Couple loses 400k valuables to burglers.

mistaeric

A SWEDISH national and his Filipina wife lost at least P400,000 in valuables to burglars who managed to gain access to their rented home in Villalon Subdivision, Barangay Capitol Site, Cebu City.

Swedish tourist Vesa Nyman, 56, sought the help of the Theft and Robbery Section (TRS) last Thursday noon to investigate the incident. Nyman said he suspected that the burglary took place after they left the house last Tuesday afternoon.

The missing items included a 40-inch flat-screen television (P39,000), imported wines and frozen goods (P75,000), shoes and bags (P20,000), and household items like carpets, kitchen utensils, plates, cutleries, umbrellas, electrical wires, beauty kits, house decorations, books and book shelves.

The burglars also took a laptop (P19,700), sofa set, waffle maker, coffee brewer and electric toothbrushes.

An investigation conducted by the TRS showed that the house’s main doorknob has been changed.

“Somebody saw the suspect changing the knob on Tuesday, but we are still confirming the burglars’ identities,” said Senior Insp. Rolito Supatan, TRS chief.

Supatan said his office will try to check if there are security cameras nearby that may help them in solving the crime.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2015/11/28/couple-loses-p400t-valuables-burglars-444144

Where were the nosy neighbors?

Edited by Headshot
Fixed quote
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• garg

• Enuff

• colemanlee

• Hy H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I  have renter's insurance from Malayan Insurance that covers breakins, thefts, etc. A few thousand pesos a year is all it costs. I had to get them to add a rider for breakins, vandalism and theft as

So how did they move the stuff...truck...ten pedi cabs...Santa's sleigh?   Changing the door knob?  Hows that work...somebody comes in your house and changes the door knob and you dont notice?    

Hey, Its the Philippines, Who knows what the Real story is

Posted Images

jtmwatchbiz

Vesa Nyman

the police are much smarter than him.  his story holds about as much water as a sieve. 

• Like 2
BossHog

that's just cold.

they coulda at least left the waffle maker.

• Like 5
colemanlee

So how did they move the stuff...truck...ten pedi cabs...Santa's sleigh?   Changing the door knob?  Hows that work...somebody comes in your house and changes the door knob and you dont notice?  

post-16622-0-69604700-1448852287_thumb.gif

The meter is on high alert  

• Like 6
Vulle Vuojas

Villalon Subdivision,
First time to hear about this place even though I lived 800 meters or so from there for 1,5 years....
colemanlee

First time to hear about this place even though I lived 800 meters or so from there for 1,5 years....

You dont get out much?..... :ROFLMAO:

• Like 4
Vulle Vuojas

animals-mouse-rat-mouse_trap-cheese-body

How's your investigation going?

You dont get out much?..... :ROFLMAO:

Well, I did...  this is a few years back.....   I lived in Beverly Hills and sometimes (rarely) drove that way to Capitol site.

• Like 1

Damn, he was more than robbed. They didn't just take the 40-inch flat-screen television, or laptop, they took items like carpets, kitchen utensils, plates, cutleries, umbrellas,sofa set, waffle maker, coffee brewer and electric toothbrushes. They cleaned his ass out, hope it was not his wifes family :o

• Like 3
michael_retired

I had a maid leave the doors unlocked in the evening  one time so presumably her relatives could enter at night .

She's had some issues before so she  was fired the next day. 

michael_retired

attachicon.gifbovine-excrement-meter-animation.gif

The meter is on high alert  

Unless details are omitted here,  how can you not notice someone changing your doorknob? Sure it's a rental and maybe the renter requested  this otherwise  it makes no sense. 

colemanlee

Wifey read the OP's post, first thing she said..."its family that did it"

• Like 3
mikewright

Sure hope this tourist has travel insurance.  Most policies would cover 400,000 pesos personal items. Doesn't sound like a tourist, though.

I  have renter's insurance from Malayan Insurance that covers breakins, thefts, etc. A few thousand pesos a year is all it costs. I had to get them to add a rider for breakins, vandalism and theft as their initial offer did not cover that....

• Like 7

I  have renter's insurance from Malayan Insurance that covers breakins, thefts, etc. A few thousand pesos a year is all it costs. I had to get them to add a rider for breakins, vandalism and theft as their initial offer did not cover that....

Careful all these experts from downstairs will tell you that taking out insurance in the Philippines is for the gullible :db:

• Like 3