RogerDat

I have always enjoyed Manila, but then again I get along with the VA also and enjoy seeing them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• montserrat

• ex231

• A_Simple_Man

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Landed at NAIA 2 from Davao on the 11th, did the usual of traipsing upstairs to departures to get a taxi. Surprising easy it seemed. The first taxi I approached seemed eager to want to drive me so I a

I am not sure why anyone worries To put it in prespective If I get a Taxi from Melbourne Airport to the city (Like NAIA to Makati)  it is $65 (2200php)  

Not liking Manila (NCR) does NOT make somebody a "hick" or a fool. Few people in the world are really comfortable in a mega-city (even if they have to live in one), and it is even worse if it's a thir

From what you are saying here, I assume you did not go to the taxi queue, on the far right...

but instead wanted to jump the queue, and tried these taxis and suv taxis waiting for the likes of you, or mostly for further trips.

If you just wait in the queue, you would get the normal metered taxis, easy to see the line of local people, willing to wait to save pesos...

Sorry mate you assume wrongly. I've never seen a queue on the 'far right'. I had come out of the domestic wing and on the far right it then becomes International. I've never seen any Filipinos queueing there for taxis. I've always gone up to departures to catch a taxi that has been dropping of a previous fare and thats advice thats been going around on this forum and others for years. 

Where is this queue? If that's the case then I've been doing it for years :-/  I'll look out for it next time I'm at NAIA2. I'm English - we don't do queue jumping...

mikewright

Arrived at NIAI at 6am from Australia. At the airport people quoting 800 to Intramuros.  Caught a yellow taxi from the taxi rank, only a few minutes wait. Metered fare 660 pesos. Could probably have saved a few dollars by fart-arsing around getting a white cab, but after 12 hours flying and 5 hours in the transit lounge in Singapore, not worth the hassle.

• Like 1

660 is well over the top to Intramuros even with a yellow meter. It should be about half that. Sometimes they run the meter fast. Once I had a yellow driver do that. I quickly realized what he was doing and told him to pull over where I told him he was being a very naughty taxi driver indeed, and to start again only this time, with the meter at the right speed. No yellow driver in either Manila or Cebu has ever asked me for a flat rate fare.

• Like 1
mikewright

660 is well over the top to Intramuros even with a yellow meter. It should be about half that. Sometimes they run the meter fast. Once I had a yellow driver do that. I quickly realized what he was doing and told him to pull over where I told him he was being a very naughty taxi driver indeed, and to start again only this time, with the meter at the right speed. No yellow driver in either Manila or Cebu has ever asked me for a flat rate fare.

Is that you, Whippy? If so, welcome back.

Think you're right. 660 was a bit high. Was expecting around the 500 mark, which is what they quote for a pick up from Intramuros to NAIA. But at that stage, happy to pay it.

Also tipped him 90 pesos, he told me he had 13 kids he was supporting and of course I believed him.

I was generous to the guy even though he had basically tried to cheat me. He only had four kids, but with All Saints coming up and with my having 25 kilos of chocolate in my bag, I gave him a whole heap of the stuff. Worth about 1000 pesos if you were to buy an equivalent amount here. He had a pang of conscience and even waived the fare completely, which would have meant I got a free ride. But I stuck 250 pesos in his pocket while his arms were full with the chocolate.

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

Is that you, Whippy?

I was generous

I guess not.

• Like 3