DHL or FEDEX location

comingtocebu

I have a buddy who needs something urgently, he wants to get it shipped to a DHL or FEDEX location and go pick it up himself because he NEEDS it very bad

he said that he thinks the DHL at SM Cebu has closed, or did it move?

does anyone know of any actual 'store' locations for DHL or Fed EX

thanks

colemanlee

You dont say what country he is in...if you ship DHL in the states it arrives here LBC and visa versa

RogerDat

In cebu city area it arrives DHL, be prepared to pay customs import tax. DHL is several places on Mactan for shipping, but to receive, the main one near the airport is where U must pick it up

• Like 1
Nangulo

I just got a debit card last week via DHL.  It came here to the DHL office and they called me to come pick it up.  Cost me 896 pesos customs, duty, notary fees.  Had to laugh on the notary fee.  It was pretty much a blank form with my type-written name and a lawyer's signature stating I presented myself personally to him.

Edited by Nangulo
RogerDat

because they can. It is another money generator. maybe that is why DHL has low shipping rates?

RogerDuMond

You dont say what country he is in...if you ship DHL in the states it arrives here LBC and visa versa

DHL actually had an office at the port near customs. Don't know if it is still there as this was in 2012.

FEDEX has local offices and will deliver on M, W, and F to the province once it arrives in Cebu.

I just got a debit card last week via DHL.  It came here to the DHL office and they called me to come pick it up.  Cost me 896 pesos customs, duty, notary fees.  Had to laugh on the notary fee.  It was pretty much a blank form with my type-written name and a lawyer's signature stating I presented myself personally to him.

You can actually negotiate with customs over fees.

Edited by RogerDuMond
Headshot

That is true. I did.

• Like 1
Nangulo

But why customs fee on something like that?

It was shipped in a flat but the bill of lading said unloaded credit or debit card.  If you've ever received a credit card in the mail, that's what was in the flat - an envelope containing an ATM card glued to a fact sheet.  I've shipped and received flats where the declaration forms stated 'documents' and paid no fees, either way.

DHL actually had an office at the port near customs. Don't know if it is still there as this was in 2012.

FEDEX has local offices and will deliver on M, W, and F to the province once it arrives in Cebu.

LOL.  You have to be present to negotiate.  I didn't know this thing was being shipped.  I didn't ask for it.  The bank put a chip on their ATM cards and updated every customer, but I must have missed that part.  I get a cold call from the local DHL office, paid COD.  I read through the stack of shipping documents after I got home.  It hit Manila 15 NOV and I got it 29 NOV.  It passed though at least 6 different offices in Manila and they all applied fees.  The notary was only 50 pesos, but VAT was tacked onto that, and every other fee, too.  I had to laugh at the one fee based on weight - 1/2 kilo for an ATM card.

Edited by Nangulo

I had lost a Visa Debit card (fell behind a sofa and didn't find it until later) in 2007. Rang up my credit union. They had one in my hand in 72 hours, at the very reasonable cost of $75 USD. :D I was so pissed. But, nothing I could do. They sent it FedEx. No other fees were charged. 

As with virtually everything here. :cool: