• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• michael_retired

• AussieLex

• ProudPinay

• Tullioz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

even though this discussion of finding a suitable Pinay is perfectly on-topic, i have to agree wholeheartedly with your observation.  yes this is a forum of expats or potential expats either living or

Good luck finding that one, from any culture.  

Better yet, order it yourself. Fraudulent documents are everywhere here.

Posted Images

• Administrator
Salty Dog

We usually get them in 7-10 days using ecensus. All you need is the girls name and date/place of birth and the parents full names (full maiden name of Mother).

www.ecensus.com.ph

Not exactly the information you would have at the beginning of a relationship.

• Like 1
shadow

Not exactly the information you would have at the beginning of a relationship.

No, but it is all on a birth certificate, which should not be too much to ask for.

Most of the honest Filipinas know there are many scammers out there, and are ashamed of the fact they may be classified as such, friends with such, or even related to such persons. They are usually quite willing to accommodate requests to prove they are not one of them. If they balk at this, or more likely get indignant with the "you don't trust me" accusations, then they are probably of the latter group of Filipinas.

The up front ones usually try to show they have nothing to hide. You just have to be certain you are not getting false documents, which can be gotten in most any town of size for a little bit of nothing.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

No, but it is all on a birth certificate, which should not be too much to ask for.

Yea but I can't tell you how many guys I know who have already fallen in love and a few even proposed before ever meeting the Filipina.

It wouldn't matter what they found out. What can you say though. Everyone has to make up their own mind.

• Like 2
shadow

Yea but I can't tell you how many guys I know who have already fallen in love and a few even proposed before ever meeting the Filipina.

It wouldn't matter what they found out. What can you say though. Everyone has to make up their own mind.

Some of them, will pay you to find out about their girl, and you can get a video of the girl admitting she is scamming him, and he will refuse to believe it. Been there, done that.

Then you will find them here and other forums/places complaining about how they got scammed!

www.pointmancebu.com

• Like 2

Whether we agree with the Act/laws or not in this country is basically immaterial to us foreigners, we have chosen to involve us with this country in one way or another.
This "documentary film" glorifying in a way offense and says that one does not need to follow the laws here if you do not like them.

The film shows a lot of disrespect towards The Philippines.

In my own country we demand and expect that foreigners should follow our laws!

• Like 5
ProudPinay

Whether we agree with the Act/laws or not in this country is basically immaterial to us foreigners, we have chosen to involve us with this country in one way or another.

This "documentary film" glorifying in a way offense and says that one does not need to follow the laws here if you do not like them.

HTM very interesting perspective Re the documentary film and the law in PI.  I don't want to get OFF topic so I'll stick with the dilemma of marriage and separation laws-ANNULMENT to me in the Philippines is nothing but BUSINESS and a joke. Why put a grace period?--wait for what? Hope that both party will  come to their senses and not stray again? meanwhile, both parties or one has been "committing adultery" against the law, disgracing the ten commandments that Catholic church has been promulgating, and you'd think ANNULMENT should MAKE IT RIGHT? Absolution of sin will cost you $$, just so the society will accept your new found love...and you can re-marry in church again, meanwhile while separated, both parties are doing exactly what the bibles tell them not to do....such hypocrisy. 

People fall in-love and fall out of love.  Why would it be wrong to face the truth when the relationship fail.  Why not give people a chance to offer another family some legitimacy. Why keep beating around the bush with annulment, based of Catholic teaching you disobeyed the ten commandments when you are with someone else other than the one your married to or someone else's wife or husband.  Waiting for years to be able to get married again doesn't make it right in God's eyes. My staying in marriage to get beat and abuse, cheated on, manipulated ain't right. My paying X amount of $ or pesos won't make things right except make someone rich on my expense. Filing an annulment has no difference in getting a DIVORCE except in PI you get to be ostracize first and make profit on for a couple of years. Maybe Duterte will look into that if he win the Presidency? ....joke!  Just like anything else... I never lose hope that someday Philippines will realize the negative  impact of such situation. my2cents!

• Like 3
For Real

The Banged up Abroad series is all about entertainment. The mocumentary's lack of the respect for the Philippines is pretty much equal to the manner in which some posters shamelessly liken dating and marriage to cattle trade as see the Philippines as one big sales yard...little wonder there are mocumentary's like this made.

• Like 3
colemanlee

I never lose hope that someday Philippines will realize the negative  impact of such situation. my2cents!

As well you shouldn't.....maybe someday 

• Like 2

I don't want to get OFF topic so I'll stick with the dilemma of marriage and separation laws-ANNULMENT to me in the Philippines is nothing but BUSINESS and a joke.

