Shipping on PI Buses

cvgtpc1

Learned that family shipped a window AC unit from Manila to Samar on a bus line for 500P.

Was pretty easy and efficient.

Anybody do or hear of this?

• Like 1

I've ordered a few things from a store such as battery and no stock but they just order from

Cebu and it comes in few hours on bus. My brother has used bus to send several things on bus when he can't carry on his bike. Never no problem.

A_Simple_Man

Learned that family shipped a window AC unit from Manila to Samar on a bus line for 500P. Was pretty easy and efficient. Anybody do or hear of this?

Only with the Silver Star bus driver.  I know of people who asked the bus driver to pick something up for them in Manila and drop it off on the way back.  I do not know if it 'official' of just a 'favor for a friend with pesos'.  Of course you have to be waiting on his route when he comes by.

shadow

We have shipped many items to/from Cebu and other locations on Ceres and never had a problem. You need to talk to the conductor or the people running the dispatch desk nearby, not the bus driver.

• Like 1

Learned that family shipped a window AC unit from Manila to Samar on a bus line for 500P.

Was pretty easy and efficient.

Anybody do or hear of this?

I've shipped myself on that busline and feel a little sorry for the AC.

A_Simple_Man

shipped a window AC unit from Manila to Samar on a bus line

We have shipped many items to/from Cebu and other locations on Ceres and never had a problem. You need to talk to the conductor or the people running the dispatch desk nearby, not the bus driver.

Does Ceres run from Manila to Samar? I have seen Eagle Transport and Silver Star on that route but I don't  recall seeing Ceres.

shadow

Does Ceres run from Manila to Samar? I have seen Eagle Transport and Silver Star on that route but I don't  recall seeing Ceres.

Vallacar transit (Ceres, Bachelor express, Rural transit) serves predominantly Visayas and Mindanao. The founder just died a month or two ago in Bacolod. He started with one jeepney in 1968, and built it up to be the largest fleet of buses in the Philippines. A true Philippine success story.

• Like 3

This can be done either formally or informally. The formal way is to do it via the desk at the South bus station as described in reply #4. The informal way is to flag down a bus in like Asturias, give them an item and 30 pesos and say someone will pick it up in Toledo. I had a GF whose papa was a bus driver ( not Ceres), and this was a perk of the job for him. Done the informal as opposed to the formal way, him and the conductor get all the revenue and the management get nothing.

• Like 2
RogerDuMond

This can be done either formally or informally. The formal way is to do it via the desk at the South bus station as described in reply #4. The informal way is to flag down a bus in like Asturias, give them an item and 30 pesos and say someone will pick it up in Toledo. I had a GF whose papa was a bus driver ( not Ceres), and this was a perk of the job for him. Done the informal as opposed to the formal way, him and the conductor get all the revenue and the management get nothing.

From Cebu to Balamban, have used Vhire to have things brought out here. When it gets to Balamban, the driver will throw it on a tricycle and have them bring it to the house.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 1
RogerDat

How about Manila to Mactan, any options?

I need paint and glue from hobby store, but have not found a shipper for it. Cannot fly it back.

A_Simple_Man

How about Manila to Mactan, any options?

I need paint and glue from hobby store, but have not found a shipper for it. Cannot fly it back.

Why not try 2Go?

Just for fun I went to their site here http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/customersupport/tools/quote_qbox_rates.asp

Seems like you could get it shipped for under 500 pesos.

Up until last year we shipped a minimum of 20 large boxes from Manila to Catarman (Samar) every month using the bus. In 10 years we never had a problem. I would take the boxes to the depot and the driver would text our customer when they were nearly in Catarman to meet the bus.

We payed 100 per box until last year when the price suddenly jumped to 500 pesos. Seems the bus company owners have clamped down on the little bit of extra money the driver and conductors used to make for themselves.

Ceres doesn't run that route. They only go south to Batangas from Manila.

cvgtpc1

Up until last year we shipped a minimum of 20 large boxes from Manila to Catarman (Samar) every month using the bus. In 10 years we never had a problem. I would take the boxes to the depot and the driver would text our customer when they were nearly in Catarman to meet the bus.

We payed 100 per box until last year when the price suddenly jumped to 500 pesos. Seems the bus company owners have clamped down on the little bit of extra money the driver and conductors used to make for themselves.

Maybe the bus line finally discovered that income stream and took it over.

So with the 500% increase are you still going that route?