2 years wait is over

Got my plates today. No tags. Been waiting about 26 months but they surprised me today and my plates were there. I know some have waited longer. Been 1 year waiting on plates for other bike. Went there last week and told me they (LTO) back logged. How long you been waiting?

Got my plates today. No tags. Been waiting about 26 months but they surprised me today and my plates were there. I know some have waited longer. Been 1 year waiting on plates for other bike. Went there last week and told me they (LTO) back logged. How long you been waiting?

Got mine in 6 months. Feb-August.

smokey

i received the plate for one car in 3 weeks the other so far 3 months..

michael_retired

Renewed my car registration in May 2015,  been back a few times to get it but not available,  they told me to try in Feb 2016. When I heard that I wasn't  surprised and I could only laugh and say ok. ....

yes lot's of fun in the Philippines  :)

• Like 1

Maybe if some smarty in da big house could ban sale of vehicles without plates.  Issue instantly solved. Currently a joke, backlogged my ass. 

• Like 1

What good is a car or motorcycle with no plates? I see all these people driveg around with "for registration" placards, I just wonder if those will work as well for Kano's as it seems to for locals.

For registration maybe not

but temp plates with number are ok, as long as the vehicle is registered it is ok

The for registration plate works fine for kano also. Had that for about a year till it fell off. So been driving for past year with nothing there till today.

What good is a car or motorcycle with no plates? I see all these people driveg around with "for registration" placards, I just wonder if those will work as well for Kano's as it seems to for locals.

Works great until you go through PNP stop.

• Like 1

That's about what I thought. So if I want to get a van mainly for family fun how can I get plates so I can use it?

That's about what I thought. So if I want to get a van mainly for family fun how can I get plates so I can use it?

You want a new one or a used one or a surplus (new) one ?

You want a new one or a used one or a surplus (new) one ?

I have not really got that far along. Certianly not surplus, and used could be just taking over someone's problems. So probably new. If I could get a Ford Expedition for the same price I can get it in the states I might get one of them but I am not going to pay a 30% premium just to get it in the Philippines. In America I would never buy a Toyota, but in the Philippines they seem to have some nice looking vans that might serve my purpose, not too outrageously priced.  We are only in the Philippines about two months a year and so far we have been just renting a car and driver. I'm not going to get a vehicle unless it comes with plates, but I am not going to go used unless I'm pretty sure there are not any problems.

We have a house in Sabang, Puerto Galera (under construction) but unless some day we can get the next lot over there is no parking. So if I get something I would also have to pay for 12 months worth of parking rent somewhere.

Edited by diverdon

You need to carry the paperwork you get when the application is made. PNP accepts that instead of the plates.

• Like 2

You need to carry the paperwork you get when the application is made. PNP accepts that instead of the plates.

Ding ding we have a correct answer.

The dealership will give you a stamped paper that says "no plates available" plus a copy of your registration. Carry that in your vehicle and your fine at stops.

At least here in province, wasn't there a thread a while back saying they were being really picky in Cebu and not accepting those? I don't live there so I didn't pay close attention.

• Like 1
SkyMan

Tell the dealer/seller, "I'll pick it up and pay you when the plates are on it."

• Like 1