Philippine Law, and age difference,

colemanlee

I was performing my moral duty!

Translates into assuaging my guilty feelings for being born in a first world country..... :yahoo:

• Like 2
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• contraman

• bkkmarlowe

• SkyMan

• noddle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are not married to your lady friend, you are breaking the Law (as I understand it) by being with the 2 boys alone.   It's not easy because I also take my 2 boys (both 11 years old) to the Mal

Dear fellow LinC members... where are the LINKs to show western expats rotting in jail ( doing porridge) for the  so-called "crime" of being with kids who belong to your SO.. your life time partner  

Really!!!!!!!  In all honesty why do we have this conversation once every single month.  Be safe and do the right thing and you will be fine.  If you, as a concerned Adult would have questions over so

USMC-Retired

Really!!!!!!!  In all honesty why do we have this conversation once every single month.  Be safe and do the right thing and you will be fine.  If you, as a concerned Adult would have questions over someone who is with a child (person who appears under 18) well then another would also.  Hence in the Philippines ensure they are not or you are in jail.  You need to apply a little common sense to all this.  It is very simple.

Under 18 ensure you have a relative of the individual that is over 18 with you.  Follow that rule and you will be just fine.  We can play hypothetical all day but do you need a road map to protecting your butt.  

Or is it just more fun to play with a badly worded piece of legislation and look for a loophole that fits your specific need. Do you really think Filipinos care about your loophole.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 4
SkyMan

Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

Google forth degree of consanguinity

The OP is referring to "with a woman" so I assume they aren't married so he isn't related to her sons.

The OP is referring to "with a woman" so I assume they aren't married so he isn't related to her sons.

Correct, she is my 40 year old gf,  she has 2 kids, 10 & 12

so from what I can gather / read,  I should always have someone with us who is related to the kids,  when we ( kids ) go anywhere.  local or into the city.

Edited by noddle
SkyMan

Really!!!!!!!  In all honesty why do we have this conversation once every single month.  Be safe and do the right thing and you will be fine.  If you, as a concerned Adult would have questions over someone who is with a child (person who appears under 18) well then another would also.  Hence in the Philippines ensure they are not or you are in jail.  You need to apply a little common sense to all this.  It is very simple.

Under 18 ensure you have a relative of the individual that is over 18 with you.  Follow that rule and you will be just fine.  We can play hypothetical all day but do you need a road map to protecting your butt.  

Or is it just more fun to play with a badly worded piece of legislation and look for a loophole that fits your specific need. Do you really think Filipinos care about your loophole.

This discussion comes up often because the law is so ambiguous and far reaching.  Certainly I agree it's just common sense with the gf.  If you can't prove she's 18 then stay away.  The part where common sense fails, and the main reason this gets discussed over and over, is when dealing with kids in an entirely legitimate fashion.  In the west, common sense would dictate that it's perfectly fine to take kids out for an ice cream or burger and fries, to a playground, or to a movie.  This law, however, makes that illegal.  A good friend of mine in Bogo, was detained taking his nieces out for ice cream as he had done many times before.  There was no suspicious behavior as some think is required.  He was held for hours even after their mother came and identified him as their uncle.  (Even though this law is not supposed to apply to relatives.)  What finally get him released was when he told them that if they were looking for a payday they had the wrong guy.

• Like 2
smokey

all this its written here and quoted here mean nothing to the guy arresting you as you can tell it to the judge ...

Goetz1965
 In the west, common sense would dictate that it's perfectly fine to take kids out for an ice cream or burger and fries, to a playground, or to a movie.

Around one month ago in munich germany - a father was walking through a park home with his 10 year old daughter.

3 young men followed and started beating him !

Here's the article about it in german news: http://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/panorama/kriminalitaet/id_74684286/vater-wird-bei-spaziergang-mit-tochter-als-paedophiler-angegriffen.html

The world is easy going crazy today if they see an older men with a young boy or girl ...

Edited by Goetz1965
SkyMan

Around one month ago in munich germany - a father was walking through a park home with his 10 year old daughter.

Here's the article about it in german news: http://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/panorama/kriminalitaet/id_74684286/vater-wird-bei-spaziergang-mit-tochter-als-paedophiler-angegriffen.html

The world is easy going crazy today if they see an older men with a young boy or girl ...

The translation is pretty poor but the three guys weren't police and he was in no danger of being arrested so this doesn't really apply here does it?

all this its written here and quoted here mean nothing to the guy arresting you as you can tell it to the judge ...

When you get to see him in maybe 6 months...a year?

That Masked Man

That is true in any country for any accusation.

SkyMan

Is she married?

Good question there really.  Someone fathered those kids and if he decides to cause trouble it'd be easy for him to say the OP was abusing his kids.  That would end badly.  In addition to adultery charges if she's married.

• Like 1
For Real

This is a case where the PR law and its application might be better than the possibility of getting beat or worse. Observing citizens taking the law into their own hands or using the authorities...which one is worse?

RogerDuMond

Good question there really.  Someone fathered those kids and if he decides to cause trouble it'd be easy for him to say the OP was abusing his kids.  That would end badly.

For the one bringing the charges.

contraman

That would end badly. 

For the one bringing the charges.

Depends on how much influence the father has with the authorities.

The recent documentary come to mind :idontknow:

RogerDuMond

Depends on how much influence the father has with the authorities.

The recent documentary come to mind :idontknow:

Probably not much influence as influential local males tend to stay married. Not necessarily faithful, but still married.