Sign in to follow this  
Aerosick

Questions for those living alone...

sugbu777

When I give my asawa a US POA, she gets it transferred over to a PI POA when she is in the Philippines to cover any SNAFU that could arise in PI.

smokey

me and my wife gave each other POA here in the philippines

• Like 1

Paul

can he talk? if so record him saying he want to leave and take that to hospital admin. date and witness  and if they blow you off take to embassy

No. Read on:

I've had one visit with Orey and the old Orey has left the building as far as I can see.
Edited by Paul

Aerosick

I spent a couple hours with Orey this morning. When I went in he was on oxygen.

Me: "You told me he didn't need oxygen boost. When I was here last time and this time he's on oxygen!

Elena: "Oh no, Sir! He doesn't need oxygen. But his oxygen level went lower than normal due to his shaking."

Me: "And the last time I was here? Why was he on oxygen?"

Elena: "The same reason Sir. When he gets shaky his oxygen level goes low."

Me: "So he needs oxygen at least once per day?"

Elena: "Oh no, Sir! He never needs oxygen. He breathes regular just like you and me Sir."

I tried to talk with Orey. Asking questions, talking about his 1st high school girl friend in the USA and about their times in Mexico. About sleeping in an orange tree orchard on a bed of orange blossoms. Talked about his 2nd girl friend that now lives in Hawaii. About his trophy wife that he took to the USA in 2000. I showed him photos of her, photos of his family when he was young and talked about current events. He was big on those before.

I saw no lights in his eyes, just vacant stares. He would cut his eyes to whom was talking the loudest in Bisaya. I still couldn't get Elena and others to leave me alone with him to cut down the noises! Elena still believes I came here to poison and kill him to get his money!

He would jerk and dart his eyes around when someone would mess with his body parts. His lips would move into a kind of grimace. He seems to have constant pains. The had cut a hole in his mattress earlier and his bed sores healed up.

Every time he would jerk, move his hands or lips, Elena would say "Look Sir! He knows you and is trying to talk to you! See his lips moving???"

His 2 physical therapists came in and moved his arms and legs, bending them but he was almost rigid before they started and this gave him a lot of pain.

Those 2 and Elena and her sister moved him out of the bed onto a plastic chair with a donut cushion to rest his back. This is the "Full Monty" of their therapy program.

I watched them move him from the bed and it was a cluster f*ck! Like watching the Keystone Cops.

Me to Elena: "Is this the 1st time they have moved him from the bed?"

Elena: "Oh no, Sir! We do this every day!!!:

Me: "It looked like your 1st time trying to move him."

Elena: "It's just that he reacts differently every time we move him."

When they set him in a wheelchair to take him out into the halls, his knees touch his chin. The Doc said she will try to order a "Kano" size wheelchair for him.

The Doc said he didn't have a stroke. He had "Intraparenchymal and Epidural Hemorrhage" to the left frontal lobe caused by his fall on the sidewalk. Also "Traumatic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage". He caught "Health Care Associated" Pneumonia while in the hospital plus urinary tract infection.

But I still think he was having to have a stroke because my wife and Elena told me that for over a month he had gotten shaky, irritable (more than the usual Orey), forgetful and couldn't control his hands to hold small items.

I asked what he weighed now and all I got were "deer in the headlight" looks. No one has weighed him even when they admitted him.

His passport expires this month and he went "out of status" with his visa last December a couple of weeks after he was admitted to the hospital.

After all of that, I had to leave him alone with the "circus" But I now firmly believe he has checked out, left the building and is out there somewhere laughing at all of us!

He loved practical jokes!!!

• Like 2

Paul

In twenty-two pages of this thread, and I realize I am slow here. But, I have determined that Elena is an idiot. 

But I still think he was having to have a stroke because my wife and Elena told me that for over a month he had gotten shaky, irritable (more than the usual Orey), forgetful and couldn't control his hands to hold small items.

Billy, I recall his last few messages to me seemed disoriented. 

====================

Oh, she doesn't realize that the hospital is already doing a good job of stealing his money. A real pinball wizard, this gal is. 

• Like 2

Aerosick

Billy, I recall his last few messages to me seemed disoriented.

His messages to me were screwy. Same with his Magic Jack calls to me!!!

Aerosick

Orey's body is looking healthier at every visit. But his lights are still out and there's no one home any more.

I will Lock this Thread soon as it won't get any better.

If anything happens for the good, I will Post it.

• Like 1

Lee

Sorry to hear that Billy, I believe you and others did all they could for him but before giving up on him, find out what meds they have him on and try to get them to stop them all, if at all possible, as unlikely as it may be, some of the meds could possibly be responsible.  

• Like 1