montserrat

I haven't seen even 25 pesos for ages. Maybe it's 20 up the mountain but that's not a barber shop with overheads.

It's a barber shop with a lot of heads.

Always a line.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• batman2525

• Pman

• montserrat

• oztony

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I thought my barber was slow.

I know right? I only pay 20 in province but it's almost 40 in Dumaguete.   Prices are getting out of hand...

Im sure he appreciates your magnanimous generosity  .........

Posted Images

Alfred E. Neuman

I'll be in Camotes next week and make sure to keep up with the substantial tip. I. It airconditioned?

• Like 1
montserrat

No not airconditioned. I think one of the ladies' beauty salon type places is airconditioned but guy's barber shop places are never airconditioned at least in the province. That place in Fuente where I paid 50 about 5 years ago was a unisex place and and airconditioned. Women always pay more for their haircuts - quite substantially more. Like 100, maybe even out here.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

My BIL has a small aircon shop in a small province town. He gets P45. He told me he cuts 50-70 a day. He got so busy that he had to hire another Barber. His only foreign customer, a German, tips him P200.

My wife cuts mine and does a nice job.

A haircut here in Florida is at least P500.

Edited by Salty Dog
batman2525

A guy with hair down to his waist walked into a barber shop and sat down in the barbers hair, barber how much is a haircut  the man asked....the barber replied $5 Sir.....ok,how much is a shave the man asked....£2 Sir the barber replied......Ok barber shave my fecking head ! 

montserrat

Shaves in men's barbershops in the Philippines are less than haircuts, but not that much less. When haircuts were 20, shaves were 15. So only about 25% less. Of course men don't tip barbers, and women don't tip hairstylists here. If a woman decides to get the special 250 peso number, instead of the normal 100 peso one, she won't pay a centavo more with either.

batman2525

I wouldn't take a chance having a shave in a barbers shop in the Phils....

Nangulo

Filipinos never tip when they get haircuts. 

I observe Filipinos tipping every time I'm waiting to get my hair cut.  Nothing like some of the other posts.  I observe the locals tipping 5 pesos quite often.  When they take their kids in for a cut, they will give their kids the nickle and instruct their kids to give the tip.  

Haircuts in Surigao City are between 20 and 30 pesos and I'll tip 5 pesos - it's what the locals do.

I wouldn't take a chance having a shave in a barbers shop in the Phils....

What are you scared of?

I had a shave once in Cebu City (Talisay City) by the Gaisano Mall.  Straight razor - really a straight-looking razor armed with a single edge razor blade.  Pretty decent job for 15 pesos.  

• Like 2

I had a shave once in an Ayala barbershop, forget the price but it wasn't cheap. Frankly my Gillette Mach 3 gives a much cleaner and closer shave. The service was nice but the end result, not worth it.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I won one of those fancy $50 plus shaves on a cruise. It took awile because he stared with hot towel , then some kind of liquid he massaged into my face, then he used some funky looking razor with a disposable blade. Then more massage of another liquid. When he was done, my face was the smoothest I think it's ever been.

A haircut here in Florida is at least P500.

The barber in Monmouth, Oregon, charged me $6.00 just to give me a buzz. No blade for face and head, #1 blade for eyebrows.

I had a shave once in an Ayala barbershop, forget the price but it wasn't cheap. Frankly my Gillette Mach 3 gives a much cleaner and closer shave. The service was nice but the end result, not worth it.

When I was getting Php 35 haircuts and shaves in Carcar, they were charging Php 200 in SM. 

You just never know !

Nothing to be concerned about, getting a shave in the Philippines. I couldn't possibly count the numbers of times I have had one. 

I won one of those fancy $50 plus shaves on a cruise. It took awile because he stared with hot towel , then some kind of liquid he massaged into my face, then he used some funky looking razor with a disposable blade. Then more massage of another liquid. When he was done, my face was the smoothest I think it's ever been.

Hmmm. Must have been when you were a pup. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3

I won one of those fancy $50 plus shaves on a Cruise.

I won one of those fancy $50 plus shaves on a Cruise.

post-15816-0-70680500-1448426497_thumb.jpg

• Like 4