Looks like the VECO setup it would be pretty easy to get a proper neutral and ground, and the CEBECO drawing looks like they HAVE a neutral, but the place I rented in Dau I had the VECO setup and no neutral, so you had to be careful what you plugged in. Since they, you know, use the WRONG F*CKING PLUGS. 

Whoooo, I feel better now. 

Edited by Cipro
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woolf

• Cipro

• senseless

• doomsweek

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drive a metal stake into the soil outside ....run a wire from your cpu case to the stake....no more shocks!

yes there is a tiny leakage  but it is NOT a fault in the wiring   it is normal, it is an effect of the line emi filter in the equipment, there is no danger   the leakage is so small that it would

There are many types and shapes of EMI line filters   https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=single+pole+emi+filter&espv=2&biw=1523&bih=867&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&am

Posted Images

one more thing to notice about the VECO system is they use single pole light switches here

so you will still have one hot at the lamp socket when light switch is off

using the same socket as usa 110/120, is only a problem for someone bringing 110/120 volt equipment here

for the general public here, it not a problem

one more thing to notice about the VECO system is they use single pole light switches here

so you will still have one hot at the lamp socket when light switch is off

using the same socket as usa 110/120, is only a problem for someone bringing 110/120 volt equipment here

for the general public here, it not a problem

Except it's not rated for that use I'd bet. But UL is also something that doesn't translate I reckon. I wonder what the PEC says in all the places where NEC mandates UL listed devices.

The two hot legs at the light fixture and a single pole switch is the source of "my CF won't shut of completely" syndrome in every case I've checked. 

there is NO UL in the philippines, there is NO NEC in the philippines

philippines is NOT mini usa

what is CF ?

there is NO UL in the philippines, there is NO NEC in the philippines

philippines is NOT mini usa

what is CF ?

The PH has the PEC, which is roughly equiv to the NEC, but I don't have a copy. 

CF is shorthand for compact fluorescent - it's relatively common in PH for them to flicker when off sometimes. . 

For those interested

philippine electrical code  http://www.slideshare.net/Jerick54/philippine-electrical-code

press the full screen arrow at the bottom right 

you can change page with right and left arrow

Yeah I found that when I Googled for what the PH codes actually were a few days ago - for a document like this, it's essentially the same as not having a copy. All the PDFs seem to be login required or gone. 

Edited by Cipro

Yeah I found that when I Googled for what the PH codes actually were a few days ago - for a document like this, it's essentially the same as not having a copy. All the PDFs seem to be login required or gone. 

I could download it just fine. Just click on "Download" -> "No thanks. Continue to download."

CF is shorthand for compact fluorescent - it's relatively common in PH for them to flicker when off sometimes. . 

Oh so that's why! Late at night, I would always catch glimpses that the bulb in the kitchen flickered for an instant when it was turned off. Then I would stare at it for a few seconds waiting for it to happen again, but it won't. I thought it was just my imagination.

Seems like my game plan here is to drive a grounding rod or two outside and wire it up to the ground terminal for the sockets I want to have one. While I'm at it, might as well replace the light switches with double pole ones.