Sign in to follow this  
miles-high

Korean Air...

miles-high

United cancelled our flight due to some engine-related problem… They gave us a choice of waiting 14 hours to take the next United flight (but no hotel or meal vouchers) or take a Korean Air flight in a few hours…

We have never taken KE before…

Their B-777 is much nicer than United’s (business)…

Better cabin layout, much nicer seats….

Inflight movies, United offers better selections…

Food? It’s still airline food… Delta/KLM, JAL or ANA slightly better…

Wine... KLM or JAL more selections...

FA’s? Delta/KLM, JAL or ANA friendlier…

They did not serve peanuts… :)

woodchopper

777's and dreamliners are nice big wide bodied planes,,room to move etc,,which is what the airlines recommend for the obvious health dangers.

the dreamliner has the added advantage of "self tinting" windows which are a boon going into morning or evening sun.

goggleye

i have flown detroit to manila a couple times on Korean air  in the cheap seats  - I thought they did very well  

they gave me all the free korean beer i wanted   hehe

• Like 2

garg

777's and dreamliners are nice big wide bodied planes,,room to move etc,,which is what the airlines recommend for the obvious health dangers.

I took my first dreamliner flight a couple of weeks ago. Was in the cattle section. ANA airlines. It was about a 4 hour flight. The seats were the most uncomfortable seats I can remember. I will avoid this plane at all costs in the future. I don't believe it was just the ANA seats because someone else here complained about the seats too.

Enuff

I have flown Korean, Asiana, ANA, Cathay, United & Delta.

United & Delta can't hold a candle to the seating, food or customer service that the Asian airlines offer.

1. Alcohol is free on Asian airlines & $7 shot on United & Delta.

2. Food is much better on the Asian airlines too, in my opinion.

3. United & Delta stewardesses hang out in the back of the plane, afraid to work I guess. Asian stewardesses constantly walk around looking to serve.

4. Asian stewardesses are 10 times better looking then their Americanized counterparts (mostly old women & gay men). 

5. Asian airlines have a better in flight purchase selection and prices. 

As far as movies, I really don't mind. I don't see movies at home so anything they show is new to me.

• Like 6

mactanfamily

Korean Airlines

March 2016

Roundtrip SFO to CEB with a quick layover in Seoul.

$730 USD with taxes

• Like 5

throttleplate

United cancelled our flight due to some engine-related problem… They gave us a choice of waiting 14 hours to take the next United flight (but no hotel or meal vouchers) or take a Korean Air flight in a few hours…

from what i am told anything after a 6 hour delay due to mechanical failure they have to give you a hotel ?

from what i am told anything after a 6 hour delay due to mechanical failure they have to give you a hotel ?

liquido

I have flown Korean, Asiana, ANA, Cathay, United & Delta.

United & Delta can't hold a candle to the seating, food or customer service that the Asian airlines offer.

1. Alcohol is free on Asian airlines & $7 shot on United & Delta.

2. Food is much better on the Asian airlines too, in my opinion.

3. United & Delta stewardesses hang out in the back of the plane, afraid to work I guess. Asian stewardesses constantly walk around looking to serve.

4. Asian stewardesses are 10 times better looking then their Americanized counterparts (mostly old women & gay men). 

5. Asian airlines have a better in flight purchase selection and prices. 

As far as movies, I really don't mind. I don't see movies at home so anything they show is new to me.

So true..............

goggleye

last time I flew to the Phils was United on a 747 - most passengers were American   - all the movies were in japanese with chinese subtitles- what's that all about??

• Like 1

Vulle Vuojas

You mention KLM many times.... but it's a European carrier with their base in Holland (Schipol)....  are you saying they fly USA to Asia?

miles-high

are you saying they fly USA to Asia?

They fly from Manila and other Asian cities to most EU destinations... Or Manila to/from Taipei if you really want to fly on KLM... You can fly to the US (or to a few Caribbean destinations) via AMS on KLM... In fact, it is medically proven that you will not get "jetlag" if you keep flying westbound... We sometimes do that but it gets rather expensive (Oneworld or Skyteam offers round-the-world fare)...

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 1

miles-high

I would say not all Asians are made equal... ;) With my limited exposure to LLC's, I would still think the best looking female FA's seem to be on Cebu Pacific (but I don't use that airline). Other airlines I have used, I would say PAL the best (except a few older FA's ;)), followed by Thai, Cathay, then ANA and JAL. I didn't find Korean FA's any attractive but then I have only flown them once haha :D

Although I fly 2, 3 times a month every month, I don't chose airlines by their FA's... Qantas being my best choice at the moment because of their safety record... :)

Edited by miles-high

Enuff

I would say not all Asians are made equal... ;) With my limited exposure to LLC's, I would still think the best looking female FA's seem to be on Cebu Pacific (but I don't use that airline). Other airlines I have used, I would say PAL the best (except a few older FA's ;)), followed by Thai, Cathay, then ANA and JAL. I didn't find Korean FA's any attractive but then I have only flown them once haha :D

Although I fly 2, 3 times a month every month, I don't chose airlines by their FA's... Qantas being my best choice at the moment because of their safety record... :)

agreed, you definitely fly more often but I'm sure the business class sections probably tend to get the more experience and attentive Asian flight attendants and not all will be young and beautiful.

I however fly based on price, time and location (aka coach) and the team of young princesses that Korean/Asiana stocks seems to be the perfect size, weight, height and sexiness.

I do agree about Cebu Pacific, they seem to have the youngest, cutest and most outgoing staff of any.

Tradewindze

So true..............

Would you include PAL in your list of Asian Airlines? I've had only one international flight on PAL, NRT to CEB, and it seemed comparable to their domestic service--decent, but very basic.

liquido

I would not include PAL...I normally fly business class..First of all there food was not that good and the seating was very old..The other asian airlines offer kind of a staggered style of seating with modern compartments..Also the staff in business was very senior(im no spring chicken either)..I have about 50,000 points with then so i am slowly burning them up on some domestic flights...No more long haul for me with PAL

• Like 1