Fusion Lumpia

broden

• Admin (Retired)
broden

so the wife is gonna make some lumpia later on .. we already have some normal lumpia she made for Thanksgiving

but she likes to try new things

gonna make some filled with nothing but shredded/pulled pork .. then serve it with some BBQ sauce on the side

i'm glad the local asian stores sell ultra thin lumpia wrappers cause it makes them so good and though my wife knows how and likes to make her own wrappers sometimes.. these are very good and save her lots of time and energy

• Like 3
rainymike

gonna make some filled with nothing but shredded/pulled pork .. then serve it with some BBQ sauce on the side

For me, the sauce is everything. Alternatives to bbq sauce that I really like are: sweet chili sauce (orange colored) or soy sauce/vinegar/garlic/sugar sauce.

If eaten fresh like spring rolls, I like a sweet peanut or ginger sauce.

When fried with banana, they're also pretty nice with a little powdered sugar.

• Like 1
cvgtpc1

so the wife is gonna make some lumpia later on .. we already have some normal lumpia she made for Thanksgiving

i'm glad the local asian stores sell ultra thin lumpia wrappers cause it makes them so good and though my wife knows how and likes to make her own wrappers sometimes.. these are very good and save her lots of time and energy

Sounds very interesting, I'm a shanghai lumpia addict. Like it best with some Frank's.
  • Like 1
SumDumJoe

I have my wife make lumpia with ground breakfast sausage, eggs and feta cheese. It makes a nice breakfast lumpia. 

We tried cheddar cheese, but for some reason when it cooks, it keeps splitting the wrappers. The feta does not and for me tastes really good. 

We will have to try the pulled pork for sure. That sounds awesome. Thanks for the great idea. 

• Like 1
cvgtpc1

Cheese lumpia is pretty good, made with gouda but you need a thicker wrapper. Dipped in plain ol soy sauce.

• Like 1
NOSOCALPINOY
I miss the classic sariwang lumpia my dearly parted mother used to make from scratch. 

She makes the lumpia wrapper by hand like a thin pancake still warm and soft. The ingredients are simple: chopped pork and or shrimp, potatoes, carrots, green onions, bean sprouts sauteed all together and put on a single bed of romain lettuce leaf wrapped in a freshly made warm and soft lumpia wrapper. The sauce is made from lots of sauteed garlic with corn starch in a sauce pan.     

post-6728-0-83796900-1448668215_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
NOSOCALPINOY

Here's a variety of assorted Thai shrimp/seafood Spring Rolls that are great too like the Flipino Lumpia with assorted wrappers, but with a sweet chili dipping sauce.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+Thai+spring+rolls&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi2_oPGrLLJAhWFno4KHVXbAdEQsAQIHA&biw=1120&bih=635

• Like 1
Headshot

Have Angel try this...

Kuya J's restaurants have a fresh lumpia that is great. They use crepe batter infused with malunggay leaves for the crepes to make the wrappers. Then they fill it with real shredded crab meat and bamboo shoots. Then they use what tastes like a maple syrup/peanut sauce for dipping.

• Like 1

I cant buy filo or puff pastry so I triple wrapped sausages in lumpia wrappers. Came out quite well and a good excuse to use the Colemans mustard I bought. I rarely put meat in lumpia. Mostly fresh veg. A friend who's mother was chinese just folds food in a wrapper to fry like wonton.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
bernadette

this is how i do my lumpiang shanghai at home...

Mix together

1/2 kilo ground pork

1/4cup onions(finely chopped)

1/2tsp, garlic powder

1/3cup green onions(chopped finely)

1egg

1tsp.sugar

1/4cup corn starch

3/4ccarrots(finely chopped)

2tsp.garlic(minced)

1tsp vitsin

1/2 tsp. black pepper

1/4c. flour

1/4tsp. ngo hiong powder

Wrap the mixture into lumpia wrappers and seal the edges with flour and water mixture