Sign in to follow this  
Faktor

hotels in tacloban

Faktor

i will need my immigration run next month, my wife baby and i was supposed to have gone to duma this month but due to high medical bills we have to postpone that trip some months, so i want to bring them for a weekend to tacloban instead. we spend way to much time at home, so i think a change of scenerio will do us good.. when it was just me in the old days staying over i did not much care where i stayed as long as it had a bed and a hot shower.. but now with a 9½ month baby we need elevator and larger style room. in ormoc novotel is very nice 1100 for a large room twin beds and elevator.. i hope to find something similar in downtown tacloban. go hotels is just to far out. last time there we stayed at alajandro hotel,, now that sucked.. apart from they make the best tenderloin steak i have had on leyte. the rooms where not that big, and a 14inch tv cost more than 2000 per night.. that was just insane. and the cable tv was so snowy i was actually had seeing anything, we ended up taking out the cable and watch gma that the tv itself could pick up better than the cable... so anyone have any ideas price range no more than 1500 per night hopefully 1000 would be best 

colemanlee

A friend of mine coming here in transit to Samar always stays at the Go Hotel located next to Robinsons...he likes it a lot...you can see it online..

http://www.gohotels.ph/....Ijust sent him a pm on fb so he will probably be on later

easy44

Sorry to hear about the Alejandro Hotel. I stayed there several times before Yolanda and enjoyed it each time. We never watched any tv, so can't comment on that, but liked their small restaurant, central location and all the old historic photos on display throughout the hotel. Our room was large and airy.

Did you stay there before or after Yolanda? The difference between your experience and mine is disturbing and I hope it was a fluke. I would like to stay there again.

miles-high

We also stayed at Leyte Park Resort Hotel. The villa was not so good but the restaurant was not so bad haha :) that was 2 years ago. I don't know if it's still there after Yolanda... :(

colemanlee

Leyte Park is back in business I think, but more money than the OP wants to pay...

cvgtpc1

I found all the Tacloban hotels were pretty worn out prior to Yolanda, can only imagine how they are now unless repairing the places caused them to renovate and upgrade.

Why I now stay at Go Hotel. But could see how you'd want more space with the baby along.

I noticed a place by the airport that looked nice in my last search but in the 3000 range and also not convenient to anything.

Why I like the Go Hotel with Robinsons there. Just wished it all stayed open later than 9pm which is ridiculous.

Edited by cvgtpc1

hyaku

Go Hotel too. With your baby it's easy to pop next door for food. I like the undercover car park too. The jeepney will take you right past BI offices.

Edited by hyaku

Faktor

A friend of mine coming here in transit to Samar always stays at the Go Hotel located next to Robinsons...he likes it a lot...you can see it online..

http://www.gohotels.ph/....Ijust sent him a pm on fb so he will probably be on later

look at my original post. go hotels is the 1 i ruled out, we will go to robinson but dont want to stay there, its to far from downtown, we want to go "shopping" downtown with out baby, see the sights, visit the bridge the ship and leyte landing and so forth, we dont have our own car so robinson is to big a hassel to get around from

Sorry to hear about the Alejandro Hotel. I stayed there several times before Yolanda and enjoyed it each time. We never watched any tv, so can't comment on that, but liked their small restaurant, central location and all the old historic photos on display throughout the hotel. Our room was large and airy.

Did you stay there before or after Yolanda? The difference between your experience and mine is disturbing and I hope it was a fluke. I would like to stay there again.

we stayed there in april this year

Faktor

we like to go savemore. gaisano. novo.unitop. 578 and so forth and of cource just before leaving we will go resco for swiss deli sausage. i really cant stand local sausages.. a frankfurter from swiss taste like a frankfurter should, the pastrami is good, the bacon is good and so forth, where i find ph style of those lacking so much

so better stay downtown and only go robinson 1 time

Faktor

looking at hotel rodolfo-welcome home pensione and rosvenil pension, anyone have knowledge of those places

Edited by Faktor

cvgtpc1

we like to go savemore. gaisano. novo.unitop. 578 and so forth and of cource just before leaving we will go resco for swiss deli sausage. i really cant stand local sausages.. a frankfurter from swiss taste like a frankfurter should, the pastrami is good, the bacon is good and so forth, where i find ph style of those lacking so much

so better stay downtown and only go robinson 1 time

Is resco the name of a store?

I'm inundated by beggars whenever I go to downtown Tacloban so I avoid it.

Eat at a place with windows...they'll see a foreigner inside...and the line forms waiting for you to leave.

Faktor

yes resco is the name of a store, its located across from veterans bank/the new unicity.. or if u dont know those. between bpi main and andoks on the opposit side. they sell alot of swiss deli products and other good stuff. there spices when they have stock is better and cheaper than mcormick.. its mainly chinese supplies though, but they do have some nice stuff from time to time, but like everywhere else in ph, out of stock is a word often used

hyaku

A little bit off topic but does anyone know what happened to Swiss Deli? The online store address I have is now offline. I wanted to try and order my own. My local deli switches of the refs at night and the meat defrosts daily.

Faktor

if u order direct they will ask u to order 50kg. i have a phone number for beth downthere if u want. marcus kehl is rarely in ph anymore as i understand it. so u will always deal with beth, or u can email them on this 1:[email protected]

its really the only sausage and cold cuts i have found worth eating here in ph so far

GwapoGuy

The only time I ever visited Tacloban about a year before Yolanda hit, I stayed at the Welcome Home Pensione. It was a small budget room for under P1000. They have larger rooms with multiple beds:  http://www.welcomehomepensione.com/Welcome-Home

GV Hotel has a location in Tac but I never stayed there. http://www.gvhotels.com.ph/visayas/tacloban/

Hope this helps...