The Dangers of Dating a Separated Pinay

That Masked Man

The social circle is probably the single biggest factor. Out of curiosity I just took a look at my Facebook account and I have around 75 Filipinas as friends (I counted fast so I could be off by one or two). In addition I have have several more who I am not connected to on Facebook. Almost all the Filipinas I know well have never been married and have no children. Just counting those on Facebook, only around 6 have a child/children who are unmarried, and there are around 15 who are married and/or have families. That leaves about 54 who are single with no children. 

So around 70% of the Filipinas in my social circle have never been married and have no children. Most of them are professionals, educated and have high moral standards (At least from what I can tell). Without going through the list and getting an exact number, I would put the average age at 28 and there are even a few that are over 40 who have never married. Outside of Facebook the percentage of unmarried and without children is about the same. Most of these Filipinas have put so much focus on education and their careers that they had no time for anything else.

So to those who are having a hard time finding unmarried Filipinas without any children or other baggage, you just not looking in the right places because they're out there and there are many.

WOW!!! I have exactly the opposite experience. Aside from my fiancee and one of her cousins (who is also engaged to an American now), every Filipina I know of who is over 30, and most of those over 25, is either married, has kids, or both. Then again, had my life not taken some awful detours in the 1990s, I probably would have had a family by 30 also.

• Like 3
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• michael_retired

• AussieLex

• ProudPinay

• Tullioz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

even though this discussion of finding a suitable Pinay is perfectly on-topic, i have to agree wholeheartedly with your observation.  yes this is a forum of expats or potential expats either living or

Good luck finding that one, from any culture.  

Better yet, order it yourself. Fraudulent documents are everywhere here.

Posted Images

And given the vast ocean  of single and childless filipinas, why invite potential problems by courting seperated/married/ or encumbered w/child women?

Because love?

Tullioz

I guess I am looking in all the wrong places then... I don't go to bars or discos or even go out much at night... seems I meet all the wrong types with no relationship potential..

Do you approach them first, or do they approach you? If they are approaching you first, then that may explain part of it. Also, most of the single child free Filipinas that I mentioned work during the day so you are not likely to find them roaming the malls or at the parks either except on their rest day. This sounds a bit old fashioned,  but have you tried going to church and meeting anyone there? 

• Like 1
ProudPinay

I guess I am looking in all the wrong places then... I don't go to bars or discos or even go out much at night... seems I meet all the wrong types with no relationship potential..

Well, maybe you can take some pointers from Tullioz, don't know him enough to say more but  he got 75+ good potentials...if that's your preferred choice of women to have a relationship with

Not to say that "single with child/ren or separated women are not good women",  I can tell you that personally I have a Niece that is in the same situation (smart as hell, lawyer by profession but dummy when it comes to heart or men, oh yeah they do exist!). The only difference is that her being dummy was a choice. She is a hopeless romantic. In a way thats what make her unique and lovable. She's about taking chances and because money is not an issue with her I see more of the guy that comes along getting the "free" ride more which irritates the hell out of her parents and her immediate families. But, She's living the "life"..and to some of us, that's priceless!!!

• Like 1
Tullioz

WOW!!! I have exactly the opposite experience. 

I hear a lot of people saying this, but I have a hard time understanding how this is possible. Maybe it is more of an issue in other parts of the country? Anyone else live in Davao City and want to chime in on the single with no children vs married/unmarried Filipinas with children within their social circle?

AussieLex

This sounds a bit old fashioned,  but have you tried going to church and meeting anyone there? 

Ummm I won't be going to church anytime ever really, not my thing ... yes I identify as being a christian but I am not religious...

I have met several women through friends, or through their work and I have met the occasional ones here where I live in this little local resort as they come here swimming as day guests... smiles..you should see the number of single women with kids who come here... 

• Like 1
Tullioz

Well, maybe you can take some pointers from Tullioz, don't know him enough to say more but  he got 75+ good potentials...if that's your preferred choice of women to have a relationship with

Not to say that "single with child/ren or separated women are not good women", 

I am mostly surrounded by professionals because of the work I do. Also, the girl I met online before coming here was a teacher. So naturally a lot of my friends are teachers or are administrators in the education field. Others work in local government, some with NGO's, and the rest have various other professional careers. 

As you mentioned, just because a Filipina has a child and/or is separated, it does not make them a bad person. Most are good and simply made a bad decision early in life. Personally I would not hesitate to date a Filipina with a child if there was a connection between us and I felt the relationship had potential. I would be more cautious when there is a child involved only because it will have an affect on them if things do not work out between me and the mother in the future.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I hear a lot of people saying this, but I have a hard time understanding how this is possible. Maybe it is more of an issue in other parts of the country? Anyone else live in Davao City and want to chime in on the single with no children vs married/unmarried Filipinas with children within their social circle?

