Sign in to follow this  
goggleye

computer problem on a hp laptop

cybersquat

i was on the hp laptop windows 10, cooking last night talking to Neng  well not so much she has the flu.    All of a sudden kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk started on my skype  - where ever i went I got kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk's  i managed to run malwarebytes and windows defender they didnt turn up any issues    i noticed later too the shift keys and lots of the other keys arent working too    No idea if its a hardware or software problem - any ideas?  thanks in advance 

Try reinstalling keyboard driver first. My neighbor had a similar problem (to you) with a new HP laptop (touchscreen) and asked my help. I reinstalled keyboard driver and it then worked fine. Apparently driver got corrupted. 

goggleye

Try reinstalling keyboard driver first. My neighbor had a similar problem (to you) with a new HP laptop (touchscreen) and asked my help. I reinstalled keyboard driver and it then worked fine. Apparently driver got corrupted. 

thanks  tried it  but didnt help but i did learn something new  :-)

goggleye

got a keyboard for 9.95 at office depot   - bought a faster new laptop and ordered a replacement keyboard on ebay for 15 bucks   -if i i cant fix it a filipino tech will.   thanks for all the input guys 

• Like 2

markhere

Hi, recently had trouble with my HP laptop, got the local tech head, he removed the battery and reinstalled it, works well now

goggleye

Got the time to sit down this morning and take a look at this HP 15     - wow easy to change an keyboard    thanks for the help guys   :-)

• Like 1

cvgtpc1

Got the time to sit down this morning and take a look at this HP 15 - wow easy to change an keyboard thanks for the help guys :-)

Coming in late on this one....youtube is your friend for all that stuff.

Are you saying now that replacing the keyboard fixed it?

goggleye

Coming in late on this one....youtube is your friend for all that stuff.

Are you saying now that replacing the keyboard fixed it?

yes fixed na   :-)   after i took the old one out i could see there was some corrosion - must have had some liquid spilled in some time or another