Big Blizzard on the Great Plains

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Does anyone else in Florida care?

• Like 2
goggleye

i grew up in the Northern Indiana snowbelt   - lake effect snow   - kind of miss it sometimes.   but if i went back and froze my fingers off scraping windows shoveling snow ill probably head right back to florida or the phils   :-P

• Like 1
shadow

up to 24 inches of snow and high winds    - colorado and across the great plains

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-ajax-snow-plains-rockies-denver-november-2015

PNW getting hit too, snow in the mountains and 24-30 foot waves pounding the Oregon coast.

Coast guard is playing in their bathtub with the 60 foot cutter again;

coast-guard-mlb-huge-wave.jpg

Edited by shadow
  • Like 3

I miss the snow, I just don't like the cold weather that goes with it.

Headshot

I think it will just take about forty of these storms this winter to reverse the drought in the western US (California, Nevada and Utah). I'm glad they are getting loads of snow. I'm also glad that I'm not there. Snow is dangerous and a lot of work.

Winter Storm "Ajax"   ???     Where Have I been?  Since when did we get into the business of naming winter storms?  

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

I miss the snow, I just don't like the cold weather that goes with it.

cocaine is what you're thinking of

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...