Fleischmann's Pizza Recipe

Wolfpack

Wolfpack

bought a bunch of Freischmann's Pizza yeast and had it shipped in a BB...on the back of the yeast packets is a pizza recipe:

1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups of flour

1 envelope Fleischmann's Pizza Yeast (2 1/4 teaspoon)

1 1/2 teaspoon sugar

3/4 teaspoon salt

2/3 cup very warm water (120 to 130 F)

3 tablespoon oil

some added instructions from me...do not use any more water than suggested...makes the dough too sticky causing you to add too much flour...and screws up the recipe...

while the recipe says 1 3/4 - 2 1/4 flour...I suggest closer to the 1 3/4...

I used this in a

Deep Dish Pizza Pan, Bakalon, 10 Dia.

post-16695-0-86669800-1446460965_thumb.jpg

...and used olive oil...I find it better tasting than vegetable or other oils...

I made our pizza, cheese under the sauce at 400 degrees...the recipe suggest 425 degrees...

recipe says this takes 12 to 15 minutes...I agree there...

another tip, I highly suggest this Danish Dough gadget :

post-16695-0-09563200-1446461091_thumb.jpg

we used Pastorelli Pizza sauce...also shipped through a BB:

post-16695-0-70209800-1446461322_thumb.jpg

We used Arla sliced mozzarella cheese we found at Save More in Carcar (south of Cebu City):

post-16695-0-53391200-1446461750_thumb.jpg

We used

Antimo Caputo Chef's "00" Flour 1 Kilo (2.2 lb)

also sent through a BB:

post-16695-0-88565800-1446462264_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wolfpack
  • Like 2
Alfred E. Neuman

As much as i like your recipe, it will take me at least 3 months to get the ingredients!

• Like 1
Wolfpack

As much as i like your recipe, it will take me at least 3 months to get the ingredients!

true, making pizza has been a long planning process...but we now have the ingredients to make a lot of pizza...it is worth the wait!!!

and the pizza pan great investment...much easier to use than a pizza a stone...and the results of a well browned, crispy crust were great!!!

F Y I - pizza sauce is easy & can save room in BB box for other, hard to get items. Here are 2 copycat recipes from www.food.com

Pizza Hut Pizza Sauce (Copycat)

Ingredients

Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
  2. Cook over medium heat until sauce starts to boil.
  3. Lower heat and simmer, covered,for 30 to 45 minutes or until it is as thick as you like it.
  4. Makes enough for 2 pizzas.

Papa John's Pizza Sauce (Copycat)

Ingredients
Directions
  1. Combine ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
  2. Bring to a boil.
  3. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.

• Like 4
Wolfpack

F Y I - pizza sauce is easy & can save room in BB box for other, hard to get items. Here are 2 copycat recipes from www.food.com

Pizza Hut Pizza Sauce (Copycat)

Ingredients

Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
  2. Cook over medium heat until sauce starts to boil.
  3. Lower heat and simmer, covered,for 30 to 45 minutes or until it is as thick as you like it.
  4. Makes enough for 2 pizzas.

Papa John's Pizza Sauce (Copycat)

Ingredients

Directions
  1. Combine ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
  2. Bring to a boil.
  3. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.

like what would you consider a hard to find item?

your recipe calls for canned tomato puree or tomato sauce...all things considered, they both weight about the same...

transportation from Cebu City for food shopping or picking up a BB...quite frankly is the same thing...cost is about the same...

the items that a BB is useless for would be cheese...and other toppings, like pepperoni...of which, if you have suggestions for pepperoni, I would like to hear them, as finding good pepperoni in Cebu is what I call a hard to find/ impossible to find...

like what would you consider a hard to find item?

your recipe calls for canned tomato puree or tomato sauce...all things considered, they both weight about the same...

transportation from Cebu City for food shopping or picking up a BB...quite frankly is the same thing...cost is about the same...

the items that a BB is useless for would be cheese...and other toppings, like pepperoni...of which, if you have suggestions for pepperoni, I would like to hear them, as finding good pepperoni in Cebu is what I call a hard to find/ impossible to find...

I put pepperoni in BB boxes frequently

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dgrocery&field-keywords=pepperoni

no reason why pepperoni cant go in your BB box.

Nangulo

Pepperoni in BB box or suitcase.  Everything else I make here.  Dough recipe is similar to yours, but enough to make 2 pizzas (1 large, 1 medium).  I make my own breakfast/Italian sausage, too with a hand-grinder.  The hard-to-find item for me is bell peppers.  Once I see them in the local market, I plan on making a pizza soon.  I do the dough sans ingredients in the oven for 10 minutes, top it, then pop it back in for 17 more minutes at 425.

