A Filipina's Perspective of the Most Dangerous Places in the Philippines for Foreigners as well as Advice on How to Stay Safe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• ex231

• smokey

• RogerDat

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought some may enjoy this. She is definitely over the top with the safety advice and I am sure everyone here has failed to follow at least one of the items on her list of safety precautions. (For

Well, I live in Melbourne Oz, I feel (and am) perfectly safe I don't own a gun and (apart from police, armored car guards and maybe some farmers and registered gun club members, under strict contro

Absolutely! If you let them take advantage of you once they'll be back 7 more times  trying to do it again.

Posted Images

Headshot

a snake in every termite mound?

His grandfather was probably talking about the tiny armored snakes that eat termite larvae. Even though they are likely venomous, they pose little danger to humans.

post-6379-0-85429700-1447384891_thumb.jpg

Edited by Headshot
RogerDat

I get those in my old house before. They are blind, and the jaws are sideways, 

What would fit in that mouth.

post-7667-0-67144900-1447386105_thumb.jpg

shadow

attachicon.gifsnake1.jpg

A termite?

• Like 4
Headshot

attachicon.gifsnake1.jpg

They can open their mouths surprisingly wide. I caught one with a paper towel, and the tiny snake bit the paper towel, soaking it with venom about an inch in diameter. I'm not sure the mouth is sideways. This one opened its mouth and really grabbed the paper towel. The mouth looked fully operational to me. They eat termite larvae and ant larvae exclusively, so their food is soft and squishy. They are armored so the adult ants and termites can't kill them. 

• Like 1
smokey

Bull bull bull bull    if your on lic writing a reply and bragging how safe a place is your lucky as the ones that cant write are the ones that will disagree,,,    I lived in Compton California for 2 years i was never robbed or shot or stabbed but i would never say its a safe place for a white guy with only 2% of the people white its one of the most dangerous citys in California home to the Crips and Bloods...i was just lucky and or stupid but i will try not to be unlucky or stupid again 

shadow

Bull bull bull bull    if your on lic writing a reply and bragging how safe a place is your lucky as the ones that cant write are the ones that will disagree,,,    I lived in Compton California for 2 years i was never robbed or shot or stabbed but i would never say its a safe place for a white guy with only 2% of the people white its one of the most dangerous citys in California home to the Crips and Bloods...i was just lucky and or stupid but i will try not to be unlucky or stupid again 

Some people will never be safe anywhere.

• Like 6
colemanlee

attachicon.gifsnake1.jpg

We get those here in the house, usually in the shower, if you step on them they are hard like a snake, my wife says they are poison though I have no idea what they are called to look them up, usually I see them in spurts...see three or four, dispose of them and dont see them for a couple of months...

Headshot

Ramphotyphlops braminus. If it soaked a towel, and you could see the mouthy, yours is not my blind snake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramphotyphlops_braminus

Why? Because you've never seen one do that? I've caught several of them in my house, and only one did what I described. I couldn't see the inside of its mouth, but I saw it bite the paper towel. It is the same snake.

One of my neighbors has a slingshot for shooting neighbors animals that come on the property, runs anyone he sees off the property, put up no trespassing signs, etc.

For some reason people keep stealing things from him. Never had anything stolen from me and we leave lots of things on the pourch every night. And they go out of there way helping us with things making life much easier. So thankful for them.

The way you treat people here gets returned seven fold.

• Like 4
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Not even in their own thoughts....

• Like 2

The way you treat people here gets returned seven fold.

Absolutely! If you let them take advantage of you once they'll be back 7 more times  trying to do it again.

• Like 9

One of my neighbors has a slingshot for shooting neighbors animals that come on the property, runs anyone he sees off the property, put up no trespassing signs, etc.

Can he shoot the trespassers? That'd be the end of the problem.

shadow

Can he shoot the trespassers? That'd be the end of the problem.

Maybe you missed the point, he IS the problem!

• Like 3