“If you are into drugs, I’m warning you. I’m giving you 48 hours, 48 hours. If I see you there (Dewey), I’ll have you killed,” the mayor said. Read m

old biker

ZAMBOANGA CITY – Senate Majority Leader Alan Peter Cayetano and Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte will be meeting again.

However, the meeting is not an assurance that Duterte will finally accept the offer to run for president next year.

Cayetano, who was in Zamboanga City to extend assistance to calamity victims, said he will be meeting Duterte this week in Davao City.

Cayetano said he and Duterte are seeing each other periodically, but   whether he is running for president has not been brought up in their discussions.

“Duterte and I will see each other,” he said. “He’s frustrated about what is happening. He thinks the people are being oppressed.”

In their meetings, they usually discuss how to solve the problems of the country through his experiences, he added.

Cayetano said Duterte believes corruption and peace and order, including illegal drugs, remain a major concern.

“I always say that bravery and care go together,” he said.

Cayetano said a political leader must be fearless against the syndicate and compassion must be given to the victims.

He decried authorities’ reports that victims of the laglag-bala (bullet planting) scam only represent .004 percent of the traveling population.

“It’s beyond words,” he said. “People are not numbers. They have a family, child and they have  feelings. Numbers do not have those.”

Cayetano said it is unfair to put the incidents in the context of population.

“That is not the point,” he said.

“Until now the Department of Transportation and Communications cannot point out the solution to the problem.”  no shit Sherlock

Edited by old biker
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• hilyfe

• old biker

• Tullioz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unbelievable!  How sic can you get?

It appears that the way drug pushers would be dealt with would be the same way political opponents are dealt with.

Australia is one fecked country full of soft cock mentality, lazy pieces of shit who are nothing but parasites living off the backs of hard working Aussies. These bludgers are the root cause of Austr

Davaoeno

Until now the Department of Transportation and Communications cannot point out the solution to the problem.

I couldnt agree with you more old biker.  All these people having their lives destroyed by drugs because of poor transportation and communication.

Did I mention poor communication ?   

There are no bad people only bad deeds. 

Then there are no good people only good deeds.     

Can't have it both ways.                                                  Jester

calasiaobound

hey this dissenter is a thorn in all of our sides. lets label him a drug dealer and mow him down, and his family!

Edited by calasiaobound
  • Like 2
Mandingo

hey this dissenter is a thorn in all of our sides. lets label him a drug dealer and mow him down, and his family!

Exactly..........

• Like 2
RogerDuMond

Arrest, fair trial and incarceration are working well here in the good old USA! :snap:

This isn't the USA and the police don't (can't) work the same way. An arrest can only be made if a complaint is filed by someone or if the police witness a crime being committed. Most police departments here, especially in the provincial areas, do not have investigative units or assets to investigate.

People are not targeted as drug dealers here without absolute proof. Then they are given the option of leaving before they are removed.

Mandingo

People are not targeted as drug dealers here without absolute proof. Then they are given the option of leaving before they are removed.

I would think if they have "absolute proof " then they've done some investigation work :)

RogerDuMond

I would think if they have "absolute proof " then they've done some investigation work :)

It isn't the police that do the investigation nor the removal. They are not involved. It is usually well respected members of the community that have the investigation done.

Edited by RogerDuMond
mikewright

It isn't the police that do the investigation nor the removal. They are not involved. It is usually well respected members of the community that have the investigation done.

That's not exactly reassuring. Particularly if the "well respected member of the community" decides that this would be a good way to have a business rival removed, or to settle old grudges.

• Like 2

People are not targeted as drug dealers here without absolute proof. 

Ah well if local citizens say they had absolute proof before killing the guy then that's fine, I mean, what could possibly go wrong with something like that?

• Like 2
Davaoeno

It isn't the police that do the investigation nor the removal

I'm not sure if that is correct Roger - at least not in Davao .  They have undercover cops here who set up buy-busts.   And of course the DDS is reputed to be made up of serving police officers- and not citizen vigilante groups .

RogerDuMond

I'm not sure if that is correct Roger - at least not in Davao .  They have undercover cops here who set up buy-busts.   And of course the DDS is reputed to be made up of serving police officers- and not citizen vigilante groups .

I can't argue with you Ian because I have no idea how things operate in Davao. If you go back and look at my original comment, you will see that I said "especially in provincial areas". I am sure that large cities have more options at their disposal than a municipal PNP office. You can't do much investigation with only 5 officers for a whole municipality.

Ah well if local citizens say they had absolute proof before killing the guy then that's fine, I mean, what could possibly go wrong with something like that?

Nothing here.

• Like 1