CEBU Licensed BUSINESS Consultants ...

I would to, that's not a toy, and they are not retired, and I highly doubt they post on linc, and they are fools to invest in the PI with that kind of money, your ROI would be way more safer and controllable elsewhere. If I were the consultant I would give them the paper on the PI is the worst place and has the most red tape to do business in Asia. The political social monetary structure in PI is all controlled by a few, and they are greedy.

There are many multi million dollar ( USD ) outsourcing and call centers in Cebu.

These companies are NOT toys.

CEBU has climbed #1 in the list of 50 emerging outsourcing destinations for global companies.

Edited by Balay

and they are closing as fast as they are opening! actually faster!

Like I said , anyone here a sole owner of a multi million dollar call center?

Very few multi-million dollar businesses have sole owners. Most are corporations.

I am sure that there are some people here who do own or part own, substantial businesses.

For very many obvious reasons, most are unlikely to post all the details here, or any any such board.

And, for your information, yes, I have had multi-million dollar clients set up in the Philippines, some with great success, and a few who later pulled out.

And, for your information, yes, I have had multi-million dollar clients set up in the Philippines, some with great success, and a few who later pulled out.

Of the 4 pioneering multinationals in MEZ established in the late 70's/early 80's, Timex, Fairchild, Ultra Asia, and

American Cable, the bigger 2 are still here operating for more than 25 years. The guy who headed

Ultra Asia ( manufacturing a gadget that would reduce the static of a lanline phone), would later come back and set-up

UTA, United Technologies Automotive, currently LEAR.

I would guarantee, by far, that China, where we opperate currently, has the most red tape of any country in SE Asia.

We have men working for us, that have tolied for decades in other countries including the PI, & the US that are awed everyday by the business culture here and it's amazingly inefficient way of doing Anything.

back to it ...

Labor minimum wages in MEZ are approx???

This would be for assembly factory workers not call center or professional capacity workers.

Thanks in advance.

I would guarantee, by far, that China, where we opperate currently, has the most red tape of any country in SE Asia.

China's yellow book for import/export conversion is a pain.

back to it ...

Labor minimum wages in MEZ are approx???

This would be for assembly factory workers not call center or professional capacity workers.

Cebu minimum wage is P276.

Thanks Bet Busta ...

FYI the PI's wage is approx 40% - 45% lower then textile factory workers in Southern Guangdong China, Shenzhen specifically.

So just from a labor perspective .... Taking our factory, (equiv to what we have here in China) with 800 line workers to PI, it would immediate constitute a significant savings in our labor column alone.

Training, mgmt, raw materials are the tricky part, but they all can be overcome with the proper planning and development lead times.

Thanks to All.

Some years ago I had a long conversation with the directors of one of Japans leading electronics companies.

They have factories in Japan, Philippines and many other Asian countries, bu told me that they had found the Filipinos the easiest to train, the most reliable, and overall, the best workers, which was why they were expanding their operation in the Philippines.

I must say that the majority of their workers were female, and I have heard that Filipinas make better employees than do Filipinos, but like all generalisations, there are many exceptions.

One of these is an engineering company owned by a guy I know. Based just outside of Manila, they make gearbox parts etc for companies including Toyota, so there quality control has to be first rate.

I looked round the factory and met some of their employees, and they had some first rate workers, turning out quality work, and, of course, at a fraction of the cost in the West.

I am surprised about the wage difference. I google'd a bit and found the wages in China being lower than in the RP but that may have changed.

I would also encourage the OP to try the Philippines. We need investors like him.

Filipinos are good hard working people.

Scianna54 ... the wage difference used to be similar, and still (to a point is) is the North, & West of China.

But down here in the south the labor laws have greatly expanded to favor the workers.

Health care, insurance, benefits ... workers can now be selective if they have experience.

Wages are thru the roof here and continuing to rise.

In our experience as an employer ... Minimum wage is not really relevant, as the only ones that work for it are the ones that do not know any better.

Thats why so many Domestic and Foreign owned factories are shutting down in such abundance.

1,100 toy factories closed in one week here recently, this info gets filtered by "the party" and the picture to the outside world is that China is buzzing right along.

Costs of everything are on the rise in China. Inflation is rising. Costs of meat, milk, eggs etc have escalated 30% in the past 3 months.

From a company that has been living and operating here for 10 years, I can say very profoundly that the days of China's ability to provide the world with cost savings at a promotional and medium quality level are over.

The "Commy Party" is shifting it's focus toward IT and high quality industry sectors, leaving many businesses only recourse to close, move to Vietnam or switch their exports to meet the parties demands.

The times they are a changing ...

What is the average rent (lease) per sq/meter or sq/ft in MEZ, or similar zones.

Other factors to consider ... ?

Here in China for example when renting there are "management fees", local, state tax, fire inpection fees, guard fees, etc ...

Any CEBU specific experience / numbers would greatly help us with our projections.

Thanks Again in advance ... !