Couple loses 400k valuables to burglers.

Irenicus

Careful all these experts from downstairs will tell you that taking out insurance in the Philippines is for the gullible :db:

Now THAT is pretty frikken funny.

Post of the day!

• Like 1
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• garg

• Enuff

• Hy H

• colemanlee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I  have renter's insurance from Malayan Insurance that covers breakins, thefts, etc. A few thousand pesos a year is all it costs. I had to get them to add a rider for breakins, vandalism and theft as

So how did they move the stuff...truck...ten pedi cabs...Santa's sleigh?   Changing the door knob?  Hows that work...somebody comes in your house and changes the door knob and you dont notice?    

Hey, Its the Philippines, Who knows what the Real story is

Posted Images

Careful all these experts from downstairs will tell you that taking out insurance in the Philippines is for the gullible :db:

I see the same thing in all these SE Asia countries. The self-professed experts, who may have lived there 10 years or more, all think they know exactly how everything works. The problem is that what they know, which may have been accurate 10 years ago, is now generally out of date and possibly incorrect. Things change, and you need to keep up to date.  

• Like 1

I  have renter's insurance from Malayan Insurance that covers breakins, thefts, etc. A few thousand pesos a year is all it costs. I had to get them to add a rider for breakins, vandalism and theft as their initial offer did not cover that....

If you don't mind me asking where do you live and how much is the policy?

I assume its also based on value of residence and amount of insurance you carry?

If you don't mind me asking where do you live and how much is the policy?

I assume its also based on value of residence and amount of insurance you carry?

I'm currently in the Angeles City area. It's a homeowner's policy but can also be used for renters. Covered value about 500K pesos and the cost was under 3000p/yr. I did it all via email, so didn't have to deal with the local agent. 

http://www.malayanonline.com/products/fire/homeprotectplus

• Like 1

If the guy was renting and has not paid rent.......maybe, just maybe the landlord took the stuff and changed the lock.

• Like 3
contraman

If the guy was renting and has not paid rent.......maybe, just maybe the landlord took the stuff and changed the lock.

Hey, Its the Philippines, Who knows what the Real story is :idontknow:

• Like 5
jtmwatchbiz

that's cute and i can see you have a couple followers to your sarcastic spasm, but this thread is about a report of a supposed break in up the street from us that our local friends in law enforcement scoff at and believe to be spurious. 

• Like 5
Soarking

If they break into my house they will be sadly disappointed.

So much so they would probably leave things behind feeling sorry for me.

• Like 4

I'm currently in the Angeles City area. It's a homeowner's policy but can also be used for renters. Covered value about 500K pesos and the cost was under 3000p/yr. I did it all via email, so didn't have to deal with the local agent. 

http://www.malayanonline.com/products/fire/homeprotectplus

Thank you very much

Just curious, have you or anyone else ever filed a claim?

• Like 1

Thank you very much

Just curious, have you or anyone else ever filed a claim?

I haven't but I also have my motorcycle insured with them. They have the best reputation on motorcyclephilippines.com. No complaints on bad claim service there. I hope the home owners would be the same.

• Like 3

I haven't but I also have my motorcycle insured with them. They have the best reputation on motorcyclephilippines.com. No complaints on bad claim service there. I hope the home owners would be the same.

I just did an online quote, will post the results

much appreciated

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I just did an online quote, will post the results

much appreciated

I did the online quote with Malayan Insurance, here is my quote:

Untitled1234.png

• Like 2
Goetz1965

When I read 400.000php I wonder 

This only happens if you buy expensive. Their 40" screen is 39.000 - my 50" is only 25.000 
My complete household (furnitures, appliances, electronics) is not more than 250.000php - and I dont need any more expensive !

smokey

When I read 400.000php I wonder 

This only happens if you buy expensive. Their 40" screen is 39.000 - my 50" is only 25.000 

My complete household (furnitures, appliances, electronics) is not more than 250.000php - and I dont need any more expensive !

your the same guy that said if I buy a car it will be a Yugo a car is a car  why buy a BMW when you can buy a Yugo

• Like 1
Davaoeno

I did the online quote with Malayan Insurance, here is my quote:

attachicon.gifUntitled1234.png

The quote is based on all doors and windows being covered with bars or grills . 

• Like 3