Yes, and then?

It's still the country's law.

And yes you can fall in-love in love and have have a relationship with someone's wife or underage daughter, but when the law clearly prohibits this then you should not have a relationship with them, at least not make them pregnant.

In Norway I don't break the law if I make a married woman pregnant(separated or not) or a 16 year old girl, but I'm not in Norway.
Norwegian laws and laws in the rest of the world don't apply here in The Philippines.

For me this story is about a stupid foreigner showing total lack of common sense and understanding of reality.

Some countries have death penalty for adultery, the same for drug offenses, idiotic or not, it is their laws and if you break them you have to take the consequences of your stupidity.

• Like 5
woodchopper

i live the rough end of town!

the amount of street girls that go in cafe's and chat guys is a testament to their ability to earn a $.

nothing like watching a street gal get treated to a McDo brekky in the same clothes she had on monday,,ON WEDNESDAY

ProudPinay

Yes, and then?

It's still the country's law.

And yes you can fall in-love in love and have have a relationship with someone's wife or underage daughter, but when the law clearly prohibits this then you should not have a relationship with them, at least not make them pregnant.

In Norway I don't break the law if I make a married woman pregnant(separated or not) or a 16 year old girl, but I'm not in Norway.

Norwegian laws and laws in the rest of the world don't apply here in The Philippines.

For me this story is about a stupid foreigner showing total lack of common sense and understanding of reality.

Some countries have death penalty for adultery, the same for drug offenses, idiotic or not, it is their laws and if you break them you have to take the consequences of your stupidity.

Understand totally and do not disagree with you on how everyone has to follow the law of the country.  It's my personal opinion that some of this LAWS specially those that were heavily associated with Catholic beliefs need to be looked at. Time has changed and Philippines is no exception to those changes. These are issues that every Filipina women suffers in the Philippines and are nowhere protected by such law compared to Filipino men. Many domestic abuse go unreported in so many of these marriages because although there is a law against it, the church has imposed those conflicts with false sense of religious teaching. Many Filipino men get away with abuse and adultery, Filipino women get subjected to societies wrath. On this documentary do you think the lady accused will get a fair trial? Or she was already condemned by the "pre-conceived" idea of what is acceptable behavior. But I bet you, everyone forget that some years ago, her Filipino husband was neglectful, verbally and physically abusive, that he left and cheat on her multiple times  just because he can although everyone know thats ungodly, the men get away with it and everyone go back to praying for his lost soul and maybe someday he'll change and be a good husband again someday....See how ridiculous is that? I refuse to turn blind on existence of  injustice to women in my country.

• Like 2

But I bet you, everyone forget that some years ago, her Filipino husband was neglectful, verbally and physically abusive, that he left and cheat on her multiple times just because he can although everyone know thats ungodly, the men get away with it and everyone go back to praying for his lost soul and maybe someday he'll change and be a good husband again someday....See how ridiculous is that? I refuse to turn blind on existence of injustice to women in my country.

The problem is well actually that most people do not know their rights and the law in this country, especially women from poor and not educated families. Women here have many laws they can use against men who are violent and terrible husbands.

• Like 1
Tullioz

rainymike.....didn't think of the social circle as a factor until you mentioned it. That could be very well a prime reason why some of my girlfriends who are successful, smart and beautiful are staying single. They would prefer a friend or relatives introduction than signing up on online dating or say in a bar/club meet ups.  I knew that they wanted to be in relationships because they were open with me about being introduce to my single male friends. 

The social circle is probably the single biggest factor. Out of curiosity I just took a look at my Facebook account and I have around 75 Filipinas as friends (I counted fast so I could be off by one or two). In addition I have have several more who I am not connected to on Facebook. Almost all the Filipinas I know well have never been married and have no children. Just counting those on Facebook, only around 6 have a child/children who are unmarried, and there are around 15 who are married and/or have families. That leaves about 54 who are single with no children. 

So around 70% of the Filipinas in my social circle have never been married and have no children. Most of them are professionals, educated and have high moral standards (At least from what I can tell). Without going through the list and getting an exact number, I would put the average age at 28 and there are even a few that are over 40 who have never married. Outside of Facebook the percentage of unmarried and without children is about the same. Most of these Filipinas have put so much focus on education and their careers that they had no time for anything else.

So to those who are having a hard time finding unmarried Filipinas without any children or other baggage, you just not looking in the right places because they're out there and there are many.

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 2
AussieLex

I guess I am looking in all the wrong places then... I don't go to bars or discos or even go out much at night... seems I meet all the wrong types with no relationship potential..