Sign in to follow this  
JamesMusslewhite

Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens: Worldwide Travel Alert

JamesMusslewhite

dos_image.jpg

U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines

Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens:  Worldwide Travel Alert

November 24, 2015

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO U.S. CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES.  PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD.  THANK YOU.

The State Department alerts U.S. citizens to possible risks of travel due to increased terrorist threats.  Current information suggests that ISIL (aka Da’esh), al-Qa’ida, Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups continue to plan terrorist attacks in multiple regions.  These attacks may employ a wide variety of tactics, using conventional and non-conventional weapons and targeting both official and private interests.  This Travel Alert expires on February 24, 2016.

Authorities believe the likelihood of terror attacks will continue as members of ISIL/Da’esh return from Syria and Iraq.  Additionally, there is a continuing threat from unaffiliated persons planning attacks inspired by major terrorist organizations but conducted on an individual basis.  Extremists have targeted large sporting events, theaters, open markets, and aviation services.  In the past year, there have been multiple attacks in France, Nigeria, Denmark, Turkey, and Mali.  ISIL/Da’esh has claimed responsibility for the bombing of a Russian airliner in Egypt.

U.S. citizens should exercise vigilance when in public places or using transportation.  Be aware of immediate surroundings and avoid large crowds or crowded places.  Exercise particular caution during the holiday season and at holiday festivals or events.  U.S. citizens should monitor media and local information sources and factor updated information into personal travel plans and activities.  Persons with specific safety concerns should contact local law enforcement authorities who are responsible for the safety and security of all visitors to their host country.  U.S. citizens should:

• Follow the instructions of local authorities.  Monitor media and local information sources and factor updated information into personal travel plans and activities.
  • Be prepared for additional security screening and unexpected disruptions.
  • Stay in touch with your family members and ensure they know how to reach you in the event of an emergency.
  • Register in our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).

Foreign governments have taken action to guard against terrorist attacks, and some have made official declarations regarding heightened threat conditions.  Authorities continue to conduct raids and disrupt terror plots.  We continue to work closely with our allies on the threat from international terrorism.  Information is routinely shared between the United States and our key partners in order to disrupt terrorist plotting, identify and take action against potential operatives, and strengthen our defenses against potential threats.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information. 

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.  

Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000. 

Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). 

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Paul

<yawn>

Same shite, different day. 

• Like 3

colemanlee

So the idea is we should all stay locked in the house...be safe....then the State Department can do what they do best......NOTHING  

contraman

Deleted

Not worth the aggravation  :idontknow:

Edited by contraman

Kreole

If the US would stop fuking around and terrorizing other countries, we would not have so many travel alerts. 

JamesMusslewhite

You can never have too many travel advisories. :D

I collect them like baseball cards. :D

I post them in the hopes that they help stop the more oblivious loud-mouthed/boisterous delusional type doorknobs living in a state of constant reinvention from traveling down here into my neck of the woods. They just bore you with their never ending tales of utter bullshit, gleefully dump all their personal problems on your doorstep, stir-up stupid/pointless crap totally pissing-off the locals which then poorly reflects on expats already living here who live peaceful family lives here. Then when the epiphany hits that they have over-stayed their welcome they scurry away with their tails tucked tightly between their legs, seeking new areas to infest.  behind..

In the over 7 years I have lived in the area of Mindanao I have seen a constant stream of social-misfits, ex-CIA/Special Forces wannabes and trailer-park Warren Buffets come through here like one big sad revolving door of the inept. There have been some great guys as well but most have been best never having known and few last for very long. I now tend to just avoid any newly arrived expats which I find has actually simplified our lives.

So I see posting these travel warnings as more of a community service helping to protect the more stupid and inept from themselves. :biggrin_01: .

• Like 4

Paul

So I see posting these travel warnings as more of a community service helping to protect the more stupid and inept from themselves.

Good luck with that. :D

• Like 2