Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Self Sufficiency Resources

Paul

I update each of the categories listed below, as I can, and when I come across new information.

Disclaimer: I cannot state as to this being 100% being 100% permitted by their respective owners. But, in every case possible, I have secured verbal or written permission, per the owner of any work attached here, to store said resources on my Dropbox account and share them with others.

Alternative Energy - A number of folders in this category, including solar panels, hydro generation and wind power, generators, biogas, DC appliances, battery bank information, purchasing, charging, battery monitoring systems, charge controllers, solar water heating, watter pumping, etc.

Cabin Floor Plans - Floor plans, in several formats, that I have collected from other sources, including some nicely drawn plans by a moderator on this very forum.

Farming & Gardening - Want to try your hand at farming? I have resources for pigs, chicken, quail, and other livestock, here.

Where there is no... - Where There Is No Doctor is a very popular title to keep handy. Others included here.

Water & Personal Health - My newest and most recent folder added to my list of resources. eBooks on rainwater harvesting, bio-sand filtration, SODIS (Solar Water Disinfection), and other forms of household water disinfection, treatment and storage. I will be adding some health related ebooks here, soon.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 8

Salty Dog

I've found that the most self sufficiency resource is still cash.

Lots and lots of cash...

easydrifter

Great stuff Paul! Once i downloaded DropBox on my android phone and my laptop, I got it. Thanks it will come in handy for me in the near future.

Enuff

Off the grid survival in case of a local or national emergency:

Week 1: Food and hardware stores are looted. No shipments are received.

Week 2: Crime escalates as those unprepared for disaster look for food.

Week 3: Emergency food supplies run out. Utilities are limited and blackouts continue. A provisional government takes over.

Week 4: Search parties go house to house for food caches. Citizens must turn in food and fuel to pool for the common good. Punishment for hoarding will be what you imagine it to be: a worst case scenario. Hunt and gather means raiders go to a person's house who has food and strip him of whatever they want that was his and then they return to wherever their lair is while avoidng getting ambushed by another raider.

http://www.reach-unlimited.com/p/332674123/the-5-best-places-to-survive-off-the-grid-in-the-philippines#sthash.uum0Opmr.dpuf

• Like 1

Paul

Off the grid survival in case of a local or national emergency:

Week 1: Food and hardware stores are looted. No shipments are received.

Week 2: Crime escalates as those unprepared for disaster look for food.

Week 3: Emergency food supplies run out. Utilities are limited and blackouts continue. A provisional government takes over.

Week 4: Search parties go house to house for food caches. Citizens must turn in food and fuel to pool for the common good. Punishment for hoarding will be what you imagine it to be: a worst case scenario. Hunt and gather means raiders go to a person's house who has food and strip him of whatever they want that was his and then they return to wherever their lair is while avoidng getting ambushed by another raider.

http://www.reach-unlimited.com/p/332674123/the-5-best-places-to-survive-off-the-grid-in-the-philippines#sthash.uum0Opmr.dpuf

Week 4: A great reason to teach the wife / g/f how to handle themselves with firearms, no matter what country you reside in. Can you imagine, taking all that time to become completely self sustainable, just to have someone come take it away from you. 

============

This is NOT to become a gun debate. I am merely talking about protecting what is yours, in the event of catastrophic incidents coming about, wherever you may reside. 

Enuff

Week 4: A great reason to teach the wife / g/f how to handle themselves with firearms, no matter what country you reside in. Can you imagine, taking all that time to become completely self sustainable, just to have someone come take it away from you. 

============

This is NOT to become a gun debate. I am merely talking about protecting what is yours, in the event of catastrophic incidents coming about, wherever you may reside. 

absolutely correct, if you decide to be 100% self sufficient also be prepared to defend everything you have

these apply worldwide

• Like 3