• Like 2

Pepperoni in BB box or suitcase.  Everything else I make here.  Dough recipe is similar to yours, but enough to make 2 pizzas (1 large, 1 medium).  I make my own breakfast/Italian sausage, too with a hand-grinder.  The hard-to-find item for me is bell peppers.  Once I see them in the local market, I plan on making a pizza soon.  I do the dough sans ingredients in the oven for 10 minutes, top it, then pop it back in for 17 more minutes at 425.

what flour do you use?

make your own sauce?

thanks

Nangulo

what flour do you use?

make your own sauce?

thanks

I use local 1st class, mostly.  I've used Maya and Emperor all-purpose.  Couldn't tell any difference.  I've used 3rd class, once, but the dough is a little stiffer, tougher.

Once I run out of sauce from my suitcase, I look for an acceptable sauce at the local market.  Hit or miss, and I generally put off making pizza until I can find some.   I've made my own a couple times.

• Like 1
BossHog

The hard-to-find item for me is bell peppers.  Once I see them in the local market

Go to the weekly farmer's market (tabo-an) in Surigao, not the wet market, for green bell peppers.

You need to get there early, say 3-4 am.

If you don't see them ask around and they'll have them for you the following week.

• Like 1
Nangulo

Go to the weekly farmer's market (tabo-an) in Surigao, not the wet market, for green bell peppers.

You need to get there early, say 3-4 am.

If you don't see them ask around and they'll have them for you the following week.

Many thanks, BossHog.  I've found them at the Sabang market, the Kaskag market and the wet market.  There are a couple vendors in the wet market with refs that sometimes stock bell peppers, lettuce and celery (another tough find).

• Like 2
liquido

bought a bunch of Freischmann's Pizza yeast and had it shipped in a BB...on the back of the yeast packets is a pizza recipe:

1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups of flour

1 envelope Fleischmann's Pizza Yeast (2 1/4 teaspoon)

1 1/2 teaspoon sugar

3/4 teaspoon salt

2/3 cup very warm water (120 to 130 F)

3 tablespoon oil

some added instructions from me...do not use any more water than suggested...makes the dough too sticky causing you to add too much flour...and screws up the recipe...

while the recipe says 1 3/4 - 2 1/4 flour...I suggest closer to the 1 3/4...

I used this in a

Deep Dish Pizza Pan, Bakalon, 10 Dia.

attachicon.gif518pmEkLhFL._SL1000_.jpg

...and used olive oil...I find it better tasting than vegetable or other oils...

I made our pizza, cheese under the sauce at 400 degrees...the recipe suggest 425 degrees...

recipe says this takes 12 to 15 minutes...I agree there...

another tip, I highly suggest this Danish Dough gadget :

attachicon.gif51IaqsXK35L._SL1100_.jpg

we used Pastorelli Pizza sauce...also shipped through a BB:

attachicon.gif81hI2-8O+ZL._SL1462_.jpg

We used Arla sliced mozzarella cheese we found at Save More in Carcar (south of Cebu City):

attachicon.gifP93340.jpg

We used

Antimo Caputo Chef's "00" Flour 1 Kilo (2.2 lb)

also sent through a BB:

attachicon.gif510lInNQllL.jpg

I always liked Pastorelli pizza sauce maybe because its made in my neck of the woods Chicago but for sure it beats anything here.....

Nangulo

Here's the last two I made.  Round was in a LaGermania FS531 30 thermostatically controlled gas oven.  Thermostat works well.  Pre-heat to 425 and it stays there.

Square was done in a Kyowa toaster over using both upper and lower heating elements.

Pepperoni, home-made sausage, bell pepper and white onion, covered in mozzarella.

For reference, that's a small pilsen beer bottle in a Cebu Hash coozy behind.

post-70-0-72814600-1446593483_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Here's the last two I made. Round was in a LaGermania FS531 30 thermostatically controlled gas oven. Thermostat works well. Pre-heat to 425 and it stays there.

Square was done in a Kyowa toaster over using both upper and lower heating elements.

Pepperoni, home-made sausage, bell pepper and white onion, covered in mozzarella.

For reference, that's a small pilsen beer bottle in a Cebu Hash coozy behind.

If you're inviting me over I will need directions, if you're not I still need directions and a heads up on your next pizza bake.

I'll bring some big bottles of beer

• Like 1