A Filipina's Perspective of the Most Dangerous Places in the Philippines for Foreigners as well as Advice on How to Stay Safe

You're saying he is the problem because he cannot allow his property and living space to be violated?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• ex231

• smokey

• RogerDat

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought some may enjoy this. She is definitely over the top with the safety advice and I am sure everyone here has failed to follow at least one of the items on her list of safety precautions. (For

Well, I live in Melbourne Oz, I feel (and am) perfectly safe I don't own a gun and (apart from police, armored car guards and maybe some farmers and registered gun club members, under strict contro

Absolutely! If you let them take advantage of you once they'll be back 7 more times  trying to do it again.

Posted Images

shadow

You're saying he is the problem because he cannot allow his property and living space to be violated?

I'm saying everyone seems to be getting along fine there, except him. There is little privacy here, if he can't except that, he is in the wrong place. 

• Like 1

Absolutely! If you let them take advantage of you once they'll be back 7 more times  trying to do it again.

Not a problem I've had. I've found people here give back as much or more than they get.

• Like 2

Not a problem I've had. I've found people here give back as much or more than they get.

LOL .. OK

shadow

As with any culture, there are givers and there are takers. We see both.

• Like 2

I'm saying everyone seems to be getting along fine there, except him. There is little privacy here, if he can't except that, he is in the wrong place.

Because he has standards. I was also pissed off by one of my neighbors at midnight and close enough to reason with him with a kitchen knife, but he just hid and by dawn he's gone (seems like a hired construction worker rather than the owner).

It's not even a poor neighborhood, but some people cannot stop being assholes until you beat the crap out of them or get rid of them completely. Had the same problem in Taipei too.

shadow

Because he has standards. I was also pissed off by one of my neighbors at midnight and close enough to reason with him with a kitchen knife, but he just hid and by dawn he's gone (seems like a hired construction worker rather than the owner).

It's not even a poor neighborhood, but some people cannot stop being assholes until you beat the crap out of them or get rid of them completely. Had the same problem in Taipei too.

Sounds really courageous. Acting like that here will likely get you visited by two men on a motorcycle one day.  One is reasonably safe unless they show themself to be an asshole, at that time you will find most everyone to be your enemy. This is not Kansas, Toto.

• Like 6

Acting like that here will likely get you visited by two men on a motorcycle one day. 

Maybe I'm naive, but I gotta call bullshit on that one. I've heard the "two guys on a motorbike" story time and again and although I don't doubt that it has happened I just can't buy someone that probably couldn't muster up enough pesos to buy a bottle of Red Horse coming up with 10k or 20k because someone slighted them. Possible, yes. Likely? I doubt it.

If you have specifics please share.

smokey

Maybe I'm naive, but I gotta call bullshit on that one. I've heard the "two guys on a motorbike" story time and again and although I don't doubt that it has happened I just can't buy someone that probably couldn't muster up enough pesos to buy a bottle of Red Horse coming up with 10k or 20k because someone slighted them. Possible, yes. Likely? I doubt it.

Well lets see last week a guy stabbed his best friend with a nail file because the guy was talking to his wife.... hummmmm life is cheap

• Like 1

Well lets see last week a guy stabbed his best friend with a nail file because the guy was talking to his wife.... hummmmm life is cheap

Was the guy with the nail file riding tandem on a motorbike?

colemanlee

Never underestimate the fragility of the Filipino ego....and you will be fine....

• Like 3
smokey

Was the guy with the nail file riding tandem on a motorbike?

i have seen a few dead people in my time here once a barker on a jeep shot 3 in the afternoon front of citi hardware seems he insulted a passanger the day before

Edited by smokey
shadow

Your friends must be more highfalutin than mine, P5000 is generally the local cost in Duma, or, a few bullets and a hit or two of shabu. Many of those that cannot afford a bottle of red horse will be happy to oblige.

"NOrPPO records showed a total of 19 murder cases in Negros Oriental for the month of October alone, and this prompted him to order police units to dissect and identify where in the province these murders took place."

http://www.philstar.com:8080/region/2015/11/13/1521454/shooting-cases-negros-oriental-alarming-mayor-sagarbarria-says-dumaguete

Most of these were conducted by two men on a motorcycle. Seems that some can afford red horse.

I still maintain it is reasonably safe here, but if you go around pissing off all the locals, expect some repercussions.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1

In Cebu city? I'm not aware of any murder case after the robbery at Lapu-Lapu.

P5000 is generally the local cost in Duma

You mean I could deal with annoying neighbors by just P5000? That's good price indeed.

Your friends must be more highfalutin than mine, P5000 is generally the local cost in Duma, or, a few bullets and a hit or two of shabu. Many of those that cannot afford a bottle of red horse will be happy to oblige.

"NOrPPO records showed a total of 19 murder cases in Negros Oriental for the month of October alone, and this prompted him to order police units to dissect and identify where in the province these murders took place."

http://www.philstar.com:8080/region/2015/11/13/1521454/shooting-cases-negros-oriental-alarming-mayor-sagarbarria-says-dumaguete

Most of these were conducted by two men on a motorcycle. Seems that some can afford red horse.

I still maintain it is reasonably safe here, but if you go around pissing off all the locals, expect some repercussions.

On another thread today or yesterday you implied most of the murders were extrajudicial killings of people involved in drugs. Now you are saying most are contract killings to avenge insults. It can't be both.