• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosick

• Paul

• Enuff

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Orey's update from 3 hours ago:     I have Good News; Orey came around today, All The Way.   Elena stopped by to see him, eyes open, focusing, he knew Elena. He was reaching for the nurse's mask.

I found Orey's life-long friend here that's also his attorney. He is taking charge of this. He will contact Chong Hua Hospital and see about getting Orey a medical airlift back here.   Which kuripot

I don't know Orey, but he looks better than the earlier pics. Being in the hospital sux bad. I've been through two operations and recovery since November. Most recent was in January to remove cancer.

Posted Images

I only know him from forums and met him in person once at one of our get togethers, he seemed okay to me but seemed to beat to his own drummer. The Philippines or any third world country is not the best place to ever be alone without friends that one can trust, or a great partner. We wish him the best, Billy please keep us updated.

• Like 4
shadow

Geez, I've known Orey since first moving to the RP. Haven't heard from or about him in a long time. Thanks for the update.

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

We've been talking with Chong Hua Hospital reps and they say that right now then won't do surgery for the blood clot without a relative signing the papers for him. No friends can sign, only a relative.

Orey had told me years ago that there are only his 2 nieces and him left in his family. These nieces disowned him long ago. He said he never told him that they are the ones in his will. He gave me no names or other information.

My Question: Can someone from the US Embassy sign for him?

I am at a loss where to go from here. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

We've been talking with Chong Hua Hospital reps and they say that right now then won't do surgery for the blood clot without a relative signing the papers for him. No friends can sign, only a relative.

Orey had told me years ago that there are only his 2 nieces and him left in his family. These nieces disowned him long ago. He said he never told him that they are the ones in his will. He gave me no names or other information.

My Question: Can someone from the US Embassy sign for him?

I am at a loss where to go from here. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

It wouldn't hurt to contact the embassy, they might be able to direct you in the right direction.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

I sent the US Embassy in Manila an Email.

Part of their Auto Reply:

If your inquiry pertains to matters concerning the American Citizens Services, such as U.S. passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, notarials, legal capacity to marry and emergency situations of U.S. citizens in the Philippines, you will receive a reply within three to five (3-5) business days.

Again, thanks all.

Edited by Aerosick

It wouldn't hurt to contact the embassy, they might be able to direct you in the right direction.

Never dealt with the US Embassy much, have ya? LOL

God, man. I can't believe this. I don't know when you met Orey, Billy. But, I have known him for ages. I met him in Cebu, not long after he arrived to stay full time. 

Hey, what was the Australian guy's name that he used to room with? He bought and ran El Gecko for a spell. Maybe he knows something? 

Wayne is his name. Anyone know how to contact him?

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

Never dealt with the US Embassy much, have ya? LOL

God, man. I can't believe this. I don't know when you met Orey, Billy. But, I have known him for ages. I met him in Cebu, not long after he arrived to stay full time. 

Hey, what was the Australian guy's name that he used to room with? He bought and ran El Gecko for a spell. Maybe he knows something? 

Wayne is his name. Anyone know how to contact him?

Eda remembers meeting him in 2001 at an old Mag-Anak party in San Dimas. His trophy bride Divina was here with him at that time. They were getting ready for a cross-country trip to Florida in their camper. They went back that same year and had their official wedding in September. Their wedding here in 2001 was at Las Vegas.

Hope the name Wayne rings someone's bell. I remember Wayne was looking for land to start a fish hatchery in Cebu.

I went through all of our Emails looking for other addresses he sent CC:s to, no such luck.

Edited by Aerosick

I remember Wayne was looking for land to start a fish hatchery in Cebu.

Yep. That was him. He was a fire fighter, perhaps? Or, something rings a bell regarding working at a power plant in Australia, maybe? 

• Like 1
woodchopper

who was that guy doing fish hatchery here a few months back,,wrong fella?

who was that guy doing fish hatchery here a few months back,,wrong fella?

No. This was years ago. The guys involved here and who we are talking about are decade long people, or longer. We have all known each other over / during that time frame.

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

The 2nd MRI shows that the blood clot is not dissolving.

Still scrambling here to bypass the paperwork that needs to be signed by his relative!!!

Edited by Aerosick

Still scrambling here to bypass the paperwork that needs to be signed by his relative!!!

Any luck finding relatives? 

Anything I can do here? 

• Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

Any luck finding relatives? 

Anything I can do here? 

No relatives yet. I tracked down an old girl friend here in CA that he stayed with when he visited here. She went through his safe at his house and found a couple of names of old friends. They were not any help but will search through their stuff and see what they find. Orey kept his 2 nieces hidden from them.

Not much to do from where you are. We will contact a friend lawyer (oxmoron?) we know in Cebu City and see if he can generate paperwork that will bypass the need for a family member signing approval for an operation.

• Like 1