Sign in to follow this  
Aerosick

Questions for those living alone...

Aerosick

I'm not sure how to locate his nieces, but here is everything I can find on him:

Thanks for those!

Enuff

Thanks for those!

another thing that can be done, although its a PITA is either a Facebook campaign with a picture, hopefully they would respond or post some ads on Craigslist.

• Like 1

Aerosick

another thing that can be done, although its a PITA is either a Facebook campaign with a picture, hopefully they would respond or post some ads on Craigslist.

https://www.facebook.com/joe.kanoy.9

That's Orey's active Facebook Link. I posted a message there and no one has replied yet.

Still shakin' the bushes here. Boss...

spydoo

... emergency situations of U.S. citizens in the Philippines

... three to five (3-5) business days.

If an Aussie had to wait upto five days for a response from the Australian Government to an emergency they'd be phoning Malcom (the P.M.) and giving him an earfull.

• Like 2

contraman
emergency situations of U.S. citizens in the Philippines, you will receive a reply within three to five (3-5) business days.

If it is over one of the MANY Public Holidays and a weekend.

It could be over a week for a reply, then perhaps another week for any action.

One could easily be dead in that Time Frame   :idontknow:

Edited by contraman
  • Like 2

shadow

If it is over one of the MANY Public Holidays and a weekend.

It could be over a week for a reply, then perhaps another week for any action.

One could easily be dead in that Time Frame   :idontknow:

Brad Fugate comes to mind as a case in point!

• Like 2

Aerosick

Today Orey had a seizure and is not responding like before. No eyes open or hands & feet movement. He has started swelling.

Still no luck in finding any of his relatives here in the USA.

Edited by Aerosick

Enuff

sorry to hear about your friend

I hope he isn't in any pain

• Like 1

diverdon

We've been talking with Chong Hua Hospital reps and they say that right now then won't do surgery for the blood clot without a relative signing the papers for him. No friends can sign, only a relative.

Orey had told me years ago that there are only his 2 nieces and him left in his family. These nieces disowned him long ago. He said he never told him that they are the ones in his will. He gave me no names or other information.

My Question: Can someone from the US Embassy sign for him?

I am at a loss where to go from here. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

If you are as good a friend as these posts make you seem I would consult an attorney. Perhaps a Judge could appoint you a tempory health care proxy. If you get that I would not do brain surgery without a second opnion. 

Or you could hire the attorney to act on behalf of your friend. The attorney may have investigative tools or methods that could provide something to help.

The Embassy, ( I can not picture them doing more than notifying whoever he listed as emergency contact) but that is the first thing that should be done.

• Like 2

Kreole

I appreciate your posting, because as a person living alone with very few contacts here, I could very easily end up in a similar situation; excepting that I live on Siquijor.  Your friend suffered a stroke, and I hope he is recovering.  That could happen to any of us.  I am closing in on 70, an age I never thought I would achieve, nor one that I ever wanted to contemplate.  However, by sheer force of inertia, I should get there in a couple more years.  I have been slowly encouraging myself to start making arrangements (legal and otherwise) for just such a case as death or severe injury.  Your post encourages me to be a lot more proactive in that direction. 

• Like 5

cvgtpc1

Not to be insensitive but if anything is signed to make one the guardian might they also be on the hook for the hospital bills?

It's great to care but I'd have to think twice if it meant covering $1000s in bills. That's simple reality.

Edited by cvgtpc1
  • Like 3

Aerosick

Not to be insensitive but if anything is signed to make one the guardian might they also be on the hook for the hospital bills?

It's great to care but I'd have to think twice if it meant covering $1000s in bills. That's simple reality.

Right now the hospital billing has access to Orey's BPI bank account and his credit card so they are not asking for pesos from anyone. Orey has a large bank account so we are trying to push the hospital to go ahead and do the operation that's needed.

Our biggest worry is that they will let Orey expire at the same time his bank account hits zero. We've heard of this happening before.

ozboy

Hi i just contacted a nurse in OZ who did her training at Perpetual....Here is her reply, i can keep her informed as she comes from quite a good background.........Hope it might help...

..............................................................................................................

Hi sir, I'm good. I'm pretty sure a doctor can sign the consent if there are no relatives and when it is an emergency.

• Like 3

spydoo

There's no mention of any work-around in the Philippine Medical Association CoE . I think there is a solution that would satisfy a sympathetic medical practitioner if you have access to his papers, since someone he has pre-authorised can sign on his behalf.

• Like 1

Aerosick

There's no mention of any work-around in the Philippine Medical Association CoE . I think there is a solution that would satisfy a sympathetic medical practitioner if you have access to his papers, since someone he has pre-authorised can sign on his behalf.

We have opened his safe and there are no papers like that anywhere in there or at his place. We will try again with his Doc on Monday and see if we can get him to go ahead. Right now Orey is pretty much just comatose.

• Like 2