CEBU Licensed BUSINESS Consultants ...

Hi All -

We (my Filipina wife and trusted collegues) are looking into starting a Corporation in Cebu.

We are interested in taking advantage of the Special Economic Zones and their benefits close to the airport.

So there are numerous questions to pose ...

But the best way with my other businesses was to hire a local licensed business consultant.

Are there any in the area that forum members can recomnend?

Whats Needed is ...

Info on setting it all up, that gov't websites cant provide.

- Introductions

- Past Experience

- Costs / Real Costs / "other" Costs

- Local knowledge / Connections

- The Nitty Gitty details

etc.

Looking forward to any and all replies and thanks for taking the time to write ! ! !

Hi All -

We (my Filipina wife and trusted collegues) are looking into starting a Corporation in Cebu.

We are interested in taking advantage of the Special Economic Zones and their benefits close to the airport.

So there are numerous questions to pose ...

But the best way with my other businesses was to hire a local licensed business consultant.

Are there any in the area that forum members can recomnend?

Whats Needed is ...

Info on setting it all up, that gov't websites cant provide.

- Introductions

- Past Experience

- Costs / Real Costs / "other" Costs

- Local knowledge / Connections

- The Nitty Gitty details

etc.

Looking forward to any and all replies and thanks for taking the time to write ! ! !

You need a lot of money for that.

This is something for companies not individuals.

I have set up, and investigated setting up(Many didnt proceed for various reasons.), a number of business on EPZ's in the Philippines, over the past 20 years.

In that time I have only met ONE Filipino, an accountant, who both knew the ropes, and could perform, without charging a fortune for, often, bad advice.

In fact, it isnt too difficult to do.

With care, plenty of reading and investigation, you can do it yourself.

I may be able to answer specific questions, if you have any.

As a new member, you cannot use the PM feature, but if you wish to contact me, leave a message here, and I will contact you "off board".

Thanks Alan for the advice, please feel free to contact me at your leisure.

Scianna54 ... we are a corporation.

In fact we are a USA LLC, a Hong Kong Ltd (HK Ltd) and a Chinese RO so we are looking for a quicker, more experienced way to establish the Philippine company and negotiate the cultural landscape.

In HK there are shelf-companies (boxed and ready) to be purcahsed, we have not gone this route, but we are looking into if there is anything similar to this in the Philippines.

We are not so much in a rush, as more in a need to avoid all the pitfalls we encountered with our other incoporations, namely in HK.

In HK for example there are many consultants that file the proper papers and speed the process, avoiding red tape and "white guy" taxes etc.

These consultants are useful by passing on previously developing relationships (local, govt, etc) that can benefit a newly established company immediately.

I understand that PI is not classified as "offshore" as HK and the Caymens are, but I am sure these consultants exist in some shape or form in Cebu.

Ready made companies dont exist in the Philippines, due to their rules re forming corporations.

Yes, there are such consultants, ranging from the large accounting companies (a couple of which I have experienced) down to individuals.

The former charge high prices but can deliver.

Far too many of the latter are all talk and no action.

Alan -

High costs are always a challenge from consultants ... but accuracy, local insight & follow thru is always worth paying for, in most circumstances.

I will await your off board contact at your earliest.

Thanks.

Another lesson I learned was a non-citizen cant be named president. even though its your investment! Like a title matters, although I get a kick when my secretary ask me a question, and I say your the president, what do you think?

I would talk to Attorney Nonato from Cebu Business and Investment Consultants.

His Cell phone number is 09173250772.

I have experience opening and running a BPO that qualified for the Board of Investments Registration for incentives availments

I know you want first hand info but it is good to start here: http://www.gov.ph/faqs/doing_business.asp

What kind of business exactly do you want to run ?

Edited by Balay
Another lesson I learned was a non-citizen cant be named president. even though its your investment! Like a title matters, although I get a kick when my secretary ask me a question, and I say your the president, what do you think?

That is NOT true... as long as you have a PROPER work visa.

It is best to be the president of your company if you are only a 40 percent share holder.

Balay, it certainly was TRUE in my case, where and when we filed, It really doesnt matter to me , its not a fortune 500 company!

Anything I do in the PI is just treated as a toy company, I could care less if it's pi ssed away. It served my purpose.

And I get a kick out of it when the bills are due, and only lonely old me ( the janitor) can sign the checks.

I am sure some of you here will take this business thing in the PI way to serious anyway!

snipped

I am sure some of you here will take this business thing in the PI way to serious anyway!

I've had clients setting up businesses with $50 or $100 million.

I take those amounts of money VERY seriously.

I would to, that's not a toy, and they are not retired, and I highly doubt they post on linc, and they are fools to invest in the PI with that kind of money, your ROI would be way more safer and controllable elsewhere. If I were the consultant I would give them the paper on the PI is the worst place and has the most red tape to do business in Asia. The political social monetary structure in PI is all controlled by a few, and they are greedy.

So Alan did you invest that in the PI? I say NOT, so why all show boating BS, lets come back down to earth!

The zone administration could arrange for you a visit to some of the companies so you can get

info (so to speak) from the horse's mouth.