montserrat

montserrat

I just had my hair cut short at a guy's barbershop in San Francisco.

It took about 8 minutes. I'd never been before but the guy was clearly competent and prompt. No messing about. He just got on with it. Didn't bother with any small talk.

It was 30 peso but I gave him 50? That's a HUGE 67% tip the size of which he will almost never get.

30 seems the going rate now. It used to be 20, but it increased.first to 25, and then about two years ago, to 30.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• batman2525

• Pman

• montserrat

• oztony

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I thought my barber was slow.

I know right? I only pay 20 in province but it's almost 40 in Dumaguete.   Prices are getting out of hand...

Im sure he appreciates your magnanimous generosity  .........

Posted Images

I know right? I only pay 20 in province but it's almost 40 in Dumaguete.

Prices are getting out of hand...

• Like 8

Prices are getting out of hand...

Sure is, cost me 2000 php  in denmark

• Like 5

Sure is, cost me 2000 php  in denmark

Hell, if I had to pay that much is go back to doing it myself with clippers like I did in my army years.

• Like 1
colemanlee

Hell, if I had to pay that much is go back to doing it myself with clippers like I did in my army years.

Hell I still do lol...or at least wifey does...

• Like 3
RogerDuMond

35 pesos in Balamban, but like Whippy I give 50.

• Like 2

I just had my hair cut short at a guy's barbershop in San Francisco.

It took about 8 minutes. I'd never been before but the guy was clearly competent and prompt. No messing about. He just got on with it. Didn't bother with any small talk.

It was 30 peso but I gave him 50? That's a HUGE 67% tip the size of which he will almost never get.

30 seems the going rate now. It used to be 20, but it increased.first to 25, and then about two years ago, to 30.

when it skyrocketed up 25% overnight (p20 to p25) I shaved my head

they aint getting no more from me!

• Like 4
oztony

Hell I still do lol...or at least wifey does...

Only way to go , number 2 with the shears at home...

• Like 4
colemanlee

• Like 7
the.lone.gunman

I've been cutting my own hair for about 30 years. My clipper is locked down at 3/4 of an inch. It's not about the money, it's about the convenience. And I never get a bad haircut....

• Like 3

Only way to go , number 2 with the shears at home...

Bare blade on the side #2 on the top for me. Fadeing it in the back was a pain that required two mirrors.

• Like 1
oztony

I suppose if he thought it was going to be a regular thing he may think about taking on a mortgage...

• Like 5
Alfred E. Neuman

Wow bigshot tipper! Hua Kong in downtown Cebu 15 pesos only.

• Like 4
montserrat

I haven't seen even 25 pesos for ages. Maybe it's 20 up the mountain but that's not a barber shop with overheads.

Most I've ever paid is 50 and that's in an airconditioned shop in Cebu city. That time I just paid 50. Filipinos never tip when they get haircuts. The guy today was clearly pleased by the substantial tip although not profuse in his thanks - he just isn't the demonstrative type. He celebrated by walking over to the next store and buying a peso's worth of cold water.