Sign in to follow this  
Jawny

Buying MS Surface laptop

Jawny

Is like to buy a new Microsoft Surface laptop for my child in college. Can any member advise me where they are sold in Cebu? Preferably at the SM or Ayala malls for convenience.

I'm also wondering if any member knows if the various MS Office products can be obtained/installed at time of purchase or need to be bought online.

Jawny

I failed to add that I want to make the purchase from a retailer in a store, not from an online source.

Mikala

Everything I've installed on my Surface Pro tablets has been purchased and downloaded online.

I'd sure hate to try that in the Philippines! :(

Note: I purchased my tablets online (in the USA).

Edited by Mikala

miles-high

Office 365 comes with it (mine did) but personally I do not like it so I am using my old Office 2010 (less distance for the curser to travel to do basic tasks like save, delete, etc.). You should probably buy the type cover (keyboard) and a mouse if it was to be used by a student. Bought a docking station as well, it's a convenient addition (add several USB3.0, etc.) but not recommended as the screen angle not adjustable.

Surface 4 is out, they are taking reservations. Don’t really know the difference but perhaps you should look into it. Personally, I am waiting to get a SurfaceBook which is supposed to be a true desktop replacement.

I bought mine from Amazon US, shipped it via “MyShoppingStore.com” (or whatever the freight forwarder is called, I no longer use them). Probably do not make any difference as MS honors the warranty repair anywhere in the world (I dropped mine and its screen shattered, they replaced it with a new Surface Pro 3 in a country where I was staying then).

It’s not a gaming machine but my nephew swears it’s better than most gaming laptops to play the League of Legend! :D

• Like 1

enoonmai

I bought mine from Amazon US, shipped it via “MyShoppingStore.com” (or whatever the freight forwarder is called, I no longer use them).

Unfortunately (as of Jan 1), my-shoppingbox.com no longer ships anything with a lithium-ion battery.

Cipro

Surface Book looks really nice.