Mango float recipe for 100

RogerDat

RogerDat

Greetings! I need to make 19L or enough to serve 100 people.

it is composed of gram crackers, mangoes, cream, and sweetened condensed milk.

How much of each do I need.

SkyMan

A lot.   j/k

I'll ask the wife when she gets home.  I think what she makes is for about a liter.  She uses a 1.5L ice cream container and fills it about 2/3.  I think your biggest hurdle might be finding ref room for all of it?  

Maybe a better dessert for a large number would be the typical fruit salad?

Edited by SkyMan
RogerDat

I just made 19L of fruit salad. The fruit was not sweet, and hard like old stock before canning.

I use 6 condensada, 100% milk

12 Nestles cream

5 , 3.7L cans of FC

2 750 gram cans pineapple,

last 2 times, it was a bust.

JamesMusslewhite

Well I had previously started a post that showed how to actually make such a dish, it had photos showing each step and instructions of each step of the process. 

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/64026-excellent-easy-to-make-pan-dessert-no-cooking-required/?hl=banana

But when I did a search to link the thread I noticed none of the photos provided on the thread linked above no longer appear, which leaves that thread pretty much worthless to members of the forum. This may be due to over-tweaking by Admins, trying to save server space or some issue encountered while updating to newer software. Whatever the cause I really have no desire spending the time necessary to completely redo the thread, so I will simply post the source I used for that forum thread which is a photo album I had originally posted on Facebook. Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/james.musslewhite/media_set?set=a.10200932388211807.1073741833.1228755709&type=3

Simply click the fist thumbnail image on the menu screen which will open when you click the link above. This will then open the photo in a photo slide format with the descriptions and instruction appearing to the right of each photo. These photos will take you through each step of making the desert you are wishing to make. Simply click the left or right arrow appearing beside each photo to advance or go backwards through the photo slide presentation. The same dish can me done with mangoes, strawberries, kiwi fruit, etc.being substituted instead of bananas. You can simply determine just how many trays will be needed. I suggest you make plenty of extra trays as seconds and thirds will most likely be forthcoming.

I hope this helps..

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 3
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

i don't know

but here we make it whenever the mangoes we like go on sale for 3 for a dollar.. we'll buy 10 or 20 dollars worth

i can tell you thins we put way more mangoes than is called for in any recipe i've ever seen like 3 or 4 times more at least .. we like it better that way

usually we end up making it that way for some scouting event or some pot luck.... always a hit

SkyMan

Mangoes are pretty expensive here now.  I've seen p120/Kg.  Crazy.

I'll ask the wife when she gets home.
She says she uses this one:

we take the leftover fruit salad and mango float ............. combine and freeze, darn good ice creamy like dessert.

I also always take some gulaman and turn into ice candy ............. OMG, I love it.

• Like 1

my asawa insists on "grahams biscuits"(honey flavored) for mango floats when she can get them but in oz arnotts "malto milk" fill the bill. more details when she wakes up. her mango float and spring rolls are legendary in our district.

Edited by sperman
RogerDat

Thanks All, my nice says 1 condensada, 2 creams, 3 gram crackers, topped with mangos = 1L.