Accidentaly dating an underage girl

littlejohn

A guy came here to meet his online girlfriend. After being here a few weeks he finds out she lied about her age and wont be 18 for a few more months. They seem to be happy together and want to get married.

He wants to know if the being in the company of a minor issue is just being alone with her. I told him about the guy there in Cebu who  was arrested while living with a girl and her parents. Question is how did that turn out did they continue to press charges?

My recommendation was to take some time away and come back when she is 18 in about 3 months but is that really necessary?

I don't remember all the details of the case and no idea how it turned out.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• contraman

• littlejohn

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tell him to say he is going out to buy some cigarettes and NEVER come back...   run forrest run !

The subject has been beat to death...the law is the law...if he continues he takes his chances...in the end, no matter what his motives its just how lucky he feels as it could go to hell in a handbask

and the family can turn on him and demand $ or they will press charges, or worst, they can press charges and then demand $ to drop them , in the meantime, the police, the lawyers and the judges can de

colemanlee

The subject has been beat to death...the law is the law...if he continues he takes his chances...in the end, no matter what his motives its just how lucky he feels as it could go to hell in a handbasket...

• Like 9

If it was not pay for play he may not have commited a crime under Philippine law. Perhaps your friend should ask himself what kind of life He will have married to a woman who was lying to Him before they even met. When He gets back to his home country then He may be in trouble.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Philippines

Edited by diverdon

The subject has been beat to death...the law is the law...if he continues he takes his chances...in the end, no matter what his motives its just how lucky he feels as it could go to hell in a handbasket...

and the family can turn on him and demand $ or they will press charges, or worst, they can press charges and then demand $ to drop them , in the meantime, the police, the lawyers and the judges can demand fees and other costs while he spends a year or two in Jail... 

tell him to keep quiet, and slip away as fast as he can.... run forrest run....

• Like 9
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

You guys are a tough crowd.

Hell my first love was only 13...

OK so I was only 14 at the time...

• Like 2

You guys are a tough crowd.

Hell my first love was only 13...

OK so I was only 14 at the time...

met her on the 'Westward Ho' travel plan did we ?     kissing in the old cover wagons.... :yahoo:

• Like 2
Wolfpack

If it was not pay for play he may not have commited a crime under Philippine law. Perhaps your friend should ask himself what kind of life He will have married to a woman who was lying to Him before they even met. When He gets back to his home country then He may be in trouble.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Philippines

This ! ! !

• Like 2
littlejohn

Women lie especially here where they seem to have a different definition of a lie. If that is the only thing she is lieing about I would consider him lucky.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

Really you need to ask... honestly,

• Like 4
Skywalker

Christ, and I worry about taking my unrelated minor kids to the shopping Mall.

How old is this 'friend' and what could he possibly have in common with a 17 year old child?

If he is besotted, he needs to protect himself by leaving the Country until this child turns 18.

• Like 1

A guy came here to meet his online girlfriend. After being here a few weeks he finds out she lied about her age and wont be 18 for a few more months. They seem to be happy together and want to get married.

He wants to know if the being in the company of a minor issue is just being alone with her. I told him about the guy there in Cebu who  was arrested while living with a girl and her parents. Question is how did that turn out did they continue to press charges?

My recommendation was to take some time away and come back when she is 18 in about 3 months but is that really necessary?

I don't remember all the details of the case and no idea how it turned out.

Short answer:  YES

• Like 1
littlejohn

As I said in the first post she will be 18 in about 3 months. Sometime in Feb.

michael_retired

A lot of people do horrible  things (file charges,  etc)  if they sniff out even a tiny chance to make money. 

In this case - an underage girl alone with a male, the sharks are in a feeding frenzy as the surrounding water is bloodred. 

Get the hell out yesterday .....! 

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

My recommendation was to take some time away and come back when she is 18 in about 3 months

Sounds like good advice to me.  Anything other than that is taking needless risks.  The alternative would be to tell her that lying is bad, he does not want to be with a girl who lies about being legal, and then move on to someone who tells the truth and is legal.  

• Like 3