Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Graphics designers on the forum? I need something done, please.

Paul

First, please do not expect this to be a freebie. I am very happy to pay for your time involved in this, and for your work. 

What I want is, a suitable Avatar to replace the avatar of those who have passed - or at least those who we know who have passed, on this site.

Personally, I am not really sure WHAT type of avatar it should be. Perhaps something like a cross with a wreath around it? Just a suggestion here, as I am Christian. However, I also realize members here are of many faiths, and even of no faith. We have believers and non-believers alike.

I am open to most anything, as long as it is respectful. 

Any input, any designers who may be able to help, anyone with any input whatsoever, please feel free to contact me in this thread, by email, PM, or by any other means you may have at your disposal to make contact with me. 

The image should be about 200 x 200.  

Thank you. 

• Like 4

broden

maybe just a black R.I.P. band 

Paul

maybe just a black R.I.P. band 

Sample? I'm open to anything.

broden

just something like a black arm band like people wear.. perhaps across the botton of their current avatar .. with or with out R.I.P. written on it..

or a new avatar replacing their old one totally with only something like that but perhaps diagonally ... 

hilyfe

First, please do not expect this to be a freebie. I am very happy to pay for your time involved in this, and for your work. 

What I want is, a suitable Avatar to replace the avatar of those who have passed - or at least those who we know who have passed, on this site.

Personally, I am not really sure WHAT type of avatar it should be. Perhaps something like a cross with a wreath around it? Just a suggestion here, as I am Christian. However, I also realize members here are of many faiths, and even of no faith. We have believers and non-believers alike.

I am open to most anything, as long as it is respectful. 

Any input, any designers who may be able to help, anyone with any input whatsoever, please feel free to contact me in this thread, by email, PM, or by any other means you may have at your disposal to make contact with me. 

The image should be about 200 x 200.  

Thank you.

Paul

Its nice of you for doing this

For those members who left us in this world

Its shows what kind person you are man

I am touch

Paul

Paul

Its nice of you for doing this

For those members who left us in this world

Its shows what kind person you are man

I am touch

I wish I could take credit for it, hilyfe.

While I know it is a wonderful idea, and even Steve (code admin) came up with an idea for us to do something for known deceased members in the past, we never really have pushed through with anything to date.

Member Contraman actually came up with this idea, and send me a PM regarding it, recently.

• Like 4

hilyfe

Gee i am really touch with you guys here

This is not just a forum where we chitchat but like a big family

• Like 2

Paul

black_white_with_dove_ribbon_awareness.png

black_ribbon_300.jpg

ribbon_black_icon3-1a.png

Here are some I found.

• Like 1

broden

i've looked at ones like the middle one.. and of the three it would be the one i like

except that now days ribbons of that type always mean some kind of cause

working with the kiddo now.. but i would just go straight across the bottom of the pic like an arm band or straight diagonally across with no pic... i'm sure many others have opinions though

Paul

Dude, people dying is sad. 

hilyfe

Dude, people dying is sad.

I know its sad

But those cross are i dont know makes me sad

Paul

black_ribbon_bow.jpg

broden

aim to keep it low key.. understated 

broden

if someone doesn't have an avatar something like this

just a quick mock up .. lz0FATL.png

rather than a black band across the no avatar hank hill's wifes head avatar

if they do have an avatar they use .. a similar black band just across the bottom of the picture

of course you may want to add a rule about other members using such avatars but that would be up to you