Philippine Law, and age difference,

I have a question after seeing this in another post.

(b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

Does this law say, that if I'm with a woman, more than 10 years my junior, then I could get myself into trouble ?

and,  does it also mean I can not go anywhere, or do things ( shopping, walking around etc.. ) with her 2 young sons, ( 10 & 12 )

Nigel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• contraman

• bkkmarlowe

• Woolf

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are not married to your lady friend, you are breaking the Law (as I understand it) by being with the 2 boys alone.   It's not easy because I also take my 2 boys (both 11 years old) to the Mal

Dear fellow LinC members... where are the LINKs to show western expats rotting in jail ( doing porridge) for the  so-called "crime" of being with kids who belong to your SO.. your life time partner  

Really!!!!!!!  In all honesty why do we have this conversation once every single month.  Be safe and do the right thing and you will be fine.  If you, as a concerned Adult would have questions over so

Tullioz

Does this law say, that if I'm with a woman, more than 10 years my junior, then I could get myself into trouble ?

and,  does it also mean I can not go anywhere, or do things ( shopping, walking around etc.. ) with her 2 young sons, ( 10 & 12 )

Nigel

The answer to both questions is no. and unless the woman you are dating is under 18 you do not have to worry about the 10 year age difference. But of course having a girlfriend under 18 is also a no. 

Edited by Tullioz

If she is under 18 yes,

if she is 18 or above  no problem

Please make a search for RA 7610 on this forums     I am too lazy to find all the threads about

this subject  already here

press the cogwheel you see at top right 

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1
RogerDuMond

If she is under 18 yes,

if she is above 18  no problem

Please make a search for RA 7610 on this forums     I am too lazy to find all the threads about

this subject  already here

press the cogwheel you see at top right 

If she has sons that are 10 and 12, I doubt that she is under 18.

• Like 3
Skywalker

does it also mean I can not go anywhere, or do things ( shopping, walking around etc.. ) with her 2 young sons

If you are not married to your lady friend, you are breaking the Law (as I understand it) by being with the 2 boys alone.

It's not easy because I also take my 2 boys (both 11 years old) to the Mall, just the 3 of us, and apparently I am breaking the Law because I am not related to them.  One hopes that common sense would prevail, but since common sense isn't prevalent in these islands, it's a risk that one has to quantify personally.

• Like 7
smokey

Gee i thought i posted in this thread guess i used invisible ink  all the talk about law this and law that just keep your unit out of the cookie jar till the cookies are fully baked 

For Real

You would have to be unlucky to be shaken down but it can happen. 8 years ago I was in your shoes (and have since inadvertantly declared i have broken this law in court whilst going through the adoption process LOL) and nothing went wrong. All it can take is someone in the greater picture to either NOT be thrilled in your relationship or think they can make some easy money off you.

I am pretty sure no one in your situation (Children of SO) has been stung but you don't want to be the first.

Gee i thought i posted in this thread guess i used invisible ink  all the talk about law this and law that just keep your unit out of the cookie jar till the cookies are fully baked 

Go back and check on your cookies Smokey.

• Like 2

If you are not married to your lady friend, you are breaking the Law (as I understand it) by being with the 2 boys alone.

There is nothing written in that law about being alone or not alone with them.

Edited by Sven
  • Like 1
That Masked Man

As I understand it, both "twelve (12) years or under" and "ten (10) years or more his junior" are modifying the term "minor" so as long as everyone involved is an adult (18+) there is no violation. The kids could be a different story. As was stated before, it is not usually prosecuted, but potentially it could be.

• Like 1
colemanlee

Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

Google forth degree of consanguinity

I have a question after seeing this in another post.

(b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

Nigel

You missed a little red ink. 

• Like 1

On many occasions, I took crowds of street kids into a restaurant to eat. Sometimes that restaurant also sold beer but of course I never bought any beer for them. I just had to feed those poor kids.

I was performing my moral duty!

• Like 1
contraman

I was performing my moral duty!

As defined by whom ?