Questions for those living alone...

contraman

there are no papers like that anywhere

Now if only you were in Thailand, where any papers are available for a fee :idontknow:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosick

• Paul

• Enuff

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Orey's update from 3 hours ago:     I have Good News; Orey came around today, All The Way.   Elena stopped by to see him, eyes open, focusing, he knew Elena. He was reaching for the nurse's mask.

I found Orey's life-long friend here that's also his attorney. He is taking charge of this. He will contact Chong Hua Hospital and see about getting Orey a medical airlift back here.   Which kuripot

I don't know Orey, but he looks better than the earlier pics. Being in the hospital sux bad. I've been through two operations and recovery since November. Most recent was in January to remove cancer.

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

Monday Nov. 30th Update:

From Orey's regular Doctor, not the neurosurgeon.

We asked him if there was an urgent need for Orey to be operated. His reply was that if it was critical, they would have operated on Orey in the 1st 24 hours when he was admitted to the hospital.

The 1st CT Scan was mainly to diagnose. They found a blood clot in his brain. They started meds to reduce or eliminate this blood clot.

The 2nd CT Scan was to see if the blood clot was reduced or eliminated. It's still there. They found the swelling of his brain then. So they are giving more meds for the blood clot, his fever and swelling.

Previously, they had plans to do surgery on him when the second CT scan was done but then Orey's condition improved, he started responding and seemed to be awake. For now, we will wait for the third CT scan to find out if all medications applied are working and if a surgery is needed.

When he was brought to the hospital his BP was 160/70 @ 1:40 am Thursday Cebu time. On Friday, he had fever and was having seizures several times a day. By Saturday, the seizures lessened and fever is gone. He is not in a coma. He is barely awake, sleeping most of the time. If he is talked to, he responds by moving his left fingers or toes.

His vital signs now are: BP 120/80

Heart Rate is 99 bpm

According to the doctor we talked to, their normal procedure is to observe the patient for 14 days before doing any surgery. They will keep Orey in the ICU for up to 14 more days trying to eliminate the blood clot and to stop the hemorrhaging.

Orey definitely had a stroke on his right side as he no longer moves any of it. His left side still moves and responds.

Nov 30th (2).jpg

Nov 30th (1).jpg

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

I found Orey's life-long friend here that's also his attorney. He is taking charge of this. He will contact Chong Hua Hospital and see about getting Orey a medical airlift back here.

Which kuripot Orey may not like, but he also has insurance here. And he can always go back to Cebu!!!

Edited by Aerosick
  • Like 7
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

The hospital contacted us via our friend that visits Orey every day. They are scheduling Orey for an operation on Wednesday there. They need to stop the bleeding and swelling of his brain.

An Irish friend of Orey's has an appointment with the US Consulate in Cebu City for today, Tuesday there, to talk about Orey.

I will update when I get more info.

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

Let me clear this up a little. Orey's friend is not his Attorney but has Orey's Special Power of Attorney For Health Care. Orey got this all completed when he came back in 2012.

On this document Orey checked (√) END OF LIFE DECISIONS = Choice not to prolong life.

This document has been sent to our Contacts there and they will take this to the Doc in Chong Hua Hospital.

His friend plans of flying there but I don't have his schedule yet.

But we are feeling a lot better about all of this. I have contacted many of his friends to get to this stage. The last one was his Attorney that has all of his documents.

Edited by Aerosick
  • Like 3
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

Orey's Irish friend went to the US Embassy Consulate and had a good talk with them he said. Chong Hua Hospital had already contacted them about Orey. He showed them Orey's "Advance Health Care Directive" (AHCD) and they asked for the name & phone number of Orey's Attorney here in California, CA, USA. We sent this info back to him.

He also gave Chong Hua Hospital a copy of Orey's "AHCd" and they cancelled Orey's brain surgery.

Orey's "AHCD" Power of Attorney For Health Care will fly there Dec.10th but I will talk with him again today. He is not familiar with the Philippines I think. His ticket is to fly to Manila, so I bet he thinks that Cebu is part of Manila. I will tell him how inconvenient this will be for him to change Terminals and to buy a round-trip ticket to Cebu. I hope he listens and changes his tickets!!!

Here is part of Orey's "AHCD" =

Orey 002.JPG

Orey 001.JPG

I wonder what he would say right about now, regarding that? 

I mean, is he being kept alive on a machine? I would think that is what Orey meant. Not that, if a brain surgery could fix his issue, not to perform that. 

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

If anyone knows of anything else I need to do or anything else I should not be doing for Orey, please jump in here and let me know.

I can take it,,, :twocents:

• Like 2

Billy, I think you have gone above and beyond, as I feel you would for any friend.

• Like 4
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

I wonder what he would say right about now, regarding that? 

I mean, is he being kept alive on a machine? I would think that is what Orey meant. Not that, if a brain surgery could fix his issue, not to perform that. 

As far as I know, he isn't on any kind of life support now. The surgery was said to be exploratory to try and find out what was bleeding and causing the swelling.

But my info is sometimes 3rd hand...

For future reference: If a brain surgery would prolong my life, that is, if I would most likely respond positively and be able to function normally again after the operation, by all means, SOMEONE have them do it! 

If they can find a brain, that is.

• Like 4
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

Hopefully his designated Health Care Rep will arrive there in time to take all this over!!!

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

For future reference: If a brain surgery would prolong my life, that is, if I would most likely respond positively and be able to function normally again after the operation, by all means, SOMEONE have them do it! 

If they can find a brain, that is.

The "normal function" includes what the stroke has done to him (or me if that happened). It may be that he is responding to them now and they made the decision not to operate right now on his respnding. I wish this is the case anyway!!!

• Like 1