• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

In the end of hauled my case back downstairs and took a yellow coupon cab to Makati for P350 (metered price).

That's what you want to do in the first place. Don't bother with any other taxis at NAIA. 

Uber is the best solution and the one I use most of the time. 

Just the other day I took a standard Uber from my place to meet a friend for dinner. While eating I got a copy of the receipt emailed to me: 90 pesos. The uber driver was very courteous, drove like a professional, knew exactly where I was going, in fact I didn't even have to tell him where to go. We only had small chat about family.

Later that night I just jumped into a regular cab as they were sitting around in abundance. Total fare: 70 pesos. The cab stunk, the driver drove like an idiot with lots of jerky motions, that constant accelerate decelerate that they do here when they drive, I had to clarify my destination with him twice on the way there and regardless he still dropped me on the wrong side of the road. 

The cost difference is a no brainer.

• Like 5
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• montserrat

• ex231

• A_Simple_Man

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Landed at NAIA 2 from Davao on the 11th, did the usual of traipsing upstairs to departures to get a taxi. Surprising easy it seemed. The first taxi I approached seemed eager to want to drive me so I a

I am not sure why anyone worries To put it in prespective If I get a Taxi from Melbourne Airport to the city (Like NAIA to Makati)  it is $65 (2200php)  

Not liking Manila (NCR) does NOT make somebody a "hick" or a fool. Few people in the world are really comfortable in a mega-city (even if they have to live in one), and it is even worse if it's a thir

From what you are saying here, I assume you did not go to the taxi queue, on the far right...

but instead wanted to jump the queue, and tried these taxis and suv taxis waiting for the likes of you, or mostly for further trips.

If you just wait in the queue, you would get the normal metered taxis, easy to see the line of local people, willing to wait to save pesos...

Works for me, every time.

• Like 1
throttleplate

He already bent you over charging you 500p for a fare that should have been around 200p and you give him 100p more?   :ROFLMAO:

well i am an asshole most of the time but i can be a nice person on any given day and i am not so poor that i cant help this guy a bit knowing he is scammin me so yeah i gave him what he wanted and after he dropped me and the wife off at our 1 week stay at our hotel and eaiin a $25.00 steak that same night with money to spare i hope he at least got another fish to buy or a bit more rice for his familly.

cebulover2000

2 weeks ago the first taxi at NAIA 2 had the meter still at 350 when I entered and he was trying to hide it with his hands, second one did meter but bitching the whole time until I told him to shut up. I am more aggressive towards them which got me meter rate at all times in the past. You also have to be willing to walk, wait a bit or take a Jeepney for a first mile.

• Like 3
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

See what happens to the price during peak hours. Last time I tried this in Manila I got a message something along the lines "due to high demand the charge for the ride will be 3X normal"

I have never gotten a X's 3 peak fare surcharge. Most of the time  I see 1.5 to 1.8. But it is still the best choice, even at 3 times. 

I have never had a bad experience with Uber. What's a few pesos to enjoy some comfort, safety and convenience? You might try taking a taxi in London, New York, Las Vegas and let me know how much it costs you to go 10 KMs from the airport, then you can really have something to bitch about.

• Like 1
Highlighter

I have never gotten a X's 3 peak fare surcharge. Most of the time  I see 1.5 to 1.8. But it is still the best choice, even at 3 times. 

I have never had a bad experience with Uber. What's a few pesos to enjoy some comfort, safety and convenience? You might try taking a taxi in London, New York, Las Vegas and let me know how much it costs you to go 10 KMs from the airport, then you can really have something to bitch about.

I'm not actually bitching about anything, I'm quite happy with the taxi situation at NAIA and around Manila in general. I downloaded the Uber app, went to use it the price was quoted, the pick up time couldn't be guaranteed, I chose not to use them and haven't had the need to since.

If you want to bitch about taxis prices go to Perth, then you will know what it feels like to be raped in broad daylight.

If I get a Taxi from Melbourne Airport to the city (Like NAIA to Makati)  it is $65 (2200php)  

Haha......It might be down to $10 after that expensive PR Exercise just finished LOL...

.....................................................................................................................................

The public relations company behind the Victorian Taxi Association's failed Your Taxis campaign has been given the flick following a week of blunders.

The VTA went into damage control on Monday after a social media campaign seeking customer feedback turned into a public relations nightmare.

The campaign was designed to connect with customers and guide the taxi industry, but it unearthed thousands of disgruntled passengers with complaints including homophobia and sexual assault.

delancey

Even very wealthy people don't want to be seen as a sucker or easy mark or show they don't respect money. Happily tipping while knowing you have been grossly overcharged 100%+ for routine service (victimized) is ... I don't even know what it is...

• Like 2

I am not sure why anyone worries

To put it in prespective

If I get a Taxi from Melbourne Airport to the city (Like NAIA to Makati)  it is $65 (2200php)   :idontknow:

Another perspective...

What if that Melbourne taxi tried to charge you $650 for a ride that you know should cost $65?

• Like 1

well i am an asshole most of the time but i can be a nice person on any given day and i am not so poor that i cant help this guy a bit knowing he is scammin me so yeah i gave him what he wanted and after he dropped me and the wife off at our 1 week stay at our hotel and eaiin a $25.00 steak that same night with money to spare i hope he at least got another fish to buy or a bit more rice for his familly.

I'm an asshole most of the time too and I can provide many personal references :) Where you and I differ though is that once I sense that the scam is on they won't get another friggin peso out of me. Whine the whole way saying how bad traffic is or " please meter plus 50" and they won't get anything from me. If they get me to where I'm going without the citywide tour, drive without tossing my ass around inside the taxi and without hounding me for anymore money and I give them a pretty nice tip. I always make it a point to tell them they got the nice tip because they didn't try to screw me.

The bad thing is that if you let them scam you and then throw even more money at them the next foreigner will have an even harder time trying to get a fair deal. Make no mistake, that 600p you gave him probably went straight to his pocket. That's more than a day's pay for a lot of Pinoys.

• Like 4

Meanwhile in Guam it's 12$ for a two block taxi ride. I walked to the hotel when I arrived, only took the taxi back because it was 4:30 am and didn't know how safe the streets would be that early.

• Like 2

Can you tell me why to seek out a cab dropping off a fare, just trying  to learn....

Everyone  hates these damn taxi criminals! 

When I first started going to the pI's the trick to avoid the scamming taxi's was to go to arrivals and get a taxi.  Then the scammers started hanging around arrivals looking for victims. 

If you could find a cab that was dropping off a fare, they are happy to leave with a fare and not quibble over using the meter. 

Usually now when I get there I am tired and stressed and do not feel like playing games so bite the bullet and take a coupon taxi. Jester

montserrat

As has already been explained, traipsing upstairs to arrivals and getting a white meter taxi only saves you peanuts compared to getting a yellow meter taxi, which only has a s!lightly higher rate.

Prepaid coupon taxis are something completely different to yellow meter taxis. They really ARE considerably more expensive than white meter taxis.

• Like 1

As has already been explained, traipsing upstairs to arrivals and getting a white meter taxi only saves you peanuts compared to getting a yellow meter taxi, which only has a s!lightly higher rate.

Prepaid coupon taxis are something completely different to yellow meter taxis. They really ARE considerably more expensive than white meter taxis.

Going to departure used to be quicker it seems. Now, I agree, I don't think it's worth the hassle.

smokey

Meanwhile in Guam it's 12$ for a two block taxi ride. I walked to the hotel when I arrived, only took the taxi back because it was 4:30 am and didn't know how safe the streets would be that early.

So does that make it easier when you get scammed knowing your helping the poor ?

• Like 1