“If you are into drugs, I’m warning you. I’m giving you 48 hours, 48 hours. If I see you there (Dewey), I’ll have you killed,” the mayor said. Read m

Tullioz

People have a basic right to control their own bodies, even if they decide to put drugs into themselves. Blaming someone else for their choices is just weak. 

If we inform the employees of Home Depot about the 2K murders, can we start killing them then?

You have obviously had little exposure to this issue or the culture that surrounds it. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• Tullioz

• hilyfe

• old biker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unbelievable!  How sic can you get?

It appears that the way drug pushers would be dealt with would be the same way political opponents are dealt with.

Australia is one fecked country full of soft cock mentality, lazy pieces of shit who are nothing but parasites living off the backs of hard working Aussies. These bludgers are the root cause of Austr

Davao is far from being one of the safest cities in the world. On average there is a murder every 17 hours and an assault every 45 minutes. 

Depending on the source it's ranked as high as #4 and most always in the top 20. I'd say that's not "far from being one of the safest". Maybe the muzzys are unruly down there? :)

colemanlee

Davao is far from being one of the safest cities in the world. On average there is a murder every 17 hours and an assault every 45 minutes.   

I take it before you came here you never visited Chicago, Washington DC, Atlanta, Miami, LA or New York?   Lots of difference between those cities and North Carolina...

Tullioz

Depending on the source it's ranked as high as #4 and most always in the top 20. I'd say that's not "far from being one of the safest".

I have posted this before, but based on the information found in this article http://davaotoday.com/main/davao-city/crimes-drop-by-26-4-in-davao-city/    the 216 homicides committed through the end of May the City is averaging 1.4 homicides per day. If that continues through the rest of the year it will end up with somewhere around 500 to end the year. That would be very high for a city of just 1.5 million people.  In fact, that would put it in the rankings as being one of the most dangerous cities in the world with a homicide rate of 33 per 100,000. A comparison to the top 50 can be made here: https://en.wikipedia..._by_murder_rate

There were 309 homicides in 2009 in Davao City, that rate was still 20.6 per 100,000 which is much higher than many major cities worldwide. 

With numbers like that, there is no way Davao could be considered one of the safest cities in the world.
  • Like 4

You have obviously had little exposure to this issue or the culture that surrounds it. 

I believe that appeal to authority plus some ad hominem, with a sprinkle of appeal to emotion still doesn't equal logic. 

The people who choose to buy are responsible for their own choices, and have the intrinsic right to make those choices. 

Canuck Joe

But how many of those homicides are by government death squad?

• Like 1

this man means business and should get all the support he can get not get put down by bleeding hearts and loosers, wake up drugs are evil as are the scum that deal in this crap, Mayor Duterte has a backbone not like Politicians in western country's he gets my full support

Best hope none of your wife's extended family has any drug dealers in the wood pile

You just might end up killed by your hero

• Like 3
Tullioz

I take it before you came here you never visited Chicago, Washington DC, Atlanta, Miami, LA or New York?   Lots of difference between those cities and North Carolina...

I am well traveled and spent time in a lot of the major cities in America. Davao City, just like the cities you mentioned, has areas where crime is more prevalent than others. The average westerner is not going to go into most of the barangays where crime is a common occurrence and if you are never exposed to those areas you would be led to believe that Davao is indeed one of the safest cities in the world. If you travel to NYC, Chicago, DC and stay in the tourist areas you would also feel the same about them. Get off the beaten path, and it's another story. 

Here are the most up to date homicide rates per 100,000 for the cities you listed. 

Atlanta 20.5
Chicago 15.1
Washington DC 13.9
Miami 17
LA 6.3
NYC 4.0

Davao City had a rate of  20.6 in 2009 which is higher than any of the cities you mentioned. The rate will be even higher this year. 
colemanlee

Davao City had a rate of  20.6 in 2009 which is higher than any of the cities you mentioned. The rate will be even higher this year. 

I guess its time for you to leave, obviously your not safe there...

With numbers like that, there is no way Davao could be considered one of the safest cities in the world.

Well then, it's like we've been trying to tell you all along - Mindanao is dangerous! Get the hell out of there!  :sarcasm:

• Like 2
BossHog

The Philippines is no longer on the Third World Country List and is now considered as a developing nation,

Hilarious.

You do realize they just changed the term, don't you?

It's still a third world country by any possible definition.

But if the name change makes you feel a little better, tha's fine.

• Like 5

There is no first, second and third world for some time now, glad the memo has circulated. 

contraman

There is no first, second and third world for some time now, glad the memo has circulated. 

The Philippines has very slow internet, thats why some still havent got the Memo :idontknow:

Edited by contraman
  • Like 5
rainymike

In a more perfect world, I'd love to see governments legalize drugs and focus on prevention and rehabilitation. Now, the United States probably has the resources to pull that off if it wanted. But the Philippines? This is a country that can't build enough schools for its kids, can't provide enough jobs to create viable alternatives to the profits from drug dealing, has an infrastructure that has been neglected for so long, and has huge gaps between rich and poor, the North and the South, etc. My opinion, we're in triage mode and need to focus attention where some level of result will occur. The hell with perfection, it's a long, long way away. I reckon we need Wyatt Earp more than Martin Luther King at this point in history.

Why grandstand? This isn't the first time Duterte has done this. The last time the warning was given and the police went in and at the end of the day there was shooting and bodies. I reckon most dealers know that Duterte is serious and will send in the cops to get the job done. Perhaps its questionable, but it just might be better for some of the bad guys to run away (maybe to Cebu ... lol) and not have so much shooting because this is right in the middle of a populated community.

If you get to know the other side of the tracks here in Davao or LA, you'll discover that youth with little future will often turn to gangs and its drug culture. Sure you don't fix that with Wyatt Earp alone, but it's going to be a long while before this country can offer disenchanted youth with an alternative.

As for me, now is now. I've got kids that I'm concerned about. Back in Cebu the gangs were rampant, shootings not uncommon, and drug use out of control (where my partner's family lives). We have relatives in the gangs. The biological dad of my ''adopted'' kids was gunned down in some gangland kind of thing. So, it's not an intellectual argument for me. Duterte gets my vote. I just don't have time for theory on this one.

But hell yeah, if I were taking an essay test, I could write pages about the dangers of letting leaders take the law into their own hands. But then again Obama seems to have taken some pages from Duterte's notebook.

• Like 3
Tullioz

I believe that appeal to authority plus some ad hominem, with a sprinkle of appeal to emotion still doesn't equal logic. 

The people who choose to buy are responsible for their own choices, and have the intrinsic right to make those choices. 

Like I said, unless you have been exposed to this culture, it is hard to grasp. Fortunately when I was young crack and meth were not on the scene yet. Had they been I doubt I would be writing this response today. In my late teens and early 20's I was involved in a lot of bad things even during my time in the military. I grew up next to one of the most drug and crime infested communities in the US (Probably the worst at that time) and have witnessed first hand what drugs can do to good people. (Especially since meth and crack became popular) Addiction can come on as a slow process with things like alcohol, cigarettes, marijuana, or cocaine, but with drugs like crack and shabu, one night at a party can be life altering and result in instant addiction. I have seen it happen to a lot of people; many who were professionals and had great careers. Also, unlike alcohol, cigarettes, marijuana and cocaine which can be hard enough on their own to quit, some of the drugs on the streets today can be nearly impossible. 

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 1