in the Philippines ensure they are not or you are in jail.  You need to apply a little common sense to all this.  It is very simple.

Under 18 ensure you have a relative of the individual that is over 18 with you.  Follow that rule and you will be just fine.  We can play hypothetical all day but do you need a road map to protecting your butt.  

Or is it just more fun to play with a badly worded piece of legislation and look for a loophole that fits your specific need. Do you really think Filipinos care about your loophole.

Exactly. I have a god daughter and I am always with her and her mom with us. 

But generally, it is highly unlikely that Filipinos would report a step father or a God father as a potential pedo. Have you heard of a case when a porener was arrested and sentenced because he was living with a GF/wife who already had a kid and she reported him as a perv? In a very family oriented society, everybody will just assume this is a stepfather or a godfather.

I once took my goddaughter around the block to buy candy and everyone was asking "anak mo?"  

Edited by tambok

As defined by whom ?

Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.” Proverbs 19:17 ESV

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”

– Mahatma Gandhi

“Set your heart on doing good. Do it over and over again, and you will be filled with joy.”

Buddha

Translates into assuaging my guilty feelings for being born in a first world country..... :yahoo:

Keep laughing! I wasn't born in a 1st world country.

But generally, it is highly unlikely that Filipinos would report a step father or a God father as a potential pedo.

Once is way too often. The law should be better written. 

• Like 1