Malaysian hostage Bernard Then beheaded

Tullioz

Not at all. When you are going after animals who do not care and will decapitate a hostage at the drop of a hat, or who will strap a bomb to his chest and blow himself to hell, you cannot fight these people using any rules. Go in, clean house and get the job done. Period. 

When you start killing a lot of civilians in the process it makes it a lot easier for the terrorists to recruit more members. You would also start loosing a lot of public support as well. As for suicide bombers, that is not the culture of the Islamist terrorist found in the Philippines. When you start seeing that, then we will know for certain that foreign terrorist have entered the country. 

When you start killing a lot of civilians in the process it makes it a lot easier for the terrorists to recruit more members.

Yep. Because we know terrorists never kill innocent civilians, ever. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
colemanlee

When you start killing a lot of civilians in the process it makes it a lot easier for the terrorists to recruit more members. You would also start loosing a lot of public support as well. As for suicide bombers, that is not the culture of the Islamist terrorist found in the Philippines. When you start seeing that, then we will know for certain that foreign terrorist have entered the country. 

When you kill the civilians that provide them support, shelter, that hide them, will not speak of them...you kill their base support and without a base of support they become more impotent...which makes getting to them easier and more efficient....be honest, you could take down the entire island of Jolo in a month and the entire Sulu Archipelago within a year...

• Like 1
Tullioz

When you kill the civilians that provide them support, shelter, that hide them, will not speak of them...you kill their base support and without a base of support they become more impotent...which makes getting to them easier and more efficient....be honest, you could take down the entire island of Jolo in a month and the entire Sulu Archipelago within a year...[/size]

You would make General Leonard Wood Proud if he were alive today ;)

Edited by Tullioz
colemanlee

No, General Leonard Wood was not a strategist....you only mention him because of his involvement in the Philippines...I would be much more like Gen James Mattis....who sadly is retiring soon...but either way...the Sulu Archipelago would cease to be a problem... can you say the Philippines new Boracay or maybe the Philippines new bird sanctuary....   

Tullioz

No, General Leonard Wood was not a strategist....you only mention him because of his involvement in the Philippines...I would be much more like Gen James Mattis....who sadly is retiring soon...but either way...the Sulu Archipelago would cease to be a problem... can you say the Philippines new Boracay or maybe the Philippines new bird sanctuary....   

Actually the main reason I mentioned General Wood was because of his lack of concern for civilians. When you suggested killing all those who provide them with support, shelter, and hide them, in the case of the Abu Sayyaf you are talking about mothers, fathers, wives, children and even employers. General Wood's solution was much like what you are suggesting "Kill them all" when it came to the Moro resistance in his time. Remember the Moro Crater Massacre that took place on Jolo? Here is Samuel Clemens' take on it. 

Comments on the Moro Massacre by Mark Twain (March 12, 1906)

Having been to that area I do agree that the Sulu archapeligo would have the potential to be the next Boracay. But a bird sanctuary would be preferred. If someday the area is freed of hostilities, I hope current and past events will keep fear in the minds of potential tourists for generations to come so they do not spoil one of the most unique and beautiful places to be found in the Philippines.
RogerDuMond

When you start killing a lot of civilians in the process it makes it a lot easier for the terrorists to recruit more members.

They might have a hard time recruiting dead civilians.

colemanlee

Actually the main reason I mentioned General Wood was because of his lack of concern for civilians. When you suggested killing all those who provide them with support, shelter, and hide them, in the case of the Abu Sayyaf you are talking about mothers, fathers, wives, children and even employers. General Wood's solution was much like what you are suggesting "Kill them all" when it came to the Moro resistance in his time. Remember the Moro Crater Massacre that took place on Jolo? Here is Samuel Clemens' take on it. 

Comments on the Moro Massacre by Mark Twain (March 12, 1906)

Having been to that area I do agree that the Sulu archapeligo would have the potential to be the next Boracay. But a bird sanctuary would be preferred. If someday the area is freed of hostilities, I hope current and past events will keep fear in the minds of potential tourists for generations to come so they do not spoil one of the most unique and beautiful places to be found in the Philippines.

Just remember, folks like ISIS are like mice and cockroaches...If you dont get them all, they will most certainly continue to breed...and while anybody with a modicum of sense understands you will never get them all, you can make it difficult for them to do so...by continuously interrupting the breeding cycle.  As now proven beyond a shadow of a doubt by past and present American policy, if your going to bother to wage war, wage it full and wholeheartedly...otherwise...your actions border on criminal and you should just save your young men to raise families...

• Like 2