montserrat

I was there a few weeks ago and there was no line of yellow meter taxis at all.

The only time I have ever seen long lines of customers waiting for a yellow meter taxi is at Terminal 3, not Terminals 1 and 2. In that situation, yes I might get a white meter taxi off the street. But only to save time. Not save money, as the difference in cost is only small.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• montserrat

• ex231

• Monsoon

• A_Simple_Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Landed at NAIA 2 from Davao on the 11th, did the usual of traipsing upstairs to departures to get a taxi. Surprising easy it seemed. The first taxi I approached seemed eager to want to drive me so I a

I am not sure why anyone worries To put it in prespective If I get a Taxi from Melbourne Airport to the city (Like NAIA to Makati)  it is $65 (2200php)  

Not liking Manila (NCR) does NOT make somebody a "hick" or a fool. Few people in the world are really comfortable in a mega-city (even if they have to live in one), and it is even worse if it's a thir

cvgtpc1

I either book a Manila hotel with airport transportation or have Europcar lined up to take me where I need to go. To Go Hotel in Otis it was 600P one time. Not sure if good or bad but very convenient.

goggleye

I always go straight for the yellow taxi.  The airport writes down their plate number and information before you leave.  Once you arrived to your destination, ALWAYS ask for a receipt.  If they don't issue you one, don't pay.  Threaten to call the airport and report them.  I haven't had problems with them for years.

exactly what i do too

montserrat

I don't know what year, it was that the postpaid yellow meter taxis were introduced. About 2008 maybe.

But when they were, it was a godsend. Because before then at NAIA the only alternative to the expensive prepaid coupon taxis was getting a white meter taxi either at arrivals or out on the street.

colemanlee

Not being too sarcastic, but if you really have to worry about a cab, Its very possible you should not be here.....

• Like 5
cebulover2000

Not being too sarcastic, but if you really have to worry about a cab, Its very possible you should not be here.....

There have been many discussions about the cab situation.

Have you read Paul's a 1$ is still a  dollar?

colemanlee

There have been many discussions about the cab situation.

Have you read Paul's a 1$ is still a  dollar?

I realize that, Im talking more about knowing whats up in a country before you get here....I guess today the dollar is somewhere about 45p?

cebulover2000

I realize that, Im talking more about knowing whats up in a country before you get here....I guess today the dollar is somewhere about 45p? m

yes, today. .....

miles-high

Much safer if you use the hotel car service… They will meet you at the exit, better cars, better service, more comfortable…

Radisson Blu Cebu PHP750 one way that is ONLY US$17…

Most Pasay area hotels about the same…

Shangri La Makati or EDSA about PHP2,300 or US$52 one way…

Much cheaper than the average NY hotel car service at about US$170.00 one way…

• Like 1

Even the locals complain about the cabs, maybe they shouldn't be here either.

• Like 2
montserrat

Only a total moron would ever use a hotel car service in Manila, even without considering that not everybody who arrives in Manila by plane is even staying in a hotel at all.

Just like in Bangkok, which also introduced an 'official' meter taxi but a few years before Manila did, the 'official' yellow meter taxi system works pretty well. Out of maybe 20 airport yellow meter taxi rides I have had had only one driver try on anything funny, and that was easily nipped in the bud. In fact overall I have had very few problems with Manila taxi drivers, certainly not it seems compared to some people.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I guess today the dollar is somewhere about 45p?

47!!!  :yahoo:

Mikala

I use Uber whenever available. The drivers are courteous and drive safely. The vehicles are clean and well maintained. The air conditioning always works. I avoid taxis like the plague.

• Like 2
delancey

People compare not so much worry. It is intrinsic to compare i.e.: " comps " in real estate. Not being an easy mark and also recognizing fair value is generally how I try to look at it.

Nangulo

Much safer if you use the hotel car service… They will meet you at the exit, better cars, better service, more comfortable…

Radisson Blu Cebu PHP750 one way that is ONLY US$17…

Most Pasay area hotels about the same…

Shangri La Makati or EDSA about PHP2,300 or US$52 one way…

Much cheaper than the average NY hotel car service at about US$170.00 one way…

Swagman will pick you up for free if you're staying there.  It's also free to get back.  It's 300 pesos from the hotel to the airport if you're not staying at the hotel, but they leave every three hours, not on demand.