Maybe it's because the type you know aren't trolling the internet.

Ask many members how they met their Filipina and you might find more than half were online.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 2
miles-high

The social circle is probably the single biggest factor. Out of curiosity I just took a look at my Facebook account and I have around 75 Filipinas as friends (I counted fast so I could be off by one or two). In addition I have have several more who I am not connected to on Facebook. Almost all the Filipinas I know well have never been married and have no children. Just counting those on Facebook, only around 6 have a child/children who are unmarried, and there are around 15 who are married and/or have families. That leaves about 54 who are single with no children. 

So around 70% of the Filipinas in my social circle have never been married and have no children. Most of them are professionals, educated and have high moral standards (At least from what I can tell). Without going through the list and getting an exact number, I would put the average age at 28 and there are even a few that are over 40 who have never married. Outside of Facebook the percentage of unmarried and without children is about the same. Most of these Filipinas have put so much focus on education and their careers that they had no time for anything else.

So to those who are having a hard time finding unmarried Filipinas without any children or other baggage, you just not looking in the right places because they're out there and there are many.

I don’t know how much one can rely on the FB data on its face value… FB information is not verified (or at lease one can circumvent any rules easily). The person may or may not exist, possibly unknown gender, age, nationality, education… I have met quite a few guys and girls who own multiple FB accounts with fake names, ages, single no kids with one or more kids, etc., etc. Thus, I do not have any FB account (had one years ago but deleted)... :D

Tullioz

Ummm I won't be going to church anytime ever really, not my thing ... yes I identify as being a christian but I am not religious...

I have met several women through friends, or through their work and I have met the occasional ones here where I live in this little local resort as they come here swimming as day guests... smiles..you should see the number of single women with kids who come here... 

Church is not my thing either and I rarely go myself, but that would be a good option if you are having a difficult time finding a decent girl through your regular routine. You could also try hanging out in some of the school yards or at the food stalls outside the gate and try to meet a teacher, but I can almost guarantee you would be more likely to go to jail rather than meeting a decent Filipina going that route. But then again, I am sure some of your cell mates would be willing to introduce you to one of their sisters that you could meet once you are released. Might work. Lol....

But back to being serious, It seems to me that living at a resort would be a place where a lot of single/child free women would go. I know a lot of the ones I know occasionally go out in groups to the resorts around here. Are you sure some of the children you are seeing are not younger siblings or relatives? 

Tullioz

I don’t know how much one can rely on the FB data on its face value… FB information is not verified (or at lease one can circumvent any rules easily). The person may or may not exist, possibly unknown gender, age, nationality, education… I have met quite a few guys and girls who own multiple FB accounts with fake names, ages, single no kids with one or more kids, etc., etc. Thus, I do not have any FB account (had one years ago but deleted)... :D

All of the Filipinos I have accepted friend requests from are people I have met personally at some point so I know they are the real deal. Many of them I am pretty close to outside of facebook as well. I do get a lot of friend requests, but I do not accept them if I have not met them before. Sometimes I will even message them if they look familiar and ask how they know me and if I can't recall meeting them I ignore them after that. I do have a few people I have not met personally as friends on Facebook, but they are all from back in the states and are mostly friends of friends. A couple that I have accepted have been through this forum, so of course I accepted them since we are all friends to begin with right? 

AussieLex

I dont hang out anywhere looking for women let alone in a school yard ... I am not nuts. I am not desperate to find a partner and I am sure I will have one when the time is right.  Finding decent women isn't all that hard..finding one I click with might be more difficult. Sure some of the girls who come here are with siblings but the majority seem to e single mothers but I haven't done a survey on that ...

Hey I am happy living as I am but it would be nice to share life again with someone special... no pressure to do so though as life is pretty darn okay.

• Like 2
Tullioz

Maybe it's because the type you know aren't trolling the internet.

Ask many members how they met their Filipina and you might find more than half were online.

I would agree that the internet is probably not the best place to find a decent girl, most of them are no doubt looking for an easy escape from their current situation whatever that may be. There are always exceptions and I am sure many here have found the right one for them through the internet. The girl I met online before coming here for example was single and had no children. In fact, she had only had one previous boyfriend (According to her and there is really no reason to doubt that claim) and that was back when she was in college. She was 32 when I first met her. It was not on a dating site, but a forum instead. 

That Masked Man

I would agree that the internet is probably not the best place to find a decent girl, most of them are no doubt looking for an easy escape from their current situation whatever that may be. There are always exceptions and I am sure many here have found the right one for them through the internet. The girl I met online before coming here for example was single and had no children. In fact, she had only had one previous boyfriend (According to her and there is really no reason to doubt that claim) and that was back when she was in college. She was 32 when I first met her. It was not on a dating site, but a forum instead. 

That sounds almost exactly like how I met my fiancee. I tried dating sites once and was unimpressed.