Sign in to follow this  
Canuck Joe

Connection strangeness Mactan South.

Canuck Joe

I don't know if PLDT on Mactan knows they own it.

I be surprised if you can complain about Smart there, they don't like whiners, and will do nothing about PLDT issues.

Does HMA work in Cebu? ( Hide My Ass) LOL

maybe the kiddy p*orn folks need that one!

those buggers are probably already using vpn like HMA for their depravity.

noddle

With a VPN account like  "www.expressvpn.com" or "www.privateinternetaccess.com"  can I have more than 1 connection to it from different parts of the world at the same time.. ie Australia and the Philippines ?

or do they see this as needing 2 account

Nigel

shadow

We have had horrible internet service for about three weeks here on Negros too.

I've been using Zenmate for a few months, so far, so good with that, but it doesn't seem to help my problem now...

• Like 1

Canuck Joe

We have had horrible internet service for about three weeks here on Negros too.

I've been using Zenmate for a few months, so far, so good with that, but it doesn't seem to help my problem now...

hmmmm.... ok thank you

• Like 1

cvgtpc1

With a VPN account like "www.expressvpn.com" or "www.privateinternetaccess.com" can I have more than 1 connection to it from different parts of the world at the same time.. ie Australia and the Philippines ?

or do they see this as needing 2 account

Nigel

You can have 5 devices on one PIA account...not sure if that answered your question.

musicman666

I have been comparing vpn with dns external services ....the dns seems to be winning.

RogerDat

Elaborate on difference of vpn/dns please.

Woolf

Elaborate on difference of vpn/dns please.

I think he means  smart DNS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_DNS_proxy_server

Operation[edit]

A smart DNS proxy server enables a computer and most other Internet-capable devices to access region-restricted or blocked content from anywhere in the world. A connection between an Internet-capable device and the website which contains the blocked content is established via a proxy server located within the approved areas for viewing the region-restricted content. However, unlike a virtual private network (VPN) proxy, a smart DNS proxy does not provide any of the protection established by encrypted communications and changing the entire IP address of a device, but alters a device's DNS and intercepts data needed for a device to log in and gain access, so a user can stream or download content which is normally blocked for viewing by people within that region. In the same way, a smart DNS proxy could also translate domain names of personal websites (search engines, banks, brokers, etc.) into IP addresses of sites with unintended content, even malicious websites.

Woolf

Virtual private network  VPN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network

VPNs allow employees to securely access the corporate intranet while traveling outside the office. Similarly, VPNs securely connect geographically separated offices of an organization, creating one cohesive network. VPN technology is also used by individual Internet users to secure their wireless transactions, to circumvent geo-restrictions and censorship, and to connect to proxy servers for the purpose of protecting personal identity and location.