Ignoring IMBRA, ignoring Affidavit of Legal Capacity and Getting Married

Again, they do not talk to you only her.

I am actually talking about the forms that you need to fill out on the US side. And they apparently ask you if you / or the operator has complied with IMBRA. This is an event which is separate from her visit and her talk to the embassy's officials.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tambok

• shadow

• RogerDuMond

• colemanlee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know what kind of comments you're looking for here.  I guess if we were at lunch and you told me that I'd be waiting for the rest of the story.

Guess your not listening.....asking the same question multiple times will not change the answer...this is the Philippines....any rule or law can be bent, broken or over looked.....Period...

Not my chance...so why would I care...must have been some argument for you to be so worried about what somebody else is doing...Personally, I find minding my own business keeps away a lot of unnecessa

RogerDuMond

Apparently, they say that when you apply for her for a visa to go to the US, there is a line/blank which asks you how you met. If it is thru some marriage broker, they ask you if you complied with IMBRA.

ARE YOU A CRIMINAL? If you are they are required under IMBRA to divulge this to her if not then don't worry about it.

"If a sponsor falls under any of the below categories then IMBRA will apply to them.

Domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect, dating violence, elder abuse, and stalking.1

• Homicide, murder, manslaughter, rape, abusive sexual contact, sexual exploitation, incest, torture, trafficking, peonage, holding hostage, involuntary servitude, slave trade, kidnapping, abduction, unlawful criminal restraint, false imprisonment, or an attempt to commit any of these crimes.

• Crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol where the petitioner has been convicted on at least three occasions and where such crimes did not arise from a single act.

If the petitioner indicates that he or she has been convicted by a court or by a military tribunal for one of the specified crimes by checking one or more of the boxes in Part C., question 2 of Form I-129F, or USCIS ascertains through relevant background checks that the petitioner has been convicted, the petitioner will be required to submit certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for every such conviction.

This is required even if the petitioner’s records were sealed or otherwise cleared. Such information shall become part of the petitioner’s Form I-129F. If the petition is approved, the petitioner’s Form I-129F (including all criminal background information submitted by the petitioner and any related criminal conviction information that USCIS discovers during the course of conducting its routine background check) must be provided to the Department of State.

The Department of State will disclose this information to the beneficiary during the consular interview. B. Filing Limitations IMBRA imposes limitations on the number of petitions a petitioner for a K nonimmigrant visa for an alien fiancé(e) (K-1) may file or have approved without seeking a waiver of the application of those limitations.

If the petitioner has filed two or more K-1 visa petitions at any time in the past, or previously had a K-1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of the current petition, the petitioner must request a waiver. These limitations do not apply to petitioners for a K nonimmigrant visa for an alien spouse (K-3)."

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 2

Marriage brokers have been illegal in the Philippines for a long time. Do not confuse dating websites with marriage brokers. With a marriage broker, you pay to be introduced to a woman. With dating sites, you pay for a membership, and can talk with any other member anytime you want. IMBRA no more applies to these sites than it does to Facebook. Only an idiot would say they met through a marriage broker.

I am not talking about marriage brokers in the Philippines at all. I am talking about dating sites whose IP is outside the PH.

They ask you about the website where you had met. Blossoms.com and loveme.com are apparently not social sites ( as FB) but classified as marriage brokers or dating sites which are paid.

Some of those actually ask you to fill out an IMBRA form regardless of whether you are a felon or not.

Edited by tambok
RogerDuMond

I am not talking about marriage brokers in the Philippines at all. I am talking about dating sites whose IP is outside the PH.

They ask you about the website where you had met. Blossoms.com and loveme.com are apparently not social sites ( as FB) but classified as marriage brokers or dating sites which are paid.

Some of those actually ask you to fill out an IMBRA form regardless of whether you are a felon or not.

Again it is only a problem if you are a criminal. Read the internal memorandum from USCIS at:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/Static_Files_Memoranda/Archives%201998-2008/2006/imbra072106.pdf

• Like 2
shadow

I am actually talking about the forms that you need to fill out on the US side. And they apparently ask you if you / or the operator has complied with IMBRA. This is an event which is separate from her visit and her talk to the embassy's officials.

There is NO SUCH QUESTION on the paperwork for a SPOUSAL VISA!!!!

How much clearer of an answer do you need? This is what is filed on the US side for a spousal visa, please show me this question, because after doing this for near two decades I still cannot find it!

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/g-325a.pdf

Please find me ANY reference to IMBRA.

Oh, and here is the instructions, can you find me ANY reference to IMBRA?;

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

Edited by shadow
  • Like 3

There is NO SUCH QUESTION on the paperwork for a SPOUSAL VISA!!!!

How much clearer of an answer do you need? This is what is filed on the US side for a spousal visa, please show me this question, because after doing this for near two decades I still cannot find it!

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/g-325a.pdf

Please find me ANY reference to IMBRA.

Oh, and here is the instructions, can you find me ANY reference to IMBRA?;

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

Thanks for all this info. Some years ago, expat sites were buzzing about this IMBRA and how the Embassy would need to be supplied with info. on where and how you have met and if the website is not IMBA compliant, she would not be allowed into the country. I guess it was all just empty buzz.

shadow

Thanks for all this info. Some years ago, expat sites were buzzing about this IMBRA and how the Embassy would need to be supplied with info. on where and how you have met and if the website is not IMBA compliant, she would not be allowed into the country. I guess it was all just empty buzz.

Expat sites are always "abuzz" with misinformation from experts about most any subject you could name. Unfortunately, this site included.

So does that mean this question has been answered to your satisfaction? Is there any more questions that we can answer again about this particular case?

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

The US can not deny a spousal visa except in the case of fraud, certain communicable diseases, or some criminal offenses committed by the girl.

• Like 1

Expat sites are always "abuzz" with misinformation from experts about most any subject you could name. Unfortunately, this site included.

So does that mean this question has been answered to your satisfaction? Is there any more questions that we can answer again about this particular case?

Yes, mostly. Although the best answer would be given by a Filipino family lawyer and a US lawyer and sewn together. But since all of us here are laymen- that considered, yes!